autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 6 LSP's go head to head!

Very nice update, I applied wgdgps and it has held up well for me. I have some 5 month beading/sheeting vids/pics on here somewhere. With my vehicle conditions, I can easily go 6+ plus months on mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willowcat11 View Post
    Thank you so much for this great test Natewood70! I have been using WGDGPS3.0 for 9 months now and experienced the same results you are showing in your testing.

My car is an outdoor car 24/7, and here in Chicagoland we had a very rainy summer. It easily was protecting to about the 6 month mark, Then I cleaned off and reapplied at the 6 month point, just cause I am used to doing that for regular maintainance. I maintained the Sealant with 1-2 week car washes with Wolfgang Autobathe, and after the wash I would spray and wipe down the car with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant.

A good test for me to show the sealant was working good for me, is that i have a lot of trees, so a lot of birds around my car. Bird crap would get on my car all the time. but it never stuck. Just a light stream of water would wash it all.

One thing I noticed though, that was different than you're bottle of WGDPPS3.0. My bottle too, has the 3.0 sticker on it. But the directions on my bottle say that it should be left for 45 minutes. That's weird since I thought the 3.0 would be the new kind that just needed to be wiped off.
    You're welcome.

I'm really happy with the WGDGPS & Powerlock at this point.

Interesting that you point out the different directions... maybe it's part of PBGM's ongoing testing/quality control that they tweak it accordingly? J

Quote Originally Posted by nontypical 200 View Post
    nice job cool comparison i use coolinite it is awesome really durable in new york winters nice pics good job again
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobertin View Post
    Very nice update, I applied wgdgps and it has held up well for me. I have some 5 month beading/sheeting vids/pics on here somewhere. With my vehicle conditions, I can easily go 6+ plus months on mine.
    Thank you, I'm excited to see how long it lasts.
    A year from now, you'll wish you started today.

@utopiandetailing on Instagram.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello AGO!

Time for the 9 week update. The car was washed once again using Megs gold class via a foam bun and 2BM. I should return to my normal rinseless wash once I can get to doing weekly maintenance washes again.

Anyway, onto the pictures!

Blackfire

Collinite

Dodo Juice

HD Poxy

Powerlock

Wolfgang

Judging this purely off of beading, this has become a two horse race. Powerlock & Wolfgang are clearly in the lead, and I will be interested in seeing how this pans out for the future. In my mind, it's down to these two to see which one breaks down first.

As always, if you have any specific questions, please let me know!

Post Thanks / Like

My personal opinion is that you should take that Dodo shot and place it next to Wolfgang and Powerlock because to my eyes it looks as good as the Powerlock and I would not have expected that. Actually, I expect Wolfgang and Powerlock to perform, but I think you found a sleeper too...especially for its ease of use and at its current sale price of $15.99. http://www.autogeek.net/dodo-superna...-detailer.html

Interestingly enough, you should recall since you've been around here almost as long as me, when I joined here and even before Fuzion the Dodo Supernatural was all the rage and ranked as high as any for longevity. Since then for some reason it's not so popular anymore. This is it...

http://www.autogeek.net/natural-carn...ax-sample.html

Then there's these as well...

http://www.autogeek.net/dodo-juice-h...paste-wax.html

... and this...

http://www.autogeek.net/dodo-hybrid-nano-paste.html
    Bill

5. Likes astro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    My personal opinion is that you should take that Dodo shot and place it next to Wolfgang and Powerlock because to my eyes it looks as good as the Powerlock and I would not have expected that. Actually, I expect Wolfgang and Powerlock to perform, but I think you found a sleeper too...especially for its ease of use and at its current sale price of $15.99. http://www.autogeek.net/dodo-superna...-detailer.html

Interestingly enough, you should recall since you've been around here almost as long as me, when I joined here and even before Fuzion the Dodo Supernatural was all the rage and ranked as high as any for longevity. Since then for some reason it's not so popular anymore. This is it...

http://www.autogeek.net/natural-carn...ax-sample.html

Then there's these as well...

http://www.autogeek.net/dodo-juice-h...paste-wax.html

... and this...

http://www.autogeek.net/dodo-hybrid-nano-paste.html
    You're right, DoDo definitely looks good.

I like the idea of putting the best looking next to eachother, so for the next update I'll do just that.

DoDo was the first spray sealant I used a long time ago, and I never really gave it a chance to stand out as I continually layered different products on top of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review! They're are quality products. However, thanks for your efforts for pointing out no less than 4 product lines that really do "shine" when considering bang for your buck and more importantly awesome longevity without breaking the bank. Anyone of these could last a weekend warrior several years if not a decade...by then something better will have come along.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natewood70 View Post
    Hello AGO!

Judging this purely off of beading, this has become a two horse race. Powerlock & Wolfgang are clearly in the lead, and I will be interested in seeing how this pans out for the future. In my mind, it's down to these two to see which one breaks down first.

As always, if you have any specific questions, please let me know!
    Thank you for your great work

I will have look into Powerlock & Wolfgang I think it's great

But please can you tell me which one it's best for not attracting dust (anti static - dust repellent)

I want something like finish kare 425 I read its anti static so it should not attract dust like other products
    I know finish kare 425 different categories

I just warped my car with xpel ultimate and I think it's attracted dust more now

I'm confused what it's best for not attracting dust waxs, sealant, spray detailer or LSP

But from your testing what products you think it's best for me
    What's I need the most only number 1
    2 and 3 just good if I have it 6 LSP's go head to head!

1- less Dust attractive (anti static - dust repellent)

2- Slickness (easier for cleaning with California duster)

3- Water beading (I don't know why I need it no rain over here maybe once a year 6 LSP's go head to head!) but maybe good for washing the car

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the effort, GREAT review. I'm a big fan of Collinite, but have been drawn to Wolfgang. I'll be giving their sealant a try.
    "All persons living or dead, are purely coincidental."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Vegas View Post
    Thank you for the effort, GREAT review. I'm a big fan of Collinite, but have been drawn to Wolfgang. I'll be giving their sealant a try.
    You're welcome, and thank you.

I am a Collinite fan as well, but once you see these products up against eachother, I'm really leaning towards Wolfgang or Powerlock. Dodo looks like it's doing a solid job also, but the surface isn't as "slick" as the others.

Post Thanks / Like

Now all you have to do is test Collinite 476, 885, 915...and maybe even Duragloss 601/111, 601/105...and FK1000p...you test those along with what you've already done and I think you'll have pretty much covered the longest lasting formulas sold at AG. We will appreciate it!!
    Bill

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast