autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Satin White Ducati vs. McKee’s 37 Matte Finish Cleaner & Protectant

This past Saturday after driving my Ducati 959 a couple of days it was already due for a cleaning. My Ducati 959 had seen rain which left behind topical water spots and had bugs on the front from my commute home. To clean my Ducati 959 I normally use the McKee's 37 Matte Finish Cleaner & Protectant since it is formulated to use on matte and satin finishes.

Since I bought this Motorcycle brand new a few months back I want to keep it as perfect as possible as my first one was not a nice and expensive as the Ducati. To clean my Ducati I normally use the McKee's 37 Matte Finish Cleaner & Protectant and a few Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towels. When using the McKee's 37 Matte Finish Cleaner & Protectant I do not have to worry about the product altering the finish of a matte or satin finish since it was formulated to be used on these surfaces. The McKee's 37 Matte Finish Cleaner & Protectant is safe for decals and vinyl as well which is nice since the tank and side fairing have decals on the Instead of worrying about ruining them I just spray the over the entire area and wipe away.

What I really like and noticed when using the McKee's 37 Matte Finish Cleaner & Protectant is the cleaning power on the lower areas and tail end of the motorcycle were chain grease usually slings the McKee's 37 Matte Finish Cleaner & Protectant just lifts the chain grease right off and leaves a silky smooth finish behind.

Comparison of untouched VS the side cleaned with the McKee's 37 Matte Finish Cleaner & Protectant

The McKee's 37 Matte Finish Cleaner & Protectant is perfect to use the windscreen as well it will provide UV protection so it does not cloud up in the future.

I also use the McKee's 37 Matte Finish Cleaner & Protectant on the satin red wheels to maintain them instead of letting the dirt and dust build up.

Here are some photos of the Ducati all cleaned up!

McKee’s 37 Matte Finish Cleaner & Protectant

Bryan@AutoGeek.net
    800-869-3011 x248

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Satin White Ducati vs. McKee’s 37 Matte Finish Cleaner & Protectant

Looking good Bryan! Nice results.

Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never worked on a matte finish, but if ever do, I know what product to pick up!
    Currently: 2014 Jet Black Mica Mazda 6

Previously: 2004 Milano Red Acura TSX

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the demonstration, Bryan. I see you had some on the rubber. I take it no issues like Armor All then? lol Probably ok with the foot peg too if the answer is "yes."

In coming odd questions:

Has it been tried as a rinseless? For larger jobs I would think this form is preferred; more lubricity, covers more ground, and less product usage.

Would there be a concentrate version in the future?

Going back to 'slippage,' would it be a stretch to use it to clean the steering wheel?

There are other products for interior cleaning, but it's just nice not have to switch/carry a bunch of products when you could do a quick clean up in one swoop.