autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax Review

This past weekend I was able to get my hands on a bottle of the new Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax and was really looking forward to giving it a try. I am a big fan of spray waxes and find that they are an excellent and simple way to boost your LSP. Ever since I heard the rumors that a Fuzion Spray Wax was potentially in development, I was pretty excited to see the product come together and get released. I have been an avid Fuzion wax user since its release many years ago.

I find that Fuzion is an awesome carnuaba/polymer blend wax that is simple to use, looks fantastic on all colors, and has great durability.

Product Description:

Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax is as unique as they come. At the heart of Fuzion Spray Wax is the second generation of German Super Polymers. The mile-deep reflections and shimmering liquid gloss wouldn’t be possible without Brazilian Carnauba Wax, which is a prime ingredient as well. The proprietary blending process for this formula calls for such stringent tolerances that it had to be manufactured in the heart of Germany.

Cost: $39.99
    16 ounce bottle

Scent: The scent reminds me of a mild tropical scent. Not overpowering with no chemical smell.

Application: After seeing Mike Phillip’s write up on the application of Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax I grabbed a micro fiber towel and used the short nap side of the micro fiber towel to apply to the paint finish. One of the first things that I noticed is the consistency of Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax is nothing like any other spray wax that I have used. It is probably the thickest spray wax I have used and after spraying onto the finish I noticed that there was very little running down the sides of the car and the product clinged to the finish. I prepped my micro fiber towel with one spray of Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax and used about two small sprays per panel. I then worked the product into the finish panel by panel. Less with this product is more. No need to oversaturate the panel as the product spreads very easily.
    I found the easiest application method was to do one panel at a time. I would apply to one panel and move to the second. By the time I was done my second panel the first had already hazed and was ready for removal. I removed with a plush micro fiber towel with next to no effort. One thing I noticed was that as I worked around the car, the short nap micro fiber towel was becoming more saturated with product and was actually allowing me to use less product.

Results: Very impressive. The gloss and slickness was outstanding with a bright and crisp look and great reflections. To do a short test, I actually grabbed my jar of Fuzion and did a side by side panel test. The gloss and reflections were identical and it was as I had applied a layer of Fuzion wax to the spray wax panel.

Final Thoughts:

Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax is somewhat of a pricey spray wax at $39.99 per bottle. I don’t think this would be the most cost efficient spray wax for the professional detailer who needs an economical spray wax for daily use. However, for the weekend enthusiast or connoisseur this product is perfect for someone looking to break into the Wolfgang line. In the end, this product has the same looks and performance of Fuzion Spray Wax at a much cheaper price.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax Review

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Final Thoughts:

Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax is somewhat of a pricey spray wax at $39.99 per bottle. I don’t think this would be the most cost efficient spray wax for the professional detailer who needs an economical spray wax for daily use. However, for the weekend enthusiast or connoisseur this product is perfect for someone looking to break into the Wolfgang line. In the end, this product has the same looks and performance of Fuzion Spray Wax at a much cheaper price.
    Thanks for the review and comparison to the paste wax version. Can you provide your cost effective alternative spray wax referenced in the 'Final Thought?'

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, but where are the pictures of your gorgeous cars???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChiBears View Post
    Thanks for the review and comparison to the paste wax version. Can you provide your cost effective alternative spray wax referenced in the 'Final Thought?'
    Meguiars D156 is the first one that comes to mind.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review ... Let us know about final looks and durability as it progresses.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChiBears View Post
    Optimum spray wax - advertised 6mo of durability

Post Thanks / Like

I recently got a bottle of WFSW. I like it. It's easy to use - not quite as easy as others, but pleasant nonetheless - and it looks very deep, glossy and reflective...noticeably better than my base layer of Sonax PNS and BSD. It's also much slicker. Can't say anything about beading, dirt shedding or durability yet, but if it's anything like PNS - which is tops for a sealant, IME - I'll be very impressed, overall. WFSW is a little pricey, but whatever.

As a side note, I also got a bottle of their Uber Rinseless and a sample of Spritz Sealant...both very impressive, especially Uber.