autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Maguires MT300 (upgrade from PC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    What do you mean? The MT300 says "PROFESSIONAL" right on the machine!
    I didn't want to say anything but yes it is a professional da and does say it on it and has always been advertised as one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asap2stacks View Post
    With all this negative feed back you guys are making me feel like I should just return it from where I bought it from now and just buy a flex or rupes...
    if you want a variety of machines then by all means keep it. if you are dependent on one machine that you need to use day in & day out then get the flex 3401. it's been a proven workhorse for many years. or since you already have a PC, use that with a smaller pad set up and pick up a G15/21 if you are in the market for a large throw DA...

i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

With all this negative feed back you guys are making me feel like I should just return it from where I bought it from now and just buy a flex or rupes...
    That would probably be more of an "upgrade".

I didn't care for the Flex 3401, but I really like using the Rupes tools. They might work faster than the Porter Cable, but not a whole lot. The Flex always took me longer to do serious cutting than the PC, if you could believe that. As long as you can keep that pad spinning under some pressure, you're golden. It's a technique thing.

The Rupes, when used with their polishes and pads has a feel all it's own. It took a minute to get used to it, but once I did, I was hooked.

However, I still get a lot of use out of my PC.

Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth (and maybe you already know)-- the GG6 has a lifetime warranty. A nice thing to have if this is your primary means of making money, as the tool will get a lot of use.

Post Thanks / Like

My first polisher was from Meguiars, I cannot recall the exact model, it's the one that came before the MT300.

Anyways, the thing is an oversized vibrator. After a few hours of polishing I could not longer feel my arms and hands. Since I upgraded to the Rupes Bigfoot 21 I never had that problem again.

I hope they fixed that with the MT300.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use my MT300 professionally, but it's been a reliable, well performing machine - a big upgrade from my 14 year old PC. The MT300's a lot more powerful. Combined with modern low profile pads (5''), it corrects much faster than the PC and is noticeably smoother/quieter. My PC is now fitted with a 3'' pad for tight spots. I'm surprised the MT300's not been more reliable in professional use, since it certainly feels like a quality machine.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one a client bought for me, and it is much smoother than the PC. I did find you need to stick with thin pads to get it to work properly. I tried it with B&S MF pads, and it would not spin well enough to correct. Switched to Meg's MF pads and it worked fine.
    I have since purchased a Rupes MKII 15, and now just take the MT300 as a backup.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123