autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Garage Liquid Poly Waxx

Dear forums members,

So I've always applied carnauba paste wax to my car - XMT180, Signature Series II and McKee's 37 Trademark. I love the look of carnauba, and since it gets waxed once a month, longetivity isn't something I worry about even though any of the products listed above would easily offer 3 months of protection according to their manufacturer.

But I'd recently gotten the itch to try a synthetic wax. I looked around, read as much as I could and Griot's Poly Wax caught my eye. I picked up a bottle at a local Pep Boys so I could try it before ordering larger quantities from AG.

Griots Garage Liquid Gloss Poly Wax

i have to say I liked it. i applied it after a wash as the car needed no polishing. I began waxing around 5 PM with air temps around 65 and paint temp of course a little warmer but not hot. I applied it as directed (by hand) using the provided red applicator - which in itself was quite nice. Specifically, apply and let flash for approx. 10 mins per panel then removed with the provided microfiber. The wax was very easy to remove and somewhere between XMT180 (takes the most effort of the products in this thread) and SSII (eaaiest to remove). Despite sun on the car, it was never difficult to remove.

I would describe the shine as very amplified, very precise and that is not a bad thing. The paint GLOWS! It is very very glossy and left the paint feeling extremely slick - slightly more than any paste wax I've used. It was not as warm though as SSII or Trademark. Experienced Carnauba users would be able to tell the difference but that is that nature of carnauba vs. a fully synthetic product.

The product has a pleasant smell like an orange cremesicle, and that is part of the appeal of 'having fun in your garage'. Harsh smelling products take away from the enjoyment somehow. This product you enjoy working with, and the Griot's bottle top I like a lot.

I cannot speak to duabilty or water beading characteristics as I've just finished the car, and because it got dark, no pics yet. I will however try to take some day-after pics tomroow before doing a friend's Corvette.

i can wholeheartedly say I like the product for it's ease of use and the second to none gloss it left behind. When you factor in a reasonable price for 16 ounces, it's a product that will become a regular staple in my wax regimine and one I would advocate others give a try. As mentioned above, I apply wax to my car more often than most might, so for that reason I am not the best one to judge durability.

Can't wait to use it again. Oh wait, I'll have a yellow Vette in my driveway in less than 8 hours :-)

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage Liquid Poly Waxx

Thanks for the review. Post some pics so we can enjoy that shine as well. You may want to consider a spray wax to go along with it to get your monthly wax fix.

Post Thanks / Like

The over use of wax no matter paste, liquid, or spray will actually be counter productive if over used. A polymer spray booster product is much better if you're a waxaholic in so far as boosting your wax or sealant after every wash. Even better, is start washing with a carnuba based rinseless wash like pinnacle's product and boost your wax in one step as you wash.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys here are some early morning pics. The sun was just rising and still some dew on the window, but still a nice gloss captured.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Griot's Garage Liquid Poly Waxx-image-jpg  

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post

I picked up a bottle at a local Pep Boys so I could try it before ordering larger quantities from AG.

ScottH
    Good save Scott!

Next time you're tempted to purchase a Griot's Garage product from PEP BOYS pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasseeeeeeeee give me a call first! I've got 6 drawers (no kidding) of nothing but microfiber at my desk, and I'll gladly donate a couple if you don't mind waiting a day or two for the wax to be delivered from Autogeek.

Oh, and great review by the way. Jeff Brown from Griot's Garage has been bugging me to try this wax for months now. I'm glad you like it!

Post Thanks / Like

One more...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Griot's Garage Liquid Poly Waxx-image-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Garage Liquid Poly Waxx-image-jpgGriot's Garage Liquid Poly Waxx-image-jpg

...and here's the Vette I mentioned above. Polished with XMT3 and XMT360 before waxing. Poly Wax is some great looking wax! Sorry if the pics are off by 90 degrees...damn iPad! LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

...one more

Post Thanks / Like

Now that it's been approx 48 hours since I applied Poly Wax, I noticed it doesn't attract dust as much as carnauba paste. Just an observation.

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

Dust attraction is always an important variable.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast