autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 6 LSP's go head to head!

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalNoodle View Post
    Nah, don't. We know how it is - weeks of beautiful weather and all of a sudden storm of the century as soon as you throw some stuff on the rides.

I'm curious of the water behavior and which ones would remain smooth by touch. My money's on Power Lock & Col.
    Thanks.

I can tell you that on the days it rains, you can see a clear difference between the leaders of the pack and those that are struggling to hang on.

Collinite, Powerlock, and Wolfgang are leading based upon their hydrophobic properties.

Hopefully today or tomorrow I'll get an update on here with pictures.
    A year from now, you'll wish you started today.

@utopiandetailing on Instagram.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey AGO!!!

First and foremost, I am so sorry for missing the timely updates as originally promised. The weather has absolutely not been cooperative on the weekends, and my time after work during the week is focused on prepping for my first child coming in January.

In addition to that, because of the new baby, my wife and I have traded in her car (The Kia Optima) to make way for an SUV. I'm sorry to report that that test subject is no longer available to check for longevity... but... my car most certainly is!

Due to the time between the last wash and now (5 weeks) I did perform a 2 BM wash with foam gun. The soap used was Megs Gold Class, and the process was as follows:

- Presoak entire car with foam gun and let dwell
    - Wash top down via 2BM
    - Dry with same towel as used during rinseless washes

Onto the pictures for the 7 week & 1 day update!!!

Blackfire

Collinite

Dodo Juice

HD Poxy

Power Lock

Wolfgang

Here is how I see the order in terms of best hydrophobic property retention, ease of cleaning, and slickness:

1. WGDGPS - Let's face it... those tight beads look awesome. Nothing was stuck to the paint, and clean up on that section felt smooth without any real "grit."

2. PowerLock - Coming in VERY close to WGDGPS the beading looks great here as well. In addition, similar to the WGDPS, cleanup was smooth.

3. Collinite - The beading isn't as tight as the others, but it's still noticeable, and cleanup was smooth just like the other two. PowerLock and WGDGPS edged it out because of their ability to maintain more hydrophobic properties.

4. Dodo Juice - I'm really impressed for this WOWO (wipe on wipe off) style sealant. The beading is not as tight as the others, and the cleanup was not as "smooth" feeling, but all in all it's holding up pretty well.

5. BlackFire - Hydrophobic properties are not nearly as tight as the others, but it's doing pretty well just like Dodo. The surface was not nearly as smooth or slick when cleaning, but wasn't real tacky.

6. HD Poxy - I'm super disappointed with this stuff. The beading hasn't looked good since the first update, and the surface feels grabby when cleaning it. I've almost completely given up on this one.

Well... I hope this helps, and as you know this is totally my opinion in terms of feel. You can see how they all hold up in terms of beading, and for that the winner is almost a dead heat between WGDGPS and PowerLock.

My next update will come as weather permits, but if you'd like me to comment on anything specifically, please let me know!!!

Thanks for reading!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update and congratulations on expecting your first child!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the little one on the way, don't forget top post next January.

Awesome job on the LSP comparison, the Wolfgang sure looks like it's in the lead at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all your work.
    --Shagnat

Post Thanks / Like

Your test are confirming my experience with Wolfgang DGPS and HD Poxy.
    My HD poxy didn't even survive a few rain or 2 weeks beading in my climate even lay it down on bare and clean paint, on the contrary DGPS lating on my car with ceramic coating, still beading like crazy after everyday rain.

Two thumb up for DGPS 3.0

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review, thanks! I'm glad to see the WGDGPS doing so well, that's the LSP I've been wanting to try. Have you noticed any differences in appearance, depth, gloss etc throughout your testing or do they all visually look more or less, the same?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natewood70 View Post
    Hey AGO!!!

First and foremost, I am so sorry for missing the timely updates as originally promised. The weather has absolutely not been cooperative on the weekends, and my time after work during the week is focused on prepping for my first child coming in January.
    Thanks for sharing the updated results. I'm pleased to see WG in the lead as that's my go-to as of late.

However, more importantly, congratulations on your child on the way! Hopefully one day they'll be helping you out detailing. That's what I'm holding out hope for with my two boys anyway (7 & 5).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    Thanks for the update and congratulations on expecting your first child!
    You're welcome, and thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    Congrats on the little one on the way, don't forget top post next January.

Awesome job on the LSP comparison, the Wolfgang sure looks like it's in the lead at this point.
    I'll be sure to show off the little one once she arrives

Wolfgang sure is holding strong!

Quote Originally Posted by shagnat View Post
    Thank you for all your work.
    My pleasure! I like doing these things, it helps clear my mind from the day to day stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Valky View Post
    Your test are confirming my experience with Wolfgang DGPS and HD Poxy.
    My HD poxy didn't even survive a few rain or 2 weeks beading in my climate even lay it down on bare and clean paint, on the contrary DGPS lating on my car with ceramic coating, still beading like crazy after everyday rain.

Two thumb up for DGPS 3.0
    Wolfgang is impressive for sure. I was really hoping for good things with HD Poxy, but it seems to have just fallen flat on its face.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
    Awesome review, thanks! I'm glad to see the WGDGPS doing so well, that's the LSP I've been wanting to try. Have you noticed any differences in appearance, depth, gloss etc throughout your testing or do they all visually look more or less, the same?
    Wolfgang & PowerLock were very noticeable in terms of depth on my paint this morning when I woke up. Next time, I'll grab a picture of it, but those two are th only ones seeming to add any real visual effects to the paintwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Pristine Image View Post
    Thanks for sharing the updated results. I'm pleased to see WG in the lead as that's my go-to as of late.

However, more importantly, congratulations on your child on the way! Hopefully one day they'll be helping you out detailing. That's what I'm holding out hope for with my two boys anyway (7 & 5).
    You're welcome, and thank you! I know one thing is for sure, if they're going to detail a car, they'll be doing it right

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the baby. Get plenty of sleep now. thanks again for the review.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast