autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Rupes M606 Rapid Cleaner Detailer

This is a review for the Rupes M606 Rapid Cleaner Detailer I received through the giveaway. First a big thanks to Autogeek and Rupes for hosting the giveaway!

I decided to throw M606 in the deep end and see if it sinks or swims. It's been a few days since the last wash and the car is a daily driver with a 40 mile round trip commute. It hasn't rained but we have had an early morning marine layer so the front end gets a light misting of moisture combined with freeway grime, bugs, etc. This is what I'm starting with. The car was even still a bit warm from the drive home. Sorry phone pictures and lighting aren't the best.

In this condition I would be completely comfortable with doing a waterless wash with Wolfgang Uber but I wanted to see what M606 was capable of. Could M606 clean as safely and as well as Uber? How will the slickness and gloss left behind compare to Uber? Will it perform flawlessly on glass like Uber? Let's find out.

Here it is:

The caustic warning icon was a little disconcerting. Don't think I've seen this on anything else in my collection. The label does mention it contains alcohols. Interestingly the chemical itself has almost no smell and is not noxious smelling at all:

Otherwise the packaging, bottle, and even the sprayer are very nice. Someone else noticed even the sprayer is made in Italy!

The included MF towel is a nice bonus and it's edgless but it's pretty thin. I wouldn't personally use this for QD/waterless wash:

I proceeded to spray a very liberal amount on half the hood. Immediately I noticed the sprayer is very nice. It behaves very similarly to the Opus sprayer heads found on Sonax and Griots bottles. Those who are familiar I think will agree. Nice spray pattern and easy to meter in the right amount:

For the initial wipe pass I just drag the towel across the paint once only using the weight of the towel. I know there will be some residue and streaking but I follow with a second application and wipe. Here's the paint after just one wipe:

So far pretty impressed! Behaves very similarly to WG Uber and feels just as slick when wiping. I then moved to the front bumper. Again picture quality isn't great but there's road film, small bugs, etc:

And after:

After a second pass on the hood. Very little buffing needed to attain a streak free finish:

What about glass? Well it did great on that too.

Comparisons to WG Uber:
    - Cleaning ability: Tie
    - Ease of use measured by effort required to attain a streak free finish: Tie
    - Slickness: Uber by a noticeable margin
    - Gloss: Uber by a slight margin
    - Smell: M606 because it has none
    - Price: Uber by a wide margin due to its availability as a concentrate
    - Dust attractiveness: TBD

Final thoughts/tl;dr:
    -A fine product with the unique property in that it has no smell or color so it won't stain media and it won't offend your olfactory glands.
    -Cleans safely and effectively.
    -Easy and streak free even on warm paint.
    -Nice Italian made fit and finish - it's like the Ferrari of quick detailers but with a price that reflects that. Definitely a pricey proposition if one would want to use this frequently and liberally but I can see it also being a very nice drying aid and stretching further when used sparingly in that manner.

Thanks for reading. I'm most looking forward to using and reviewing P808 Protective Sealant but that will have to wait until after a full wash with M101 Detailing Shampoo.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Rupes M606 Rapid Cleaner Detailer

Nice review and pictures pheerix!

It's crazy how it can clean as well as WG uber @ waterless.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review pheerix, good pics aswell. Keep up the good work

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. This is a great product. I tried it as a drying aid and it seemed to work good.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the review. M606 doesn't leave behind any "gloss enhancers" (i.e. silicones, waxes, etc) so I am not surprised that you wouldn't see an improvement in gloss or sheen. The targets for this product were extreme ease of use (it should be very difficult to create streaks), rapid cleaning (I think you might be surprised at how dirty a surface it will clean), with little-to-no net effect on the existing protection. It is an ideal solution for coated or just waxed cars were the owner desires no alteration of the LSP's characteristics or in difficult conditions to remove grime without scratching or streaking.

Post Thanks / Like

When you review P808, try it as a drying aid. Flood your car, then add a few mists per panel before towel drying. I think you will be VERY pleased!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to chime in on this product.

I've had a chance to use it a few times and I think m606 is fantastic. As Todd said above, I find it hard to leave streaks behind, even when I'm being generous with the spray. Streaks are easy to see on dark cars, and my car is no exception to that. I recently did a comparison between Kenotek Showroom Shine and FK #425 and felt Kenotek was pretty good at drying streak free. I've used a few QDs that seem to leave this haze on the paint that requires elbow grease to buff out. Not M606. M606 certainly gives Kenotek (and any QD) a run for the money. Frankly, I don't know what I like better now -- Kenotek or M606!

Regardless, anyone on the fence about picking up a bottle of M606 should just go ahead and do it. If you're not pleased, you can send your M606 to me!

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat