autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another HYDRO2 Review!

Ok I'm a total noob to this product.. As a matter of fact, this thread is the 1st time I've ever heard of it. Sounds interesting. However I can't help but completely agree with Arnold Layne. Carpros description makes little sense.. According to the description here on AG, this Hydro2Lite sounds like an absolute no brainier @$24.99 per liter. The description leads you to completely believe that it's the exact same thing as Carpro Hydro2, just pre diluted for you. Sounds convenient to me.

http://www.autogeekmobile.net/carpro-hydro2-lite1.html

Why on earth would anyone choose to buy this 100ml. bottle of Carpro Hydro2 for $19.99 when it'll only yield 400ml. of RTU product? That's less than half of what you can get for only $5 more.. Plus you have to take the time to dilute it yourself. Am I reading this wrong?

http://www.autogeekmobile.net/carpro...t-coating.html

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased the ready mixed Hydro 2 Lite and I love it. Its been on my personal car for 2 months now. I have not reapplied it yet and the beading/ hydrophobicity is still really good. When I give it a wash this week I will probably reapply it. My car is parked outside and it has been raining a lot recently, I also find less water spots due to the water sheeting properties.

I also use it on a majority of my customers vehicles, unless a customer asks me to use a specific wax or upgrades to a longer term sealant. It makes life a lot easier and I like that it can be used on wheels and windows/ trim etc.
    Raydiant Reflections Auto Detailing
    Website
    Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    I purchased the ready mixed Hydro 2 Lite and I love it. Its been on my personal car for 2 months now. I have not reapplied it yet and the beading/ hydrophobicity is still really good. When I give it a wash this week I will probably reapply it. My car is parked outside and it has been raining a lot recently, I also find less water spots due to the water sheeting properties.

I also use it on a majority of my customers vehicles, unless a customer asks me to use a specific wax or upgrades to a longer term sealant. It makes life a lot easier and I like that it can be used on wheels and windows/ trim etc.
    you mean sheeting when flooding to dry? because i don't see it sheet very well in any other situation. it is definitely hydrophobic but it beads like a monster for me. i'm not mad at it for that.

to the other posters - as far as hydro2 vs. lite, i know it appears to be confusing, but i can assure you CarPro has stated elsewhere that lite is weaker than prescribed dilution Hydro2 and it has a slightly different formulation to help it still be a viable but shorter term alternative at that weaker formulation.

if you want the max protection from a Hydro2 product, use the concentrate and mix your own. if you want something even easier but are willing to sacrifice some of the longevity, you will pay a bit of a premium for lite as the compromise for an easier overall experience.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I would buy hydro,my promblem is that I'm mobile and my clients see me working hard on there car waxing it the traditional way.I can't charge someone 100.00 for a quick hydro 2 and be done with it .They will feel cheated,but behind closed doors that will work great.
    Perhaps you need to explain to your clients what Hydro2 is, and charge them more for applying a traditional wax, because surely that must take you longer, and your time cost money.

I did not tell the owner of the car what I did. All he knew is his car looked great, paint was smooth and slick and protected. That was what he paid me for, and that was what he got. I could have applied a spray wax or a traditional wax or sealant, and the car wouldnt have looked any better, and it would have taken me a lot more time.

Use technology to your advantage. This is one product that is a technological breakthrough in applying protection. It is a game changing product. Use an analogy of phones. We used to carry phones that could also take mediocre pictures. Now we carry camera's with phone and internet attached. Well we used to wax cars, but now we spray a product on a wet car in a fraction of the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Your correct tech and chemicals change for ease of use,but the old folks down here don't.I already have a hard time asking for 100.00 for a simple wash and wax.They are like isn't a can of wax 10.00,why so much.I wouldn't dare use that as a service being mobile.I can relate but they don't.35 min for some hydro,you will never get a call back from them again.They want to see you work hard and sweat for a 100.00,but they have no promblem dishing out 400.00 for a Xbox for there kids or grandkids.Im on board with you using that in a brick and mortar shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    Perhaps you need to explain to your clients what Hydro2 is, and charge them more for applying a traditional wax, because surely that must take you longer, and your time cost money.

I did not tell the owner of the car what I did. All he knew is his car looked great, paint was smooth and slick and protected. That was what he paid me for, and that was what he got. I could have applied a spray wax or a traditional wax or sealant, and the car wouldnt have looked any better, and it would have taken me a lot more time.

Use technology to your advantage. This is one product that is a technological breakthrough in applying protection. It is a game changing product. Use an analogy of phones. We used to carry phones that could also take mediocre pictures. Now we carry camera's with phone and internet attached. Well we used to wax cars, but now we spray a product on a wet car in a fraction of the time.
    I wished I lived in Miami to charge more.

Post Thanks / Like

The last 2 years I've been changing this around.Doing more planes and rv and classic cars,leaving the scraps for other people to bid against.Im at the point where I'm selective in giving out my expensive menu cards.I will get a drunk on a bike asking me for a card.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    Use an analogy of phones. We used to carry phones that could also take mediocre pictures. Now we carry camera's with phone and internet attached. Well we used to wax cars, but now we spray a product on a wet car in a fraction of the time.
    @GSKR. He makes a great point.^
    The phone analogy is perfect. You could even carry around 1 of these phones to drive your point home and get it through their heads that this new stuff on the market costs more because it works far better so it's a win win situation for all.

Another HYDRO2 Review!-imageuploadedbyagonline1469475121-054570-jpg

I had a similar situation come up last weekend.. I was doing a wash & wax on a 40' RV yet the owner never actually saw me laying down any paste and letting it haze.. Towards the end he had a couple requests such as could I apply some wax on the very top of the RV just above the awnings [the whole curved part at the beginning of the roof. I dunno what to call it] because the paint was starting to peel up there...

He came back out a few minutes later and "caught" me waxing. He said oh so it's like a spray on wax? I replied, "oh yea, you won't believe the stuff that's available these days, the stuff is so good"!

And just like these guys say the Hydro2 looks great.. My job using Megs D156 looked great too. Customer certainly wasn't complaining.

Another HYDRO2 Review!-imageuploadedbyagonline1469475683-084252-jpg

Remember, your goal is to make the customer happy with the results. Not to show them how hard you're out there working. Mix in a smile for them and they'll relate to the good stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Would any of you first hand Hydro2 users care to comment on my question on how to clean/maintain your car post application of Hydro2 and if using a Rinselss wash method or QD spray will interfere with the finish Hydro2 leaves? Much appreciated.

This is a product I want to get my hands on asap but I have to get the nittygritties out of the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Ok I'm a total noob to this product.. As a matter of fact, this thread is the 1st time I've ever heard of it. Sounds interesting. However I can't help but completely agree with Arnold Layne. Carpros description makes little sense.. According to the description here on AG, this Hydro2Lite sounds like an absolute no brainier @$24.99 per liter. The description leads you to completely believe that it's the exact same thing as Carpro Hydro2, just pre diluted for you. Sounds convenient to me.

CarPro Hydro2 Lite Touchless Silica Sealant 1 Liter

Why on earth would anyone choose to buy this 100ml. bottle of Carpro Hydro2 for $19.99 when it'll only yield 400ml. of RTU product? That's less than half of what you can get for only $5 more.. Plus you have to take the time to dilute it yourself. Am I reading this wrong?

CarPro Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant 100 ml.
    I think the 100 ml conc. price of 19.99 is for people who want to try the product and hence the natural premium.

That 1L Hydro2 Lite spray is definitely a weaker dilution just based on its application use (as a QD/drying aid) described by Carpro and not to be left out the pricing (the 1L Lite sells for 24.99. The 500ml conc. which yields twice as much sells for 59.99)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast