autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: HD Speed

Post Thanks / Like

HD Speed

I'm really digging this HD speed product for my AIO go to. People seem to really be liking this. Does this have any filers in it to mask and hide the scratches and swirls? I hope it does

Also I'm currently using an AIO of Meguiars D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream. I have been using this stuff with a green foam lake county pad.

So, with that said, I'm your guys opinion how does the HD speed AIO compare to the Megs D151? If given a chose between the two for a customers vehicle which one of those AIO would you pick?

The HD speed for one gallon is $70. The megs D151 for one gallon is $35. Is the price difference worth the HD speed?

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD Speed

I haven't used D151 but I do use HD Speed and Menzerna 3 in 1. Recently tested them back to back on 2 cars, a 2014 off white Porsche Cayenne and 2014 orange Ford Focus ST. I used the 3401 with BnS Green pads and LC Orange on both cars and both AIO's.

The interesting bit is both Speed and 3 in 1 preferred the heavier cutting Orange pads over the Green polishing pad on both cars. HD Speed while being a fantastic AIO lost to Menz 3 in 1 in overall cut/correction ability, but in overall finish/gloss both were identical. For milder correction Speed is perfect, but on harder paints and deeper swirls Menzerna 3 in 1 is the AIO king.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    I haven't used D151 but I do use HD Speed and Menzerna 3 in 1. Recently tested them back to back on 2 cars, a 2014 off white Porsche Cayenne and 2014 orange Ford Focus ST. I used the 3401 with BnS Green pads and LC Orange on both cars and both AIO's.

The interesting bit is both Speed and 3 in 1 preferred the heavier cutting Orange pads over the Green polishing pad on both cars. HD Speed while being a fantastic AIO lost to Menz 3 in 1 in overall cut/correction ability, but in overall finish/gloss both were identical. For milder correction Speed is perfect, but on harder paints and deeper swirls Menzerna 3 in 1 is the AIO king.
    Interesting, What's the deal with Meg M100. Does that have good cutting power with a nice finish shine?

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

M100 I don't have access to and really wish I did. I have already one stepped with M101,105,95,85 and UC. Meguiars shouldn't be overlooked as they serious cutters with very nice finishing. M105 I won't buy again though, too dusty and too dry.

Post Thanks / Like

I could not believe how good HD Speed worked with Lake Country orange CCS and a rotary. I experienced better results with the coarser pads as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
    I'm really digging this HD speed product for my AIO go to. People seem to really be liking this. Does this have any filers in it to mask and hide the scratches and swirls? I hope it does

Also I'm currently using an AIO of Meguiars D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream. I have been using this stuff with a green foam lake county pad.

So, with that said, I'm your guys opinion how does the HD speed AIO compare to the Megs D151? If given a chose between the two for a customers vehicle which one of those AIO would you pick?

The HD speed for one gallon is $70. The megs D151 for one gallon is $35. Is the price difference worth the HD speed?
    Have you tried the HDAdapt we spoke of too?

LOL on the HDSpeed......I couldn't help but hit a few panels on our van with it and an orange pad as I tried out my Flex 3401. I LOVE how it works and that it's so easy to take off. I have a ton of LSP's so I've not used HDPoxy but I so love Menzerna Powerlock and others.....

In terms of fillers, I believe it does likely have some. Nothing like a true glaze though I'm sure. I use Blacklight and Blackhole on dark cars and love it. Two coats and then lock them in with a sealer. They really work well. I've tested them on the door handle ares that often are riddled with scratches.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

RE Fillers: Often comes up in conversations and all I can do is pass along info from the Source, David Fermani from 3D.

Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    HD Speed is a proprietary blend of technologies from Cut, Adapt, Polish & POXY. It's more than just an AIO and can perform many duties like paint cleansing, gloss enhancement, paint protectant, final polishing and can also act as a primer for other HD/3D protectants. I personally finish all my correction jobs with Speed unless I'm using a coating. I also feel that POXY over Speed looks better than POXY over Polish so feel free to use either as you see fit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

You seem to have experience with both products and you're "really digging" the Speed. What do YOU think and what is YOUR reputation worth with your customers cars?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    You seem to have experience with both products and you're "really digging" the Speed. What do YOU think and what is YOUR reputation worth with your customers cars?
    Wax Master, I apologize for my wording on my post.. I have no experience with HD Adapt. I'm digging all the positive reviews on here about the stuff.

My reputation is great with my customers. Just curious, why do you ask?

Post Thanks / Like

I just used speed for the first time the other night and was blown away by it. IMO it lives up to all of the hype and praise that it has been generating. Long working time, great correction, and wipes off so easily.

Here is a pic of speed topped with poxy.

HD Speed-image-jpg

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast