autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rinseless Wash BETA Testers Needed

Sorry about being late but with Christmas and New Years then we had a week of rain, I know, excuses, excuses, excuses...

I finally got around to trying the sample out today I decided to do a rinseless wash on my BMW 335d. Here are my thoughts:

Smell: I like it. Even in concentrated form the smell was pleasant and not overpowering after dilution I really couldn't smell it at all. I think the smell was green apple, but I could be wrong.

Mixing: It mixed well. I used 2 ounces to 3 gallons of water. There was a tiny bit of suds that dissapated quickly. The water was very lightly tinted green. My microfiber towels were red so I didn't notice any discoloration.

Washing: I soaked my towels in the solution and went to work on my mildly dirty car. Dirt and road film came off easily leaving nothing behind (very important). The paint was squeaky clean. Worked great. I wanted to know for sure if anything was left behind so I washed the windshield then waited before wiping and saw no residue.

Conclusion: The product works like Meguires d114, cleans and leaves no residue. Just what we Geeks are looking for. If the price is similar to d114, I want to be first in line to buy a gallon.

Nick, thanks for letting me test this new product. It looks like a winner.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I liked it so much it double posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by runrun411 View Post
    Unfortunately I wasn't one of the lucky ones to receive a sample so I'm just as curious as everyone else as to how well it works. As I've said in another thread, the new product will have some big shoes to fill with the demise of D114. Right now it seems like everyone's riding the ECH2O train. It's a great product but serves a totally different purpose. The industry is desperate for a D114 replacement right now. Garry Dean is coming out with a few new products in March. One of which is like an IPA wipe, another a RW/WW that leaves nothing behind, one that's like a WOWA kind of coating and a maintenance spray. The with all the new products coming out 2017 has a lot of promise for a great year to us detail pros and junkies. I'm just a junkie.
    I think it's great that gary dean has received the amount of support he has, it's great to support small business owners and when he first started making videos he gave quality unbiased advice. That said, I am a little hesitant about his new "Ghost Rinseless Wash". He says the rinseless wash dilution is 1 ounce per gallon (1:128) but he says the pre-soak dilution is 50/50 (1:1). To me I can't imagine diluting d114 at 1:128 for my rinseless solution but then using d114 diluted 1:1 to pre-soak. Very sketchy to me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    I think it's great that gary dean has received the amount of support he has, it's great to support small business owners and when he first started making videos he gave quality unbiased advice. That said, I am a little hesitant about his new "Ghost Rinseless Wash". He says the rinseless wash dilution is 1 ounce per gallon (1:128) but he says the pre-soak dilution is 50/50 (1:1). To me I can't imagine diluting d114 at 1:128 for my rinseless solution but then using d114 diluted 1:1 to pre-soak. Very sketchy to me
    I'm with you 100% about the 1:1 dilution ratio. I would only use it for rinseless only because that could be expensive. That's like using D115 for rinseless where Meguires would recommend 1:8. However I think although he's running a small business, his IUDJ and Juice Boost is a main staple in the industry.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I finally got around to trying the sample
    out today I decided to do a rinseless wash
    on my BMW 335d. Here are my thoughts:

Smell:
    I like it. Even in concentrated form the
    smell was pleasant and not overpowering
    after dilution I really couldn't smell it at all.
    I think the smell was green apple,
    but I could be wrong.

Mixing:
    It mixed well.
    I used 2 ounces to 3 gallons of water.
    There was a tiny bit of suds that
    dissapated quickly. The water was very
    lightly tinted green. My microfiber towels
    were red so I didn't notice any discoloration.

Washing:
    I soaked my towels in the solution and went
    to work on my mildly dirty car.

Dirt and road film came off easily leaving
    nothing behind (very important).
    The paint was squeaky clean. Worked great.

I wanted to know for sure if anything was left
    behind so I washed the windshield then waited
    before wiping and saw no residue.

Conclusion:
    The product works like Meguires d114, cleans
    and leaves no residue. Just what we Geeks are
    looking for.

If the price is similar to d114,
    I want to be first in line to buy a gallon.

Nick, thanks for letting me test this new product.
    It looks like a winner.
    Thanks for the review!

Note:
    Just as you used Nick's Beta
    Sample to perform this RW...
    I've also used Meguiar's D114
    @ the same 1:192 dilution ratio
    with excellent results.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    Thanks for the review!

Note:
    Just as you used Nick's Beta
    Sample to perform this RW...
    I've also used Meguiar's D114
    @ the same 1:192 dilution ratio
    with excellent results.

Bob
    Have you used Nicks beta sample yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I was very fortunate to be selected to try out the beta version rinseless wash AND also a set of Big Blue Drying Towels. On December 13 I received my package from Autogeek. It was 5* F outside but 46* F in my heated garage. I emailed Nick to get the wash ratios but being Mr. Impatient I mixed up a batch at 1/2 oz. per gallon of water in my cordless pressure washer and in a 1 gallon bucket presoaking some MF towels before he responded. (Please note that I emailed Nick after 6 PM Central time. He responded quickly, but while I was out in the garage.) The scent of the rinseless wash in my sample was very subtle and to my nose, pleasant.

As you see pouring the gallon of water into the bucket with beta rinse already in it created a bit of suds.

My car was a bit manky as it had been driven in the aftermath of a snowstorm. The car had road salt and other assorted road nuggets on it.

I started by doing a quick "power" rinse then set about washing the car. The wash solution laid flat on the surface reminiscent of Meguiar's D114. Using the many towels in one bucket method I rinseless washed the car. The paint came clean very easily as did the wheels including the barrels of the wheels. The wheels were cleaned only with the rinseless wash, no other cleaners were used.

I rang out each towel to show the amount of dirt removed from the car plus I usually do this so that the dirt doesn't go in the washing machine.

Time to dry the car using the new Big Blue Drying Towels. I laid them out after I washed and dried them but before they were folded up. You can easily see just how big these towels are. I used the smallest one to dry the car holding the medium sized one in reserve. I ended up using the medium sized one for touch ups as the smallest one was sufficient to dry my ATS4.

The after shots show my clean ATS4 with it's beautiful swirlless finish intact. As with the other testers I am impressed with this product. I will definitely be purchasing a gallon of it when it is introduced.

2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review looks great! Can't wait to try it.

Any details on your cordless pressure washer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    Thanks for the review looks great! Can't wait to try it.

Any details on your cordless pressure washer?
    I'm using a Pure Clean Outdoor portable power washer. Love it! I get hose strength pressure with a minimal amount of water used.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Post Thanks / Like

Paint looks great Mr. Paul, can't wait to see how you make Mopar paint "pop" in the future😎

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast