autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review + Pics - CarPro HydroFoam .. Wow!

Hey everyone!

A few weeks ago, I saw AG offering this product on sale. Immediately I thought that this product would be a great timesaver in offering a wash & coat service to customers.

If you've never heard of it (like I hadn't) it's a car wash shampoo by CarPro, that washes and coats the vehicle in one step.

"During rinsing, an effect called “hydroelectric bonding”, is caused by the water pressure. This hydroelectric bonding accelerates the bonding on the surface creating that glass like shell you’ve come to expect from Hydro2. The sleek coat that is left behind not only enhances your paints’ finish but is also resistant to UV exposure, almost all acids, solvents, and alkaline solutions. Your paint is also now more dirt and water repellent than it ever was before."

It's pretty cool to watch. You just rinsed off an uncoated vehicle that the water basically pooled up on, wash it with this product, and now the second you hit it with a stream to do your final rinse, the water goes flying down the car.

Product page: CarPro HydroFoam

So I'll let the pictures mostly speak for the product. This is my personal vehicle. It was due for another application of sealant, and I decided to use the HydroFoam. The paint was in very good shape before application - I had compounded it a year ago and had several coats of Klasse on it. It was then put through a New York winter, driving it through rain, snow, and salt for several months, plus all through Spring into almost the end of Summer. I had only washed it twice since I compounded it a year ago - I know, tisk tisk. I had been busy with my Chevelle and customers. As you could guess, there were a lot of water spots on the car. The Klasse did a great job of protecting the freshly compounded & polished surface underneath, but it's time had passed - no more protection remained on the vehicle. After the wash, all I did was use Menzerna's machine glaze with my PC 7424 to remove any stubborn water spots that remained.. Surface was smooth as butter. That's when I decided to break out the HydroFoam and wash it again...

All I can say is - WOW!

I applied the HydroFoam yesterday, and these pictures are from today after it poured for an hour. These are all from my iPhone. No HDR, no filters, no editing, yadda yadda. The car glows. Note that everything you touch with the wash mitt gets coated. Check out the plastic cowl trim at the bottom of the windshield, bottom left of the first photo.

Of course, the glass, plastic, and everything else you touch with the wash mitt is coated as well. I actually needed to polish the glass, and it still did this:

Here are some reflection shots before it started pouring:

I even sprayed some onto my sister's truck, which is NEVER washed and does have surface contaminants. After spraying it on, the moment I went to rinse it the water flew off. Of course, not too sure how long it would last. But that went from looking like the paint was absorbing the water immediately to great beading. No pics of that, that was the day it arrived and I was excited to try it.

Okay, so here are your options for application.

They suggest using an HP foam gun or a wash bucket. Seeing as I don't have the high pressure version of the foam gun, that was immediately out of the question. As for the wash bucket, the product directions state to use a dilution ratio of 1:9 - 1 part HydroFoam to 9 parts water. So you'll either be working with a few inches of product in your wash bucket, or you'll be dumping the entire contents of the bottle into your wash bucket just to do one car. Here are my recommendations:

1. Use a HP foam gun. If you have the High Pressure Foam Gun and a pressure washer, then great! That would be my first choice. Pour a couple ounces of product by itself into the reservoir (don't add any water) and set your gun ratio - usually 10:1 is the highest concentration on a foam gun, I believe.

2. Use a regular foam gun! This is what I did. On the back of my foam gun, it showed that the highest setting provided a 10:1 ratio. Just like above, pour in a couple of ounces of HydroFoam and go for it.

3. Use a spray bottle with a foaming nozzle. I thought of this while looking around my supply cabinet. I had an empty spray bottle, and a foaming nozzle from a previous product I bought. I poured in 2 ounces of HydroFoam, and 18 ounces of water to achieve the 1:9 dilution ratio. This is the one I tested on my sister's truck. I rinsed the door off, wet my wash mitt, sprayed the product liberally onto the door while also spraying some onto my wash mitt, and wiped down the door. Obviously, this doesn't provide the snowy foam coverage of a Minnesota winter, but it did the job. Rinsed it off and immediately had great beading. I do believe there are also pump-style pressurizing sprayers that have foaming nozzles, you can look into one of those too.

Tip for using the foam gun - since you'll only have a few ounces in there, keep the gun as level as possible to avoid "starving" the pickup tube. If this happens, you'll just be spraying water onto the panel and end up wasting product. I suppose to could always pour more in and pour whatever is left back into the product bottle, but I didn't like the idea of that - just in case.

That about wraps it up! All in all, I was very impressed. The ONLY complaint I have is that it doesn't foam up quite like our usual car shampoos do. You may have better luck in an HP gun, but in my normal garden hose style gun, the foam didn't linger very long. So if the the vehicle is very dirty, I would consider a pre-wash just in case.

Hope this was worth the read! Time will tell how well it holds up. I'm going to try out the regular Hydro2 next. They didn't have any in stock when I ordered.

Thanks for looking!
    -Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review + Pics - CarPro HydroFoam .. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by 001jigsaw View Post
    Hey everyone!

A few weeks ago, I saw AG offering this product on sale. Immediately I thought that this product would be a great timesaver in offering a wash & coat service to customers.

If you've never heard of it (like I hadn't) it's a car wash shampoo by CarPro, that washes and coats the vehicle in one step.

"During rinsing, an effect called “hydroelectric bonding”, is caused by the water pressure. This hydroelectric bonding accelerates the bonding on the surface creating that glass like shell you’ve come to expect from Hydro2. The sleek coat that is left behind not only enhances your paints’ finish but is also resistant to UV exposure, almost all acids, solvents, and alkaline solutions. Your paint is also now more dirt and water repellent than it ever was before."

It's pretty cool to watch. You just rinsed off an uncoated vehicle that the water basically pooled up on, wash it with this product, and now the second you hit it with a stream to do your final rinse, the water goes flying down the car.

Product page: CarPro HydroFoam

So I'll let the pictures mostly speak for the product. This is my personal vehicle. It was due for another application of sealant, and I decided to use the HydroFoam. The paint was in very good shape before application - I had compounded it a year ago and had several coats of Klasse on it. It was then put through a New York winter, driving it through rain, snow, and salt for several months, plus all through Spring into almost the end of Summer. I had only washed it twice since I compounded it a year ago - I know, tisk tisk. I had been busy with my Chevelle and customers. As you could guess, there were a lot of water spots on the car. The Klasse did a great job of protecting the freshly compounded & polished surface underneath, but it's time had passed - no more protection remained on the vehicle. After the wash, all I did was use Menzerna's machine glaze with my PC 7424 to remove any stubborn water spots that remained.. Surface was smooth as butter. That's when I decided to break out the HydroFoam and wash it again...

All I can say is - WOW!

I applied the HydroFoam yesterday, and these pictures are from today after it poured for an hour. These are all from my iPhone. No HDR, no filters, no editing, yadda yadda. The car glows. Note that everything you touch with the wash mitt gets coated. Check out the plastic cowl trim at the bottom of the windshield, bottom left of the first photo.

Of course, the glass, plastic, and everything else you touch with the wash mitt is coated as well. I actually needed to polish the glass, and it still did this:

Here are some reflection shots before it started pouring:

I even sprayed some onto my sister's truck, which is NEVER washed and does have surface contaminants. After spraying it on, the moment I went to rinse it the water flew off. Of course, not too sure how long it would last. But that went from looking like the paint was absorbing the water immediately to great beading. No pics of that, that was the day it arrived and I was excited to try it.

Okay, so here are your options for application.

They suggest using an HP foam gun or a wash bucket. Seeing as I don't have the high pressure version of the foam gun, that was immediately out of the question. As for the wash bucket, the product directions state to use a dilution ratio of 1:9 - 1 part HydroFoam to 9 parts water. So you'll either be working with a few inches of product in your wash bucket, or you'll be dumping the entire contents of the bottle into your wash bucket just to do one car. Here are my recommendations:

1. Use a HP foam gun. If you have the High Pressure Foam Gun and a pressure washer, then great! That would be my first choice. Pour a couple ounces of product by itself into the reservoir (don't add any water) and set your gun ratio - usually 10:1 is the highest concentration on a foam gun, I believe.

2. Use a regular foam gun! This is what I did. On the back of my foam gun, it showed that the highest setting provided a 10:1 ratio. Just like above, pour in a couple of ounces of HydroFoam and go for it.

3. Use a spray bottle with a foaming nozzle. I thought of this while looking around my supply cabinet. I had an empty spray bottle, and a foaming nozzle from a previous product I bought. I poured in 2 ounces of HydroFoam, and 18 ounces of water to achieve the 1:9 dilution ratio. This is the one I tested on my sister's truck. I rinsed the door off, wet my wash mitt, sprayed the product liberally onto the door while also spraying some onto my wash mitt, and wiped down the door. Obviously, this doesn't provide the snowy foam coverage of a Minnesota winter, but it did the job. Rinsed it off and immediately had great beading. I do believe there are also pump-style pressurizing sprayers that have foaming nozzles, you can look into one of those too.

Tip for using the foam gun - since you'll only have a few ounces in there, keep the gun as level as possible to avoid "starving" the pickup tube. If this happens, you'll just be spraying water onto the panel and end up wasting product. I suppose to could always pour more in and pour whatever is left back into the product bottle, but I didn't like the idea of that - just in case.

That about wraps it up! All in all, I was very impressed. The ONLY complaint I have is that it doesn't foam up quite like our usual car shampoos do. You may have better luck in an HP gun, but in my normal garden hose style gun, the foam didn't linger very long. So if the the vehicle is very dirty, I would consider a pre-wash just in case.

Hope this was worth the read! Time will tell how well it holds up. I'm going to try out the regular Hydro2 next. They didn't have any in stock when I ordered.

Thanks for looking!
    -Brian
    Very nice! I'll be looking into this product!
    David 2000 Ford F-350 DRW CCLB BLACK/GOLD
    Wish list:
    Everything Mike has in his garage for detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the short review! your car looks great and well sealed now,
    ill like to add ,when you are using foam lancer to get best foaming close the valve completely for minimum water dilution.
    i would like also to mention, this product is genuine formulated, designed and made by us, not re-branding or re-bottled .

Post Thanks / Like

How does this work as a maintenance wash? Or is this a once in awhile kinda soap? If this product is legit then you may have just saved me a lot of time and money on spray/paste waxing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jomax View Post
    Very nice! I'll be looking into this product!
    Thanks, you should check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    Thank you for the short review! your car looks great and well sealed now,
    ill like to add ,when you are using foam lancer to get best foaming close the valve completely for minimum water dilution.
    i would like also to mention, this product is genuine formulated, designed and made by us, not re-branding or re-bottled .
    Hey Avi! My pleasure - I've been enjoying what I've tried from you guys so far. I really want to try the Hydro2 next, I think. I have the HydroFoam on the Impala, which still leaves the Camaro and Chevelle as open test subjects for other products. I had the foam gun all the way closed to the minimum dilution position.

Are any of your products even re-bottled?

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    How does this work as a maintenance wash? Or is this a once in awhile kinda soap? If this product is legit then you may have just saved me a lot of time and money on spray/paste waxing.
    From the results I've achieved, I plan on washing the car with my regular choice of shampoo for regular maintenance washes. Once I see that the coating is starting to give up, I'll wash it with HydroFoam again. The description states that it provides 3 or more months of protection. So, if that is true, I don't plan on using the HydroFoam again for another couple of months or until I see the coating let go. I figure one bottle will probably do around 10 mid-size cars or so.

Post Thanks / Like

This product is great and indispensable for maintenance cleaning wheels.

Instead of the PIA of pulling wheels and coating them - just clean them with HydroFoam in a spray bottle. The protection is excellent.

Only caveat is be careful using this stuff in full sun. I used it to clean my tractor and got a lot of spots... They did come off with a QD though...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post

Instead of the PIA of pulling wheels and coating them - just clean them with HydroFoam in a spray bottle. The protection is excellent.

Only caveat is be careful using this stuff in full sun. I used it to clean my tractor and got a lot of spots... They did come off with a QD though...
    Thanks for that! Will keep that in mind. My impala's wheels are dipped so I didn't even think about it. & yes, definitely apply this in the shade. If you have no choice, wash and fully rinse one panel at a time. It doesn't linger as long as regular shampoo, so even trying to do 2 or 3 panels at a time might end up backfiring.

Post Thanks / Like

It is just so cool to start spraying the car off and suddenly you notice that it's starting to repel water. I love this product. Even better is when you come back the next day after the coating has cured it a bit. Your car feels like glass. It's really amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post

Agreed. I've used it a couple of times and it's very sensitive to heat and sunlight. I don't have any shade to wash in and so I have to QD the whole car as I dry it.
    You like Nattys, I like Souveran, and Justin is DP MaxWax. And you know what, its alright !!
    -Killrwheels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    when ever your car feel loosing effect from hydrophobic water beading i think you can use this product, or any other quick sealants we do.

Quote Originally Posted by 001jigsaw View Post
    Thanks, you should check it out!

Hey Avi! My pleasure - I've been enjoying what I've tried from you guys so far. I really want to try the Hydro2 next, I think. I have the HydroFoam on the Impala, which still leaves the Camaro and Chevelle as open test subjects for other products. I had the foam gun all the way closed to the minimum dilution position.

Are any of your products even re-bottled?

From the results I've achieved, I plan on washing the car with my regular choice of shampoo for regular maintenance washes. Once I see that the coating is starting to give up, I'll wash it with HydroFoam again. The description states that it provides 3 or more months of protection. So, if that is true, I don't plan on using the HydroFoam again for another couple of months or until I see the coating let go. I figure one bottle will probably do around 10 mid-size cars or so.
    Thank you 001jigsaw , non of our products are given to others , re-bottled or re-labeled .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC View Post
    It is just so cool to start spraying the car off and suddenly you notice that it's starting to repel water. I love this product. Even better is when you come back the next day after the coating has cured it a bit. Your car feels like glass. It's really amazing.
    It really is. One of the closest things to real magic that can happen before your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    when ever your car feel loosing effect from hydrophobic water beading i think you can use this product, or any other quick sealants we do.

Thank you 001jigsaw , non of our products are given to others , re-bottled or re-labeled .
    Very good to know, I like to hear that! Is there really any reason to try out Hydro2 if I have the HydroFoam? Both say they provide around 3 months of protection, and both appear to be low effort to apply.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast