autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Another HYDRO2 Review!

Love hydro 2
    It's more than a car...Keep it clean

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another HYDRO2 Review!

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldLayne View Post
    I am thinking of taking the plunge on Hydro2. It sounds like a fabulous product.

I have two questions.

1) The Prediluted Hydro2 lite..is it the same concentration as the Hydro2: 3 parts DW or is it weaker? It says you can use it on every wash you do so wondering if it is a ready to use Hydro2 or a weaker Hydro2 meant as a drying aid after every wash.
    it's different and less robust, so, a weaker overall product. i am taking that info from CarPro, not personal experience. def not meant to be used as a drying aid, though, that's for sure.

2) This is an important question for me. So how do you maintain the Hydro2 finish after the first time? It says it will last 3+ months so when you wash the car in the interim, what kind of routine is needed? Can you use a rinse less wash like Ultima WWP or Optima No Rinse (the blue one. Or maybe the green one)? Can you use a QD or Waterless wash spray to keep it going?
    no special care process required. waterless and rinseless are fine. you'll notice it's very easy to wash since the surface will be so slick from the hydro2 "protection". drying during a rinseless and traditional wash will be way easier. leaf blower or just blot with a good drying towel. easy.

Replies much appreciated. I mainly want the post application maintenance part and using rinse less wash and Waterless wash prays over it and how it may or may not affect the original gloss it puts on.

Also is Hydro2 safe to use over nano coatings?
    yes. definitely safe. i can't recall what the specific directions are for fresh coatings, but i'd definitely wait until the full initial cure period before using this (not sure why anyone would want to use Hydro2 on a fresh coating though!) either way, it's hard to say for sure how long it will "stick" to some coatings vs. others vs. uncoated paint. some coatings are notorious for killing "topper" durability. but yeah, it's safe. works great.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Another HYDRO2 Review!

I am thinking of taking the plunge on Hydro2. It sounds like a fabulous product.

I have two questions.

1) The Prediluted Hydro2 lite..is it the same concentration as the Hydro2: 3 parts DW or is it weaker? It says you can use it on every wash you do so wondering if it is a ready to use Hydro2 or a weaker Hydro2 meant as a drying aid after every wash.

2) This is an important question for me. So how do you maintain the Hydro2 finish after the first time? It says it will last 3+ months so when you wash the car in the interim, what kind of routine is needed? Can you use a rinse less wash like Ultima WWP or Optima No Rinse (the blue one. Or maybe the green one)? Can you use a QD or Waterless wash spray to keep it going?

Replies much appreciated. I mainly want the post application maintenance part and using rinse less wash and Waterless wash prays over it and how it may or may not affect the original gloss it puts on.

Also is Hydro2 safe to use over nano coatings?

1) as far as I know, the only difference is one is a concentrate and the other is ready to use out of the bottle. Also, CarPro changed the dilution ratio for the concentrate. It is now 4 parts DW to 1 part solution. Hydro 2 is a spray on spray off sealant, not a drying aid. If you're looking for a drying aid, you can get ONR (diluted), Meguiar's products, etc. I just started using Wolfgang's Uber Rinseless Wash (diluted) as a drying aid and absolutely love it.

2) The way I maintain it is by doing normal washes (I don't do rinseless or waterless washes). I just use Hydro 2 on my wheels . The better you maintain the cleanliness of your car, the longer it will last. You should have no problem getting 3 months out of it as long as you maintain a good regimen. After washing my wheels each time, I wipe them down with Uber as a drying aid. Makes the wheels look great. The first time you use Hydro 2, do not use any type of drying aid/detail spray on the surface after just being applied. It will remove the Hydro 2. Not sure if it can be used on Nano coatings. I'm sure someone else can answer that. I don't see why not. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMW435 View Post
    1) as far as I know, the only difference is one is a concentrate and the other is ready to use out of the bottle. Also, CarPro changed the dilution ratio for the concentrate. It is now 4 parts DW to 1 part solution. Hydro 2 is a spray on spray off sealant, not a drying aid. If you're looking for a drying aid, you can get ONR (diluted), Meguiar's products, etc. I just started using Wolfgang's Uber Rinseless Wash (diluted) as a drying aid and absolutely love it.

2) The way I maintain it is by doing normal washes (I don't do rinseless or waterless washes). I just use Hydro 2 on my wheels . The better you maintain the cleanliness of your car, the longer it will last. You should have no problem getting 3 months out of it as long as you maintain a good regimen. After washing my wheels each time, I wipe them down with Uber as a drying aid. Makes the wheels look great. The first time you use Hydro 2, do not use any type of drying aid/detail spray on the surface after just being applied. It will remove the Hydro 2. Not sure if it can be used on Nano coatings. I'm sure someone else can answer that. I don't see why not. Good luck
    Actually that is not true. The diluted ready to spray Hydro2 says 'you can use it after each wash' meaning it is a much weaker dilution than the 1:3 dilution for the Hydro2 meant for use every 3 months. Also the pricing leads me to believe (in addition to the 'use after each wash' ) that it is a weaker dilution mix than the 1:3 recommended for the regular Hydro2 spray to be used in lieu of a sealant.

And no where else have I seen the 1:4 dilution rate CarPro recommends. If you have a link for it from the manufacturer, care to post it?

Ok on further research from quartz.com for both the products, I found this

For Hydro2 lite
    Hydro2 Lite can be used as a quick detailer, or after every time you wash. Fast, easy, economic, and long lasting “self-cleaning” effect.

For Hydro2 Concentrate

Hydro2 can be used on its own as a sealant for all hard vehicle surfaces, or over any CQuartz coating for added protection and gloss.

Sizes: 100mL, 500mL, 1L, 5L

Wipe-Less Silica Spray Sealant
    Up to 6+ Months of Protection on All Vehicle Surfaces

The price for the 500 ml Hydro2 is 69.99 (on sale in AG for $10 less). At their recommended dilution, it yields 2L of Hydro2

Where as the price for that pre diluted Hydro2 lite is only $24.99 for 1L. And notice the use for both.

That one in the pre diluted bottle is a much weaker dilution than the 1:3 dilution recommended for use as a sealant would be my logical conclusion based on the above.

Post Thanks / Like

Well it says the sealant Hydro2 should last 6 months. 3 months would be a minimum expectation.

I am just looking for the part about using a rinse less/waterless wash spray over it and whether it will negatively affect the Hydro2 coating.

If you have to do 8 different routines after each wet wash to maintain it, it defeats the whole point of Hydro2 which is its ease of use and maintenance. The product is aimed at people who don't have time to polish and apply a sealant and the advancements in polymer chemistry are supposed to address that which is what companies like Carpro, Ultima, Optimum and Gtechniq do.

Not sure why some answers/suggestions on here have convoluted and complex solutions (like use 3 products instead of one OR do a 8 step routine after each wash for a product which is supposed to simplify life) but in the few days I've been on here, I gotta make that one my pet peeve :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Another HYDRO2 Review!

Actually that is not true. The diluted ready to spray Hydro2 says 'you can use it after each wash' meaning it is a much weaker dilution than the 1:3 dilution for the Hydro2 meant for use every 3 months. Also the pricing leads me to believe (in addition to the 'use after each wash' ) that it is a weaker dilution mix than the 1:3 recommended for the regular Hydro2 spray to be used in lieu of a sealant.

And no where else have I seen the 1:4 dilution rate CarPro recommends. If you have a link for it from the manufacturer, care to post it?

Ok on further research from quartz.com for both the products, I found this

For Hydro2 lite
    Hydro2 Lite can be used as a quick detailer, or after every time you wash. Fast, easy, economic, and long lasting “self-cleaning” effect.

For Hydro2 Concentrate

Hydro2 can be used on its own as a sealant for all hard vehicle surfaces, or over any CQuartz coating for added protection and gloss.

Sizes: 100mL, 500mL, 1L, 5L

Wipe-Less Silica Spray Sealant
    Up to 6+ Months of Protection on All Vehicle Surfaces

The price for the 500 ml Hydro2 is 69.99 (on sale in AG for $10 less). At their recommended dilution, it yields 2L of Hydro2

Where as the price for that pre diluted Hydro2 lite is only $24.99 for 1L. And notice the use for both.

That one in the pre diluted bottle is a much weaker dilution than the 1:3 dilution recommended for use as a sealant would be my logical conclusion based on the above.
    http://www.carpro-us.com/coatings-se...entrate-500ml/

Go under product description then
    Look at step 4 under directions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I would buy hydro,my promblem is that I'm mobile and my clients see me working hard on there car waxing it the traditional way.I can't charge someone 100.00 for a quick hydro 2 and be done with it .They will feel cheated,but behind closed doors that will work great.
    Come on. They are paying you for results, not process. If they complain, you can always tell them this is the best sealant on the market and you pay 100$ for a single quart of the stuff.

I ordered some and should receive it shortly. I plan on using it almost exclusively on wheels. For paint and glass I am very happy with Reload so I am not planning to change that.

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro HydrO2 Concentrate 500ml - www.CarPro-US.com

Go under product description then
    Look at step 4 under directions
    Their directions are contradictory

Here is the wording a few lines above that step 4

Concentrated Value: For every ounce of HydrO2 you make 4 oz ready to use spray. Dilution of 1 part Hydro to 4 parts water (20% HydrO2 + 80% water)

So if I can make 4 oz of ready to use spray for 1 oz of Hydro2 concentrate, the dilution ratio is 25% Hydro2 Conc. & 75% Water. Looks like someone at Carpro screwed up on Math.

Here is the thread on the Carpro forum clarifying the dilution ratio
    Hydro2 dilution ratio

And that Hydro2 life is a watered down version meant to be used as a QD/Drying aid and it does not have the strength of the 1:3 mix

So Carpro has not changed dilution ratio but someone at Carpro got ditzy doing the math (whoever responsible for posting that content)

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Come on. They are paying you for results, not process. If they complain, you can always tell them this is the best sealant on the market and you pay 100$ for a single quart of the stuff.

I ordered some and should receive it shortly. I plan on using it almost exclusively on wheels. For paint and glass I am very happy with Reload so I am not planning to change that.
    Its all about mentality with retail.I have a another business which if they get there hair done for 150.00 and there out the door in 45 minutes they feel they didn't get a good job,when in fact they did.some clients will pay more for the same service but rather sit in the chair for 3 hrs and get a crap job done,but there happy.Ive used hydro 2 plenty of times but deosnt compare to a good wax and elbow grease.I call it the lazy man product.after all it's a carwash sealer,that's been around forever just smell it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast