autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Another HYDRO2 Review!

CarPro Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant

If you are a professional detailer and you do not have this in your arsenal, I cant imagine why not! If you are just a hobbiest, you still should have it!

I am not a professional, and I dont even play one on TV (although I did appear on Competition Ready, well at least my bald head did!), but I do some jobs here and there.

The most recent was a Dodge Magnum. The owner wanted it cleaned up so he could sell it. Paint was dirty, flat and dead. No polishing involved here. Just clean her up, inside and out, throw some wax on her, and put her up for sale! Since he paid me a little more than to just wash the car, I went ahead and decontaminated the paint with IronX and a Nanoskin towel (everyone should have one of those too!). I needed to do something as far as protection. I could have done a conventional wax, a spray wax, a sealant etc. But all of those would have added another step. Hydro2 to the rescue!

While technically this was a step added to the car wash process, its so easy and effortless, it truly saved time and energy.

Car was already wet, spray on wet car, hose off! YES, its that easy! I did not even tell the owner what I did, he looked at the car, felt the paint and figured I had at least waxed it. He was more than happy with the way it looked and how it felt. Hydro2 does leave the paint nice and slick. He will probably be even happier tomorrow after it cures some and the gloss enhances.

I took photos of the before during and after, but somehow managed to screw them up. So now all we have is the final finished product. It looks good. And remember, I did not polish the paint or even take a machine to it!

BTW, applied Hydro to the wheels as well. Tires were dressed with McKee's Gloss Tire Gel. Its definitely one of my favorites. Its nice and thick which makes it easy to apply.

McKee's 37 Gloss Tire Gel penetrates deep below the surface to hydrate and refresh dull, dry rubber.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another HYDRO2 Review!

Is there anything easier to protect your paint?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Is there anything easier to protect your paint?
    I haven't found anything yet!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    I haven't found anything yet!
    I'm will you my friend.

Post Thanks / Like

Hydro2 is one of my favs as well. If you don't have to clay, Hydrofoam is great also. Just wash and there is legit protection left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Love Hydro2. If the car I am working on isn't being polished then Hydro2 it is!

I do just like you did. Wash, nanoskin pad on my 3401, hydro2 then dry it off.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

I am thinking of taking the plunge on Hydro2. It sounds like a fabulous product.

I have two questions.

1) The Prediluted Hydro2 lite..is it the same concentration as the Hydro2: 3 parts DW or is it weaker? It says you can use it on every wash you do so wondering if it is a ready to use Hydro2 or a weaker Hydro2 meant as a drying aid after every wash.

2) This is an important question for me. So how do you maintain the Hydro2 finish after the first time? It says it will last 3+ months so when you wash the car in the interim, what kind of routine is needed? Can you use a rinse less wash like Ultima WWP or Optima No Rinse (the blue one. Or maybe the green one)? Can you use a QD or Waterless wash spray to keep it going?

Replies much appreciated. I mainly want the post application maintenance part and using rinse less wash and Waterless wash prays over it and how it may or may not affect the original gloss it puts on.

Also is Hydro2 safe to use over nano coatings?

Post Thanks / Like

I would buy hydro,my promblem is that I'm mobile and my clients see me working hard on there car waxing it the traditional way.I can't charge someone 100.00 for a quick hydro 2 and be done with it .They will feel cheated,but behind closed doors that will work great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I would buy hydro,my promblem is that I'm mobile and my clients see me working hard on there car waxing it the traditional way.I can't charge someone 100.00 for a quick hydro 2 and be done with it .They will feel cheated,but behind closed doors that will work great.
    Well..this is for my own car. I am not in the mobile detailing biz so I am not cheating anyone out of $100 or anything..

I do need the pertinent answers from someone who's been using this product first hand..like the OP who reviewed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    You can just use it on the wheels like I do. Works and looks great.
    It's more than a car...Keep it clean

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast