autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner

Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner

Product information: Now even more powerful! Version 3.0 offers twice the cleaning ability of the original formula while still being safe for ALL wheel finishes!

Cleaning really dirty wheels has never been easier!
    If you’ve been looking for a wheel cleaner that’s powerful and safe Wolfgang Über Wheel Cleaner is for you! Wolfgang Über Wheel Cleaner destroys built up brake dust and road grime faster than you thought possible. Wolfgang Über Wheel Cleaner will quickly become your go-to wheel cleaner when nothing else works. When it comes time to clean neglected wheels, Wolfgang Über Wheel Cleaner enables you to get the job done quickly and safely. Finding a wheel cleaner that is strong enough to remove brake dust, yet safe enough for use on delicate wheel finishes without staining was once a daunting task. In the past you couldn’t find a wheel cleaner that was both powerful and safe but now you get both features with Wolfgang Über Wheel Cleaner.

Product directions:
    1. Spray Wolfgang Über Wheel Cleaner onto face of wheel and inside wheel barrels.
    2. Allow Wolfgang Über Wheel Cleaner to penetrate for 2-3 minutes.
    3. Agitate using appropriate wheel brushes.
    4. Spray wheels with a strong jet of water and rinse thoroughly until rinse water runs clear.

The Review

I tested this in my detail shop recently on a customer's vehicle. She had a Subaru BRZ that she had just driven about 2.5 hours on the interstate. As you can see in the 1st photo, the wheels were pretty caked with dirt, grime, and brake dust. I wanted to see what the product could do without agitating, so I didn't use a brush or anything. Essentially I soaked, sprayed clean, and obtained the photos.

Products used:
    Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner, 1200 PSI pressure washer

Steps:

1. Luckily it was cool out and after the car sat for about 30 minutes, I went ahead and sprayed a good coat of the cleaner on the left wheels.
    2. After about 3 minutes on the dot, I obtained some quick photos to show the product in action.
    3. After the photos were taken, I went ahead and rinsed the wheels clean using my pressure washer. I did a nice even spray from about 5-6" away. I did a single pass on each part of the wheel.
    4. Once the wheel was rinsed clean, I obtained the final photos.
    5. Once the final photos were taken, I went ahead and washed the wheels like I normally would during the course of the wash. For the purposes of the test, I used it as a pre-soak only.

Impression: This is a great product. You could really tell it was working during the presoak, as you could see the brake dust running down the wheels and onto the ground. It seemed to activate after about a minute or so by turning purple, similar to an Iron-X product. It also smells very similar to Iron-X, which is terrible! After they were sprayed clean, I would say I removed 90-100% of the dirt and grime on the wheels. For the purposes of production detailing it would still require a hand-cleaning but if you were to do a quick wash at home, or something to use as a pre-soak prior to a touchless carwash (when the wheels are cool), this would be my #1 pick. Generally, I will pre-soak wheels in a mild degreaser diluted at 5:1 (Meguiar's). As a comparison to that, this works much better, although not as cost effective.

**** Overall rating: 5 of 5 stars ****

Review: Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner-wheel2-jpg
    Review: Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner-wheel1-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner

Nice review! Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review!

Looks like another winner from Wolfgang.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone please reply. I received the email about the Wolfgang dream wheel kit. So I went to AG and read the five reviews. Not one of the reviews had anything in common with the kit. I have seen the same reviews for other products from AG.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, they should probably change that. It's just reviews for the previous VIP Specials, doesn't make too much sense to have it there because it seems to cause some confusion.

You would have have to look at the specific product page to see the reviews for it.

Wolfgang Uber Wheel Cleaner, color changing wheel cleaner