autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mini Review - CarPro Essence Plus

This is going to be a quick mini review on carpro essence plus.

I didn't take that many photos. Just trying the product out to see how it works.

Test subject: The hood and fender of my brothers car which is coated with Ameriarmour

Tools used:

Rupes LHR15 Mark II
    Rupes white finishing pad
    Scangrip pen light
    CarPro Ech2o as a waterless wash/QD mixture

I purchased the 8oz bottle straight from CarPro.

The directions are pretty straight forward

My brothers car is coated in Ameriarmour paint coating. I have been underwhelmed by it. It seems to swirl and marr easily compared to gloss coat. It's on his and I noticed the same thing on my Camaro. Both cars will be recoated soon.

Anyway onto the test. I gave the hood a quick claying with the Griot's fine grade mitt prior to polishing it with essence plus.

This is an area on the hood. I was losing daylight so I was using the scangrip pen light as my light source.

Before

Went over this area using speed 3 on the Rupes 15 MKII using the white finishing pad. I went over a 24x24 area with 4 passes. This is a non-abrasive polish so it is not abrading the surface. This is the result.

Essence plus seems to be doing what it is supposed to be doing by minimizing the swirling.

I tried it on another area. This time on the driver side fender.

Before

After a few passes. Again essence plus seems to have done the job.

I ended up finishing the rest of the hood. Gave it a final wipe with CarPro Ech2o. Both left some nice gloss and complimented each other well.

Essence plus left the surface slick. It wiped off the paint easily. Overall this looks like a solid product to have for a coated vehicle. Saves time until a re-coat is needed.

Give it a try. It's available here

CarPro Essence PLUS

CarPro Essence PLUS 1 Liter IN STOCK!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mini Review - CarPro Essence Plus

Nice review! I'm still on the fence about trying this. It looks promising but I am unsure how to go about offering it to clients. Most of the time if a vehicle is in need of a polishing I feel I may as well recoat it at that point.. I guess if clients don't want to pay for a recoat then this would be a good solution.

Guess time will tell on how I proceed as I haven't had any clients back yet for recoat jobs.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Good input. I'll agree on the opinion of your brothers car. However, based on the swirls, I can't really blame the coating as man that thing has tons of them that are either from car washes or poor technique. How long has it been since it was corrected or was it?
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

This is an interesting product. It sort of fills a hole in the market about what to do with coated cars that kinda need to be recoated but the customers dont want to pay for a recoating.

Post Thanks / Like

Being coated paint then I feel Essence Plus is an excellent choice to do a repair/correction on a coated paint surface.
    The fact that it is non-abrasive gives it the ability to "correct" without removing the coating and it leaves a nice glossy finish.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz
    I gave the hood a quick claying with the Griot's fine grade mitt prior to polishing it with essence plus.
    BTW - IIRC it has been suggested not to use clay or clay alternative on a coated paint surface as it may cause marring???

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@FinalInspection
    It looks promising but I am unsure how to go about offering it to clients.
    I felt the same way...Where do you "bracket" this process?
    I set it as a "wash and wax" with a 1 step correction for coated vehicles.
    Although CP E+ has "durable fillers" it does not offer the same protection as a coating.
    To me, Essence Plus is basically a repair to eliminate induced swirls on a coated vehicle.
    I've been scheduling folks for every three months to come in for a wash and coating polish.
    So far, it's been working out pretty good.

BTW - Nice mini-review and I love the palm tree shots. (GRIN)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    Good input. I'll agree on the opinion of your brothers car. However, based on the swirls, I can't really blame the coating as man that thing has tons of them that are either from car washes or poor technique. How long has it been since it was corrected or was it?
    It's been a year maybe a year and a half since it was last touched with a polisher. It's washed induced marring. No doubt about that. Not blaming the coating entirely but it is susceptible to marring much more easily than Gloss Coat which I have been using as of late. The performance of this particular coating is decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Moore View Post
    Being coated paint then I feel Essence Plus is an excellent choice to do a repair/correction on a coated paint surface.
    The fact that it is non-abrasive gives it the ability to "correct" without removing the coating and it leaves a nice glossy finish.

BTW - IIRC it has been suggested not to use clay or clay alternative on a coated paint surface as it may cause marring???

I felt the same way...Where do you "bracket" this process?
    I set it as a "wash and wax" with a 1 step correction for coated vehicles.
    Although CP E+ has "durable fillers" it does not offer the same protection as a coating.
    To me, Essence Plus is basically a repair to eliminate induced swirls on a coated vehicle.
    I've been scheduling folks for every three months to come in for a wash and coating polish.
    So far, it's been working out pretty good.

BTW - Nice mini-review and I love the palm tree shots. (GRIN)
    Not a big deal to clay it. It's coming off anyway. In the end this is a test of essence plus. If done lightly with a lot of clay lube it is just fine. The hood was already f'ed up with a lot of defects. FYI optimum states that it is ok to clay their coatings using a specific method. Not sure about carpro.

Good product though thus far from an initial use.

I knew you would like the palm tree shots .

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review buddy!

Post Thanks / Like

Surely don't remember all there is about this new Essence +, but gather that since it's stated to contain no abrasives, yet is called a jeweling product and appears to lessen swirls, then I assume it is not permanently removing any swirl damage, but yet is again similar to the original Essence in that it also contains fillers to "hide" such.

I'm thinking this is correct.

My other thoughts about this new product is that although a hand application vs machine may reap the same advantages-benefits of paint protection, but on the other hand may lack as far as swirl filling capabilities in comparison to a machine application. Again I'm assuming my thoughts are correct.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the marketing sheet...

And down at the bottom.
    Do Not Ingest. (in case that crossed your mind)
    and Not for use as a primer (Like Regular Essence)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Surely don't remember all there is about this new Essence +, but gather that since it's stated to contain no abrasives, yet is called a jeweling product and appears to lessen swirls, then I assume it is not permanently removing any swirl damage, but yet is again similar to the original Essence in that it also contains fillers to "hide" such.
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/.../xyxthumbs.gif
    I'm thinking this is correct.

My other thoughts about this new product is that although a hand application may reap the same advantages-benefits of paint protection, but on the other hand may lack as far as filling swirls in comparison to a machine application. Again I'm assuming my thoughts are correct.
    Correctamundo

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast