autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Any long term Wolfgang Uber Ceramic testimonials?

Since WG Uber Ceramic has been out for a year or so, there must be some folks with real world results. I'm sure others would be interested to hear them, as well as I. Just finished applying it to my daily driver.

I'm curious:

• What vehicle is it applied to?
    • How long has it been on?
    • Environment (garage / outside, etc)
    • What do you top or boost with?
    • How resistant is it to contaminants?
    • What have you had to do to it? Clay, chemical decon, etc?
    • Is it still beading well?

Started this thread yesterday, but forgot about the apostrophe problem in the subject.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any long term Wolfgang Uber Ceramic testimonials?

This is a Great Topic Hantra! I have been wanting to ask this same question for a while. I have been wondering why nobody has shared any reviews of this product on the products page. It's been out for a good amount of time now.

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

I think the problem with asking about the durability of a ceramic coating is that any ceramic coating is judged to be better or worse based on the person using it. I think like the other coatings on the market, it will protect upto the marketed date assuming proper care. Like any coating, no need to clay but maybe use a chemical decontaminator like iron X or tar X every so often and wash with a surfectant free shampoo or a coating specific shampoo at least once a month. I do remember a guy here from Quebec, Canada who's dodge Cherokee was coated with it and it probably is still on his vehicle and beading well even though he gets an lot of maple syrup sap on his vehicle in the most Canadian contaminant possible.

The reason nobody really shares reviews of a lot of coating products that has been around for a while is because they work well so nothing more needs to be said.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    I think the problem with asking about the durability of a ceramic coating is that any ceramic coating is judged to be better or worse based on the person using it. I think like the other coatings on the market, it will protect upto the marketed date assuming proper care. Like any coating, no need to clay but maybe use a chemical decontaminator like iron X or tar X every so often and wash with a surfectant free shampoo or a coating specific shampoo at least once a month. I do remember a guy here from Quebec, Canada who's dodge Cherokee was coated with it and it probably is still on his vehicle and beading well even though he gets an lot of maple syrup sap on his vehicle in the most Canadian contaminant possible.

The reason nobody really shares reviews of a lot of coating products that has been around for a while is because they work well so nothing more needs to be said.
    And that's the reason for this thread.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

-A lapiz blue golf r
    -Since late April maybe early May so about 6 months or so
    -Garaged at home, outside at work
    -Aquawax on occasion
    -Seems to be resistant to most things except for water spotting, I dont know if we get acid rain or what but after any rain I get spots that need polishing to remove
    -I used iron-x on it 2 weeks ago and did not see any bleeding, have not clayed since I applied the coating
    -It is still beading like a champ, but still get water spots on the horizontal panels

I usually wash weekly but sometimes I do skip a week if the car is not too dirty.

I have had to reapply it on the front fender area and part of the lower front doors because the beading was diminished substantially, I don't know if it was an error in my application the first time or what as this is the first coating I have ever used. I followed the application instructions to the letter but maybe I didnt apply enough on the first attempt, I will monitor going forward to see how it holds up.

I also reapplied to the roof and hood because of the water spotting issue and it is doing the same thing, I have used carpro spotless and the 3d water spot remover and nothing would remove them except for polishing so I dont know what to do about that.

It has held up pretty well on the glass and wheels so far so it seems durable enough but time will tell especially with winter around the corner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by antisocial View Post
    -Seems to be resistant to most things except for water spotting, I dont know if we get acid rain or what but after any rain I get spots that need polishing to remove.
    So when you polished to remove water spots, you then reapplied? Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

Paint coating in this thread is Uber Ceramic applied last Spring. Definitely working for me so far. Have a black 2016 WRX that will be driven daily all winter long in NE Ohio that has the Uber Ceramic as well. Time will tell.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/....php?p=1431252

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hantra View Post
    So when you polished to remove water spots, you then reapplied? Thanks for the info!
    Yeah, and after trying the water spot removers I had to reapply as well because it was no longer beading on the spot I tried so I assumed that the coating got stripped off.

Post Thanks / Like

• What vehicle is it applied to? 2016 Audi A3
    • How long has it been on? 8 months and 19 days
    • Environment (garage / outside, etc) Outside 24/7
    • What do you top or boost with? Nothing.
    • How resistant is it to contaminants? I don't think the car stays cleaner or resists anything, but after a rain shower, the car is significantly cleaner. After getting some tar on it, I could remove it with just waterless wash and one wipe of a towel.
    • What have you had to do to it? Clay, chemical decon, etc? Nothing.
    • Is it still beading well? Never beaded that well to begin with IMO compared to Cquartz that I had on my last car.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The water spotting is very aggravating so I might try another coating like cquartz sometime just to see if I get the same problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast