autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer - Comparison With Master Blaster And Sidekick

Another excellent review Marc! Top notch work as always. I've gotten to use mine on a handful of cars now. Really liking the shoulder strap. Cars are done in 10 minutes, easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer - Comparison With Master Blaster And Sidekick

Excellent thorough review Marc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frank70 View Post
    Marc - great review. I'm waiting for my new toy (turbo car dryer) to be delivered.
    Thanks a lot Frank! You will love the DP turbo car dryer. I'm excited for you.

Quote Originally Posted by haris300 View Post
    Another excellent review Marc! Top notch work as always. I've gotten to use mine on a handful of cars now. Really liking the shoulder strap. Cars are done in 10 minutes, easy.
    Thank you so much Haris!! Means a lot coming from one of the best reviewers in the forum.

I totally agree - it's so fast to dry a vehicle now.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
    Excellent thorough review Marc
    Thanks so much Frank! I really appreciate all the support.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How does this compare to a leaf blower?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pryor82 View Post
    How does this compare to a leaf blower?
    The air on the turbo dryer is filtered.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    The air on the turbo dryer is filtered.
    Any additional features beyond that? I'm currently using an Stihl electric blower and would purchase it if it had any extra power.

Post Thanks / Like

Any additional features beyond that? I'm currently using an Stihl electric blower and would purchase it if it had any extra power.
    Not sure. I never used a leaf blower to compare it to the DP car dryer version of what Marc reviewed. I think Marc's well documented review captures the power of the McKee's car dryer.

If the leaf blower works then continue using it.

Post Thanks / Like

How much HP is your Stihl leaf blower? How much CFM? The McKee's 37 has 6.5HP. I couldn't find the CFM numbers. Comparing your leaf blower specifications should give you an idea which is more powerful.

As Mike already mentioned, the air is filtered.

Another difference between the leaf blower and these car dryers is the convenience of using it. The McKee's 37, the Master Blaster and the Sidekick all utilize a hose with a funneling attachment at the end of it. This makes directing air a lot easier compared to the leaf blower. The leaf blower is just awkward to point at different parts of the car such as the middle portion of the car.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Review: McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer - Comparison With Master Blaster And Sidekick

Fantastic review.

I have the DP dryer(same power as McKees) and metro master blaster. Ended up selling the DP dryer. Yes, the convenience, or lack thereof, of the metro master blaster is a PITA. However, it is way more efficient/powerful than the McKee's dryer. I'll deal with the inconvenience.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Review: McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer - Comparison With Master Blaster And Sidekick

I dunno, maybe it's just me but I don't like the idea of anything I'm using in close proximity to a vehicle I'm in the process of detailing, relying on a strap, heck I won't even use corded headphones while detailing.

That "professional" Metro Sidekick includes a strap and a 3 foot hose.. IMO neither of the 2 are needed + it costs an extra $30 for that? Idgi...

I love the original Metro Sidekick.
    I love that it's compact [it feels not much bigger than my fist and is very easy to maneuver around]
    It's powerful enough to dry your average wheel & tire bone dry in about a min. [160MPH/85CFM]
    It's lightweight [3lbs]
    It has a short cord [so when I'm done using it, it can easily be put away or just leave it on my detailing cart and doesn't take up much space]
    I love that it's made of steel [it's taken a few hits and drops and keeps working]
    It's low maintenance [no hoses or straps that might need repair/replacing someday]
    And on top of all that, it's not too expensive. [only $79.99]

Pound for pound this gets my vote.

http://www.autogeek.net/metro-blaster-sidekick.html

I think it would've scored more points compared to the "professional" Sidekick in the review. Just my 2 cents.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast