autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Son1c wax Protowax 111

So I was one of the lucky winners of Drew's latest giveaway and have just tried one of the waxes tonight. Here's the brief overview of the 111 Protowax:

SON1C Wax ProtoWax 111
    2-3 Months & Medium-Hard Texture
    ProtoWax 111 utilizes a high concentration of organic beeswax coupled with the finest carnauba wax blended with rich natural oils. This zesty wax ensures paintwork POP!

I decided to try this wax first because of the last line in the description, ensures paint work POP! I have a cars and coffee to go to tomorrow, weather permitting, so I wanted something with a little bit "extra". I first did a RW wash to the car using OWW and dried it off real good, I then did the tires, wheels and wheelwells to make sure all had time to dry. I should also add that I was down in the garage and when I started it was 74 outside and I was very comfortable down there, so temps for this were perfect.

I used a 3" foam GG applicator pad made for machine use, but I wanted to use it for better control around my stripes. Upon opening the 111 you notice a citrus and pine smell. I dabbed enough to color the red applicator green, but only a small amount. I started with the hood and applied it very thin, did the entire hood and then removed it right away. It came off pretty easy but IMO this wax needs time to set up as it kinda smeared off, having no directions for this I kinda "winged it". I decided for the rest of the car I would do more panels and come back to remove, this was the ticket! I then did the front fenders and the front butt, then removed and it came off easily, no residue or anything. For removal I used a clean GG yellow mf towel, ended up using both sides as well just because. Next was the roof and rails, both sides and once again, letting it set up was the trick here, no problem. I used this method to do the entire car and it came out great, really gave the paint a real "sharp" look.

I didn't take any pics as the lighting down in the garage isn't the best and I started at 9;30 p.m. and finished up at 11:30 p.m.,this was RW, drying the car,doing the tires and wheels, barrels and wheels wells, the later was just a spray from my 2 gallon hand pump that had some leftover 3D RW in there. I did take my camera phone and put on the LED flashlight and the metal flake POPS, BIG TIME!!! I hope to be able to make it to the show and it doesn't rain but if I can't I will post some pics outside as soon as I can but FWIW guys/gals, this 111 looks to be a winner. Drew said 2-3 monthes of protection and what's cool about that is Drew is being realistic here, no unreachable claims, although there's other waxes in this 6 pack that claim 6 monthes, don't recall that one right now but it will be reviewed for sure, I have my wifes car to do and the one with the longest durability will surely get that one as her car gets dirty and stays dirty for quite some time, a "true test" for that particular wax.

In closing this product went on easy, came off easy (when allowed to set up) and produced a great shine that really POPS! Great job on the first Protowax of the 6 pack, looking forward to using the next one for sure, your products really are good

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Son1c wax Protowax 111

Just a little update:

So I decided to NOT go to the other cars and coffee debut this morning because the skies didn't agree and I guess it was raining to the south, so no biggie but I will be driving the car tomorrow, so I will take some pics outside of the cars finish. Also, no big surprise here, but I'm going to apply a 2nd coat of the 111 to the car when I get done posting this. This time I'm going to apply it to the entire car and THEN remove. I figured it would be beneficial to show if this is possilbe with the 111 Protowax and I'm sure Drew would like to know this as well. Its also a good thing too because we've got rain in the forecast this coming Monday through Thursday, a little extra protection is always a good thing!

So I'm off to the basement and will report back how it went applying 111 Protowax to the entire car and THEN removing it, stay "tuned".

Post Thanks / Like

Son1c wax Protowax 111-imageuploadedbyagonline1462630462-654261-jpg
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    Son1c wax Protowax 111-imageuploadedbyagonline1462630462-654261-jpg
    LMAO! Funny Post. All kidding aside excellent review and can't wait for the final write up. Drew makes excellent waxes; any of them are great. That being said...of all the waxes Drew has made so far his Phoenix has an ever so slight edge in his brand. I have quite a few of his waxes and it will not hurt to have more.

Question to Drew....when are you bringing out your Black Wax?? Could it be the Proto wax 111?
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    LMAO! Funny Post. All kidding aside excellent review and can't wait for the final write up. Drew makes excellent waxes; any of them are great. That being said...of all the waxes Drew has made so far his Phoenix has an ever so slight edge in his brand. I have quite a few of his waxes and it will not hurt to have more.

Question to Drew....when are you bringing out your Black Wax?? Could it be the Proto wax 111?
    Only wanna chime in on the 111, it's not the black wax at all. I have the black wax Protowax and it is actually black, the 111 is actually green.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, it's been about 50 minutes and I'm done with the car, ahhhh the benefits of the Fiat 500. Like I said I applied 111 Protowax to the entire car and then removed in the same order, here's the results.

It came off VERY EASILY with NO DUSTING AT ALL!! I can say without a doubt that this product needs to set up, about 10 minutes if your one to "play it safe" but I applied it to the entire car and while it's a small car it stayed on for more than 10 minutes, I'd say it was more like half an hour. I feel I could've did this last night as well but because it was new I played it safe.

I really like this wax and I wish I had a pic of what my eyes were looking at with the cell phone flashlight on the paint, every single metal flake flec stood out and said "look at me!". Whatever Drew put in this wax all together is a winner, it has to be one that's going to make it to production.

I'm looking forward to what the other winners have to say about 111 Protowax in their review.

I know it says 2-3 monthes of protection but my next review on my own car will be a month from now but look for one on my wife's car with the longest lasting product coming soon!

Thanks for making such a great product for us Drew!

Post Thanks / Like

Great write up. I'm looking forward to the pics. I'm hoping to have time to try the back wax today on an older audi garage queen.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    Great write up. I'm looking forward to the pics. I'm hoping to have time to try the back wax today on an older audi garage queen.
    An Audi garage queen.what is it, SWB Quattro perhaps?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    An Audi garage queen.what is it, SWB Quattro perhaps?

1990 V8 Quattro, first of the D platform.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    1990 V8 Quattro, first of the D platform.
    That's a rare car itself Son1c wax Protowax 111

Any pics???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast