autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Scholl products

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Scholl products

Has anyone had a go at the scholl concept products yet? Interested in trying some out if any good?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scholl products

Been trying them out the last month or so, very pleased with Gold XXL! Cuts great and finishes nice, spider Pads work well very stiff, correct nicely. The s20 I like as well, pretty oily which I like for better working time.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried S3goldXXL and S30+, quality products, long work time, no dust, easy wipe off, nice cut & polish.

Scholl products-100_0014-2-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I got a spray wax, courtesy of AGO as a free gift. I really liked it, smelled a bit clinical (like an cleaning alcohol ) but left a really nice wet shine, so far pretty good longevity for a spraywax, and good even beading when it rained a few times. Even after the vehicle is wet, no water spots remained.
    Short story, was very impressed....

With that said, I don't believe AG is selling it any more.

Post Thanks / Like

Right ! They stopped selling it for some reason. I'd like to try Black.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I have all their products and pads and they work well. AG stopped selling them as market penetration in the US wasn't that great but those who didn't try it should have as its really good. If you a Menzerna fan you will be a Scholl Concepts fan. I do find myself reaching for Menzerna more often than not as 400/3500 combo is real hard to beat from a performance perspective.

Post Thanks / Like

The only product I liked was the gritty green compound.The anti swirl polish which I believe is black and the crystal wax it think is the name didn't care for along with the spray wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rastaral39 View Post
    Been trying them out the last month or so, very pleased with Gold XXL! Cuts great and finishes nice, spider Pads work well very stiff, correct nicely. The s20 I like as well, pretty oily which I like for better working time.
    Regarding the S3 XXL, me too! It is as agood as FG400, and it cuts more. I found it quite impressive, I've been using it a lot lately on hard paints, in which Fg400 underperforms in my humble opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

I used gold xxl on a corvette hood which usually is a hard clear coat. By itself it was good enough to call it good. Of course I followed it up some 4000 but it did cut and finish better on this paint than my beloved FG400, the pads work well with Menzerna and this gives you a bit more flexibility when it comes to pad/polish combinations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by finesse detailing View Post
    Has anyone had a go at the scholl concept products yet? Interested in trying some out if any good?
    I tried s0, s3 xxl, s20 black and the spider pad.

s0 is an interesting one- extremely gritty and after polish you can feel the grittiness on the paint- almost like sanding.

S3 XXL is good and slightly shorter working time than FG400. I cant really say it is better than FG400. FG400 is able to achieve alot of cut with initial hard pressure and because of the high lubricity, it can ensure a hard and even cutting for longer period without drying out unlike many other polish. If one buff with minimal pressure like the Rupes way, in my experience it will short change the cut or at least need almost forever to achieve similar cut- can be done but not efficient in my opinion.

s20 black work like S3 XXL but it is oilier. Mine had a little separation- remind me of the old Opt poli seal but not as bad. Mind you, it is not just a couple of seconds of vigorously shaking but quite long required actually. I tried shaking for a minute and even so oil still flow through the nozzle first before the polish which is annoying. After many minutes long of shaking, it finally gel back and becomes clumpy.

Having said that, works very good in my experience in cut and finish capability.