autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Buff and Shine Uro-Tec pad review

I was lucky enough to win these pads from the recent giveaway on AGO in return for an honest review.

Here is the product description taken from the AG store:

Perfectly balanced for an unrivaled finish!

Uro-Tec Foam Pads are the latest innovation from Buff & Shine, a leading manufacturer of foam, wool, and microfiber buffing and polishing pads. Developed specifically for “long throw” orbital polishers such as the Rupes LHR 15 and 21, Griot’s Garage BOSS G15 and 21, and the new FLEX XFE, Uro-Tec Foam Pads deliver uncompromised performance on all paint systems and longevity that is superior to anything else on the market.

Buff & Shine Uro-Tec Foam Pads are available in two sizes – 6 inch and 7 inch, respectively. Use the 6 inch Uro-Tec Foam Pads on the Rupes LHR 15 and Griot’s Garage BOSS G15. Use the 7 inch Uro-Tec Foam Pads on the Rupes LHR 21, Griot’s Garage BOSS G21, and the FLEX XFE-7. No matter the tool, you will be blown away by the uncompromised performance of the Uro-Tec Foam Pads.

Buff & Shine has a reputation for manufacturing buffing and polishing pads that can withstand repeated use without failure, and their latest innovation continues this trend. Uro-Tec Foam Pads are constructed out of super durable open-cell foam which allows long cycle times without reduction in performance, and the ability to dissipate heat quickly. This results in a pad that lasts longer without any loss in cutting or finishing abilities.

Uro-Tec Foam Pads were designed and engineered from the ground up for use with long throw orbital polishers. From the unique foam construction to the thickness of each pad, Uro-Tec Foam Pads will blow you away with how smooth they are on your long throw polisher. And with Buff & Shine’s legendary durability, Uro-Tec Foam Pads will be one of the smartest investments you’ll make in car care.

Buff & Shine Uro-Tec Foam Pads are available in heavy cutting (blue), heavy polishing (maroon), polishing (yellow) and finishing (white). From our testing, we’ve found that Uro-Tec Foam Pads are compatible with the leading manufacturers of buffing and polishing compounds, including Menzerna, Meguiar’s, Wolfgang, 3D and more! Use with confidence and enjoy the new-found smoothness of your long throw orbital polisher!

My box arrived with all four of the foam pads, as well as a microfiber cutting pad and a microfiber finishing pad, which are not in the AG store at the moment. I also got some nice B&S stickers and a product catalogue.

Initial impressions:
    -These pads seem very well made and very tough. The foam seems of very sold construction and the velcro backing seems to be very well adhered to the pad itself.
    -The foam pads are pretty thick(1.25")but I had no problems with stalling or slow rotation
    -I like the wider face and smaller backing, helps squeeze into edges around intakes, spoilers, etc...

Conditions of use:
    -I ran these on my GG6 with no issues whatsoever. I was a little worried about stalling, but had no issues.
    -Test subject was a white 2010 Porsche 997 911 GT3. Damage wasn't that bad but was significantly swirled.

Thoughts:
    These pads rock! The blue, maroon, and MF cutting pad all cut really well and fast. I also noticed that the Maroon pad finished really well, even with a compound(Sonax CutMax). The yellow, white and MF finishing pad did a really nice job of removing the(very)slight haze left after compounding and adding some nice gloss with my polish of choice for the job(Chemical Guys V38). Compared to the Hexlogic pads that I have been using(also manufactured by B&S)these cut and finished better, and also didn't clog up nearly as quickly. This was probably my favorite part of these pads. The Uro-Tecs just simply kept going and going without a change in cutting or finishing ability. What I used one Uro-Tec maroon cutting pad for, I had to use 2 hex pads and had to switch between the two hex pads after each panel because they got so dang hot! The face of the Uro-Tec never seemed to get very hot, probably due to the cooling hole in the middle of the pad. Overall these pads were a true joy to work with and have become my new favorite pads and plan to get a full set of these at some point. The only thing I did not like was that the maroon pad, as well as both MF pads both shed for a panel or two, but it wasn't too big of a deal. I will try and update this review with longer term pad durability.

Thanks to B&S for the opportunity to try these pads out!
    Currently: 2014 Jet Black Mica Mazda 6

Previously: 2004 Milano Red Acura TSX

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buff and Shine Uro-Tec pad review

Thanks for the review, any pics?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGuy21 View Post
    I was lucky enough to win these pads from the recent giveaway on AGO in return for an honest review.

Here is the product description taken from the AG store:

Perfectly balanced for an unrivaled finish!

Uro-Tec Foam Pads are the latest innovation from Buff & Shine, a leading manufacturer of foam, wool, and microfiber buffing and polishing pads. Developed specifically for “long throw” orbital polishers such as the Rupes LHR 15 and 21, Griot’s Garage BOSS G15 and 21, and the new FLEX XFE, Uro-Tec Foam Pads deliver uncompromised performance on all paint systems and longevity that is superior to anything else on the market.

Buff & Shine Uro-Tec Foam Pads are available in two sizes – 6 inch and 7 inch, respectively. Use the 6 inch Uro-Tec Foam Pads on the Rupes LHR 15 and Griot’s Garage BOSS G15. Use the 7 inch Uro-Tec Foam Pads on the Rupes LHR 21, Griot’s Garage BOSS G21, and the FLEX XFE-7. No matter the tool, you will be blown away by the uncompromised performance of the Uro-Tec Foam Pads.

Buff & Shine has a reputation for manufacturing buffing and polishing pads that can withstand repeated use without failure, and their latest innovation continues this trend. Uro-Tec Foam Pads are constructed out of super durable open-cell foam which allows long cycle times without reduction in performance, and the ability to dissipate heat quickly. This results in a pad that lasts longer without any loss in cutting or finishing abilities.

Uro-Tec Foam Pads were designed and engineered from the ground up for use with long throw orbital polishers. From the unique foam construction to the thickness of each pad, Uro-Tec Foam Pads will blow you away with how smooth they are on your long throw polisher. And with Buff & Shine’s legendary durability, Uro-Tec Foam Pads will be one of the smartest investments you’ll make in car care.

Buff & Shine Uro-Tec Foam Pads are available in heavy cutting (blue), heavy polishing (maroon), polishing (yellow) and finishing (white). From our testing, we’ve found that Uro-Tec Foam Pads are compatible with the leading manufacturers of buffing and polishing compounds, including Menzerna, Meguiar’s, Wolfgang, 3D and more! Use with confidence and enjoy the new-found smoothness of your long throw orbital polisher!

My box arrived with all four of the foam pads, as well as a microfiber cutting pad and a microfiber finishing pad, which are not in the AG store at the moment. I also got some nice B&S stickers and a product catalogue.

Initial impressions:
    -These pads seem very well made and very tough. The foam seems of very sold construction and the velcro backing seems to be very well adhered to the pad itself.
    -The foam pads are pretty thick(1.25")but I had no problems with stalling or slow rotation
    -I like the wider face and smaller backing, helps squeeze into edges around intakes, spoilers, etc...

Conditions of use:
    -I ran these on my GG6 with no issues whatsoever. I was a little worried about stalling, but had no issues.
    -Test subject was a white 2010 Porsche 997 911 GT3. Damage wasn't that bad but was significantly swirled.

Thoughts:
    These pads rock! The blue, maroon, and MF cutting pad all cut really well and fast. I also noticed that the Maroon pad finished really well, even with a compound(Sonax CutMax). The yellow, white and MF finishing pad did a really nice job of removing the(very)slight haze left after compounding and adding some nice gloss with my polish of choice for the job(Chemical Guys V38). Compared to the Hexlogic pads that I have been using(also manufactured by B&S)these cut and finished better, and also didn't clog up nearly as quickly. This was probably my favorite part of these pads. The Uro-Tecs just simply kept going and going without a change in cutting or finishing ability. What I used one Uro-Tec maroon cutting pad for, I had to use 2 hex pads and had to switch between the two hex pads after each panel because they got so dang hot! The face of the Uro-Tec never seemed to get very hot, probably due to the cooling hole in the middle of the pad. Overall these pads were a true joy to work with and have become my new favorite pads and plan to get a full set of these at some point. The only thing I did not like was that the maroon pad, as well as both MF pads both shed for a panel or two, but it wasn't too big of a deal. I will try and update this review with longer term pad durability.

Thanks to B&S for the opportunity to try these pads out!
    Which MF pads are you referring to ?
    http://www.autogeek.net/buff-and-shi...hing-pads.html

Or something new and not released yet ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ulrads1 View Post
    Thanks for the review, any pics?
    I have a few, but not very good ones because I didn't have my good swirl finding light and was down to the light on my phone. I will post them here when I get a chance tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by sealthedeal View Post
    Which MF pads are you referring to ?
    Buff and Shine Microfiber Pads

Or something new and not released yet ?

I'm guessing they just haven't released them yet. They are Uro-Tec pads(have cooling hole). The wrapping on those IIRC didn't have any writing or description like the foam ones do
    Currently: 2014 Jet Black Mica Mazda 6

Previously: 2004 Milano Red Acura TSX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGuy21 View Post
    I have a few, but not very good ones because I didn't have my good swirl finding light and was down to the light on my phone. I will post them here when I get a chance tonight.

I'm guessing they just haven't released them yet. They are Uro-Tec pads(have cooling hole). The wrapping on those IIRC didn't have any writing or description like the foam ones do
    The link I showed you also has a center hole. Can you please some pics for that MF pad ? I am sure you were sent pads for public review so posting pics of it wont spoil any of their release plans Buff and Shine Uro-Tec pad review

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you post close up pics on the maroon, yellow and white pads too? I already have the blue and am contemplating getting the rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the response. I am happy they worked out for you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pad Man View Post
    Thanks for the response. I am happy they worked out for you
    Show us the new MF pads Buff and Shine Uro-Tec pad review

Post Thanks / Like

Buff and Shine Uro-Tec pad review

They are the same BnS MF pads that have been out for a while, they just have a hole in the middle now for heat dispersal. I have some and they're awesome. Cut well and contour great!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Also, the Uro-Tec foam pads are very good. I prefer BnS over LC any day of the week.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast