autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

REVIEW!!! Mckee's 37 Fast Interior Detailer

Hello AGO!!! I was one of the lucky winners to receive some products to review by Nick and the AG team. So first and foremost, thank you Nick & AG for your generosity!

For many, interiors are overlooked quite a bit because the exterior of a car is what everyone can see, and we all love to see great correction work. To me though, the interior is where the real work is at because ultimately that is where the driver is, and they have to enjoy the ride from the inside of whatever they are driving! (Unless it's a motorcycle...)

Anyway, let's get onto the review and avoid my random ranting about my personal feelings.

Fragrance: An interior product needs to have a nice smell that isn't overpowering. This one fits the bill. The best thing I can describe it as is a milder version of a banana boat brand sunscreen. A mix of coconut and banana it seems, but only really stays around during the initial application. After I closed all the doors in the vehicle, I could barely smell it which was great because it didn't over power the "new car" smell that was till apparent.

Consistency: Watery for sure. It's not thick, sprays evenly, and has no drip out of the sprayer after it is squeezed out.

Process: I sprayed directly onto the microfiber cloth I was using that was folded into fours. This controlled over-spray, and once I folded the towel in on itself, it spread the product evenly on the face of the towel. I would then wipe in a back and forth motion as needed to capture any dirt, dust, or debris.

Onto the Pictures!!!

Cliche Product Shot:

Driver's Side Lower Door Before:

Driver's Side Lower Door After:

Driver's Side Kick Plate Before:

Driver's Side Kick Plate After:

Top of Gauge Cluster Before:

Top of Gauge Cluster After:

So far this stuff looks awesome!!! The big test for me would be on the touchscreen of the vehicle because the product advises that it is safe for that. I've never had good luck with products that claim that as they would ALWAYS streak or leave residue behind. How would this one do? Well... Just take a look!!!

Touchscreen Before:

Touchscreen After:

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING.

The touchscreen was cleaned with two wipes... seriously... one from right to left, and then one from left to right. No streaking, no residue, just a crystal clear screen. That... is what amazed me the most.

Overall Front/Dash:

I am seriously impressed with this stuff. As a user of the Meg's interior line (QID, Natural Shine Protectant, etc.) that is what I was comparing this to.

I love the OEM style look that is left on the interior panels, and the fact that it did so well on the touchscreen, to me, makes this product absolutely top notch.

I would highly recommend this, and will for sure be re-ordering once I run out.

Thanks for reading, and if you have any specific questions, let me know!
    A year from now, you'll wish you started today.

@utopiandetailing on Instagram.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: REVIEW!!! Mckee's 37 Fast Interior Detailer

Nice review! I definitely want to try it out.

So "As a user of the Meg's interior line (QID, Natural Shine Protectant, etc.) that is what I was comparing this to", how does it compare?

I like QID(not the smell) and the DUB version(slightly better smell). Both smells linger a while and also linger in your nose after using. I'm glad to hear this product does not do this, although if it does actually smell good maybe I'll wish it did.

Oh, and I like the cliche product shot. Very nice!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    Nice review! I definitely want to try it out.

So "As a user of the Meg's interior line (QID, Natural Shine Protectant, etc.) that is what I was comparing this to", how does it compare?

I like QID(not the smell) and the DUB version(slightly better smell). Both smells linger a while and also linger in your nose after using. I'm glad to hear this product does not do this, although if it does actually smell good maybe I'll wish it did.

Oh, and I like the cliche product shot. Very nice!
    Thanks!

I feel that this finished better than the Meg's products I used. The QID and Natural Shine always seemed to leave a film of some kind (greasy for a lack of better words), and some glare was always present. It wasn't enough to make me freak out, or rewipe the area, but it was still noticeable.

This just seemed to have a nice satin finish with a slight darkening effect on the surfaces.

As for the smell, it was fantastic. I'll know more tomorrow if it's still present when my wife drives her car (she'll let me know if her new car smell is gone because her detailing addicted husband wanted to try something new), but I couldn't really smell much of it after application.

Over the weekend I'll be giving it a go in my car, and I'll be happy to report back if the smell stays a little longer!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review Nate. I've been eyeballing this because I don't like any shine in any of my interiors. I'm a big fan of Einszett cockpit premium. If the McKee's is similar, may be a new go to for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review! I've been waiting for some one this product. It has definitely caught my attention!
    Keep Calm... and Detail On!

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Thanks for the review Nate. I've been eyeballing this because I don't like any shine in any of my interiors. I'm a big fan of Einszett cockpit premium. If the McKee's is similar, may be a new go to for me.
    You're welcome! I've never seen Cockpit Premium in person, but comparing the pictures of what I did see to this, the finish is very similar. I'm just like you with the shine as it is a nightmare when the sun beats down on it and hits your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by EWtheDETAILER View Post
    Nice review! I've been waiting for some one this product. It has definitely caught my attention!
    Thank you. This is going to be my go to maintenance interior detailer from now on. If something gets REALLY soiled, I'll go back to an APC dilution, but this so far has really impressed me!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, FINE! I'll buy it!

It's got the look I want. Low smell factor but good scent.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got my bottle of this and I'm impressed, it cleans and leaves a nice matte finish, I'm definitely going to order a gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    2016 Subaru Forester XT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natewood70 View Post
    THIS STUFF IS AMAZING.

The touchscreen was cleaned with two wipes... seriously... one from right to left, and then one from left to right. No streaking, no residue, just a crystal clear screen. That... is what amazed me the most.
    Nice! Sounds like something one could use around the office. Thank you for sharing your experience with the product.

What was your very favorite before this? I've been switching between 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner and CG InnerClean, depending on the mood. Wouldn't mind adding another good product to the supply.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post
    Nice! Sounds like something one could use around the office. Thank you for sharing your experience with the product.

What was your very favorite before this? I've been switching between 1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner and CG InnerClean, depending on the mood. Wouldn't mind adding another good product to the supply.
    My favorite product was the Meg's natural shine protectant. Cheap, available almost anywhere, smelled good, and left a great finish. But, this one takes the cake for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast