autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

ECH2O 2nd use (left over juice)

Figured I'd give it a tougher chore today. BLACK outside.............
    Left over juice from yesterday, this is what it looked like.

Water spots from FL sprinklers, and about 1k in miles

Hood after wash & dry (2 towels this time for hood)

Rest of the truck got dried with one towel. I read someone on ag said dry, then go over after complete vehicle with another towel;
    This is after dry, there are "oily" streaks (tough to see in pics)

Windows were tougher as 2nd towel seemed to push it around, but then go opposite direction and seem to disappear, but not sure

End thoughts

It does leave a very nice look.
    Maybe I've been spoiled with Uber, but Uber isn't a pain to dry, and never had to go over the vehicle a 2nd time.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ECH2O 2nd use (left over juice)

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    It does leave a very nice look. Maybe I've been spoiled with Uber, but Uber isn't a pain to dry, and never had to go over the vehicle a 2nd time.

Look good man! I think I read somewhere after using it for the first time and noticing the streaks or dust is that the product contains some of the same silca's that are in their coatings and that's what you're seeing. Thus why wiping it off after while a Pain yields great results.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    Look good man! I think I read somewhere after using it for the first time and noticing the streaks or dust is that the product contains some of the same silca's that are in their coatings and that's what you're seeing. Thus why wiping it off after while a Pain yields great results.
    Mebbe. It does look great. But now I wonder what I missed (even the 2nd time)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    Mebbe. It does look great. But now I wonder what I missed (even the 2nd time)
    it is tough to see. for you easier than me as it's 33 degrees, blustery and cold outside so for now I have to reply on the lighting my garage where I keep the temps toasty. Sunshine or daylight always reveals a lot though.

I'm about to head out to wipe it down with a mix of ECH2o with a splash of Reload in it.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

it is tough to see. for you easier than me as it's 33 degrees, blustery and cold outside so for now I have to reply on the lighting my garage where I keep the temps toasty. Sunshine or daylight always reveals a lot though.

I'm about to head out to wipe it down with a mix of ECH2o with a splash of Reload in it.
    I just mixed 1 ounce Ech2o to 10 parts of water and added one ounce of Reload. Should I add more reload for better protection? Left kind of an oily film, almost like using Kenotek Showroom Shine. Wiped off easily and left an awesome gloss. BTW this was on black paint.

Post Thanks / Like

I mixed in about 3oz of Reload into about 25oz of what I had mixed up for detail spray at ratio of 1:20 and it really works great! I read about doing this on another site and must say that it worked out nicely. Sprayed on the the front side of a rag to dampen it, then directly on the car, wiped, then buffed with the backside. Super super slick and a wonderful shine. Gong to see how this holds up and performs overall.

I tried reload by itself last year and hated it so I have about 3/4 bottle left. Using it combined like this on top of a car with multiple coats of ceramic should prove nice. Certainly does on a day like today.

I'm pleased Took less than 10 minutes while on lunch and between conference calls.

Full Frontal

Hood Shot:

Deck Lid

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good Ron!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I just mixed 1 ounce Ech2o to 10 parts of water and added one ounce of Reload. Should I add more reload for better protection? Left kind of an oily film, almost like using Kenotek Showroom Shine. Wiped off easily and left an awesome gloss. BTW this was on black paint.
    Someone on a different ech thread said lower the % of ech and less problem at wipe off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Looks good Ron!
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I mixed in about 3oz of Reload into about 25oz of what I had mixed up for detail spray at ratio of 1:20 and it really works great! I read about doing this on another site and must say that it worked out nicely. Sprayed on the the front side of a rag to dampen it, then directly on the car, wiped, then buffed with the backside. Super super slick and a wonderful shine. Gong to see how this holds up and performs overall.

I tried reload by itself last year and hated it so I have about 3/4 bottle left. Using it combined like this on top of a car with multiple coats of ceramic should prove nice. Certainly does on a day like today.

I'm pleased Took less than 10 minutes while on lunch and between conference calls.

Full Frontal

Hood Shot:

Deck Lid

Please give exact proportions so I don't have to think...

Would you use this instead of qd or as a qd topper?

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast