autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Exterior System: Polish Enhancer, Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0, and Deep Gloss Liquid Seal

Little update.

Been raining so I've washed it three times now. The water doesn't fly off, but it's coming off better than unwaxed paint, and better than the first rinse. Liquid seal seems to not have many hydrophobic properties beyond making the water bead up, it just sits on the car. The one month older GTechniq Crystal Serum Light on my wife's SUV has much better water shedding properties. I also read GTechniq EXO has excellent water shedding properties but I haven't tested EXO myself.

However so far the seal is good, and it looks good when hand dried.
    Car enthusiast, here to learn. 2015 Audi RS7.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Exterior System: Polish Enhancer, Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0, and Deep Gloss Liquid Seal

Quote Originally Posted by J504 View Post
    I noticed the same thing about water not flying off the paint with liquid seal. Pretty dissapointing to see. I've used it on 4 different cars and same results. Maybe I got a bad batch? I just assumed it was the characteristic of liquid seal, so o stopped using it.
    I'm seeing some spotting on my grill doesn't come off enough even with spot free and driving around to dry the grill. Best solution I have found is to hit the grill with an air blower but that defeats half of the purpose of liquid sealing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks OP for doing the review, I find it interesting about the water not shedding. I am currently using the 3.0 and have only been using the detail spritz after washing (couldn't they come up with a different word than spritz?)

What about this sequence. Doing the 3.0, 2-3 times a year. Use the uber rinseless for weekly cleaning and followed up with the deep gloss spritz sealant after each wash or every other washing? More than this doesn't seem real efficient/necessary.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuffinBuff View Post
    Thanks OP for doing the review, I find it interesting about the water not shedding. I am currently using the 3.0 and have only been using the detail spritz after washing (couldn't they come up with a different word than spritz?)

What about this sequence. Doing the 3.0, 2-3 times a year. Use the uber rinseless for weekly cleaning and followed up with the deep gloss spritz sealant after each wash or every other washing? More than this doesn't seem real efficient/necessary.
    You shouldn't even need to do all you suggested. Maybe DGPS 2 times, for the rest use Uber rinseless then Spritz bi weekly. You'll be super protected and shiny all year. If you want throw liquid seal every 2 months but that's overkill IMO. Good luck
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Long term review update

After about 6 weeks the coatings lost the ability to shed water almost completely. Water stopped beading and water stopped shedding. I decided to remove the coatings all together and switch to a chemical guys black light and jet sealant package instead about two weeks ago.

FINAL OVERALL RATINGS After 6 Weeks
    Polish Enhancer:
    4 of 10

Wolfgang Deep Sealant 3.0:
    4 of 10

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal:
    4 of 10

FINAL NOTES
    1. Very disappointed I never got the glow and deep reflection like my wife's car coated with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light NOR is it the glow and deep reflection of the new chemical guys black light I applied to this car after removing this coating.
    2. The life of the water shedding ability (6 weeks) was very poor.
    3. The actual water shedding ability itself from the get go was below par. Water would not fly off the car even at high speeds. Friction of top liquid seal coating appears to be too high and the water clings to it.
    4. The grill looked great in my initial post but I had water spots every time I washed unless I blew it out with an air hose. Driving around wasn't enough to make it come off due to the high friction mentioned in #3 of the liquid coating.
    5. Dust clinged to the tires and rims, making me have to wash it more than I would like. So far my chemical guys setup I switched to is much less dusty.

That's it I hope this review is beneficial! I'll be posting my chemical guys review in a few weeks after I have more testing time. However I can say at the two week mark, it's beating the Wolfgang system with a deeper mirror like glow more on par with Gtechniq, is better at dust repelling, and the water shedding is better.

Post Thanks / Like

You are comparing different products. CSL is a coating and the two WG products are sealants. Polish enhancer is a paint cleaner with no abrasives.

What shampoos have you been using?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm comparing three products actually Wolfgang, Gtechniq liquid serum light, and Chemical guys Black Light + Jet Sealant.

The sealants should be comparable, and the Wolfgang sealant should add to the gloss with a name like deep gloss, as should the liquid seal with a name like deep gloss. Misleading product title.

Polish enhancer didn't enhance my polish much applied with machine, as I stated in my first post. The Chemical Guys black light worked much better and is much more noticeable comparatively and much more like the liquid serum light glow. On an older car you might get more of a benefit, but the WG polish is fairly useless on a newer car.

Washed at a car wash mostly using the spray soap to fill a bucket, and washed with microfiber mitts, dried wi microfiber towels. Same as my wife uses for 4 months now, hers still sheds water.

Post Thanks / Like

So I was saving this for my review of the Chemical Guys stuff but I might as well post it since you are asking about them...

If you look closely you can see the difference. See how crazy reflective, shiny, and deep looking the front Fender and Hood is? (look for all the extra reflections and light curves) Those are just cleaned and stripped areas with Chemical Guys Black Light only on it. The rest of the side is Wolfgang Polish + WG Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0 + WG Deep Gloss Liquid Seal. It's probably hard to see in this tiny photo but it's quite a difference in person, and less work for better results. The WG never looked like this even from day one.

Review: Wolfgang Exterior System: Polish Enhancer, Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0, and Deep Gloss Liquid Seal-chemical-guys-wolfgang-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

And here is a rim with Chemical Guys Black Light on the black painted areas + Jet Seal on the entire rim. See how deep and reflective it is? Blows away the WG stuff and it's WAY less dusty. The WG stuff the brake dust stuck to, the Chemical Guys stuff it still sticks some but not near as much. Super sexy if you ask me.

Review: Wolfgang Exterior System: Polish Enhancer, Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0, and Deep Gloss Liquid Seal-chemical-guys-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Weird thread, one of the few people who haven't loved and had success with the Wolfgang stuff! Shame, stuff the bomb!

Good luck with Jetseal back in the day about 5 years ago it was my go to!
    Back to the full-time grind.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast