BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Glass Cleaner

Product information:
BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Glass Cleaner is a powerful glass cleaner that will gently remove dirt, debris, smoker’s film and other surface contamination from your glass, leaving only a crystal clear finish behind. As BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Glass Cleaner is ammonia free, it is perfectly safe on tinted windows. BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Glass Cleaner is perfect for any glass surface – be it car windows, or your bathroom mirror, even sunglasses, each surface will be left with a completely clean and clear finish.

Product directions: 1. Spray BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Glass Cleaner directly onto the glass surface in an even layer. *When cleaning interior glass, be sure to spray cleaner onto your towels before cleaning; NOT directly onto glass.

2. Using your Waffle Weave Glass Towel, spread the cleaner over the glass to clean the surface.

3. For the final wipe, flip your Waffle Weave Glass Towel to a clean, dry side and, using a side to side direction, buff the remaining cleaner away.

The Review

I tested this in my detail shop recently on a customer's vehicle. She had a Honda CRV that we had previously hand washed and polished. As I began to clean the windshield as we were nearing the end, I noticed the windshield had some hard water spots (left over from the wash, as our water is pretty hard), some general grime, and some wax splatter from a rotary polisher (I do that every now and then). I figured it would be a good candidate. I followed the directions, with the exception of the towel. I chose to use a GG glass towel since I have always had good luck with them. Temperature was about 72.

Products used: BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Glass Cleaner, Griot's Garage Glass Towel, MF Towel

Steps:

1. I began by taking photos of the right side of the windshield, the top right corner of the windshield, and just to the right of the corner. The photos show the hard water stains, wax splatter, and general smearing.

2. I sprayed 10 sprays of the product on the right 1/3 of the windshield.

3. After it had set for about 10-15 seconds, I began to wipe clean with the GG glass towel. I wiped the section clean using moderate pressure.

4. I decided to see how the product performed without doing a final buff, so I obtained photos at this point.

5. I then did the final buff using the MF and took additional photos.

Impression: Overall, I really like this product. It removed the hard water stains, as well as the stains that were present at the corners of the glass due to years of no hand-washing. It also removed all of the grime and wax splatter with no issues. It really didn't even require a final buff, although this was the first section I had cleaned with a fresh towel. When I cleaned the other windows, I did have to buff with a clean MF, which is to be expected and recommended. I have used Meguiar's Glass Cleaner for years and I buy in bulk but I would have to say, I like this product better. The photos I submitted are a comparison of before and after.

I have only one negative comment about this product, it smells TERRIBLE. It smells like rotten fruit or something. At least with the Meguiar's you get a pleasant scent, this is not appealing at all. Fix the smell and you have a winner.

**** Overall rating: 4.5 of 5 stars ****

Review: Blackfire Wet Diamond Glass Cleaner-glass-jpgReview: Blackfire Wet Diamond Glass Cleaner-glass-2-jpgReview: Blackfire Wet Diamond Glass Cleaner-glass-3-jpg