autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Flex Tool XFE 7 - 15mm Long Stroke Free Spinning Orbital Polisher

I didn't mean to sound snarky with my previous post.

I know we appreciate and thank the hard work and time that Mike Phillips invests to do professional reviews of these tools.

I suspect there are a number of reasons why Flex chose to come to market with this tool, and that this tool probably cannot be fully appreciated until a person has it in hand, and uses it.

That had I been in the market today for a free spinning DA, this would probably be on my short list of tools.

Will be interesting to see what further awaits with perhaps accessories to compliment this polisher?

Post Thanks / Like

I like the way they incorporated the counter weight. All other counter weights the weight is much more spread out because of the design. With the weight on the Flex only actually being connected in one small area (I hope people understand what I'm talking about I would have to look at a schematic to get part names) I wonder if that might help the stalling problem these machines are known to have. I guess time will tell.
    It just looks to me like the design would use centrifugal force more effectively.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    I didn't mean to sound snarky with my previous post.

I know we appreciate and thank the hard work and time that Mike Phillips invests to do professional reviews of these tools.

I suspect there are a number of reasons why Flex chose to come to market with this tool, and that this tool probably cannot be fully appreciated until a person has it in hand, and uses it.

That had I been in the market today for a free spinning DA, this would probably be on my short list of tools.

Will be interesting to see what further awaits with perhaps accessories to compliment this polisher?
    BLASPHEMY!!! You are on AGO Probation!! Another outburst like that....BLASPHEMY!!!!......LOL!! All kidding aside you brought out some good points and I know I have wrote some things on this site to where I should be banned!!

I think adding another free spinning DA is a good thing. It adds choices and I look at it as a Ford, Chevy and Dodge battle. I am a Ford Mustang guy and always will be. However, the Camaro and the Challenger makes sure that the Mustang has to keep up or get trampled. All it means are great choices.

Evan.J brought up the point that Flex is bringing out 2 DA's. The XCE is something I am more interested in. That is more what I am looking for and probably you too.

But again, I read your post and I took NO OFFENSE whatsoever. I am in agreement with you that Mike Phillips, the AGO staff and Flex are hard working dedicated professionals to make the best experience for all of us AGO users.

I am waiting for Mike Phillips write up a post about the XCE. I thank EVAN.J for pointing that out to us. Either way have an awesome day and again I took no offense to your previous post!

Peace!!!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post

Which way does it spin?
    Clockwise

As you're looking down on the tool during operation the backing plate and pad spin clockwise.

Mike Phillips

Hey guys I just read through this thread... couple of comments...

First... the good news is one word

Options

One thing I've noticed after years of teaching detailing classes and by this I mean having thousands of mostly guys coming to my classes excited to check out and use tools is that everyone is different.

Some people will like one type of tool while other people will like another type of tool. It's very apparent after the second day of my three day classes as I'll ask each student which tool they like the best and people are all over the board.

So this new addition to the Flex line is good news as now you have a new option that is VERY different from both the PE14 and the 3401.

Second... people have been asking for a free spinning orbital polisher from Flex for years.

In fact back in 2011 when Nick and I went to Germany to visit Flex we were invited to a meeting with the Flex engineers and the point of the meeting was the Flex engineers wanted to hear our ideas for new tools for the market place.

Here's the link to that thread... note the date...

Secret meeting with the Flex Engineers!

We told them that the market place, (that's detailers) wanted a more powerful option to the Porter Cable polisher. Sort of a Flex free spinning orbital polisher on steroids.

At that time they didn't like the idea and instead pushed forward with the Flex PE8

Now 4+ years later they've introduced a free spinning 15mm stroke orbital polisher built in German to Flex high quality standards.

To me this is great news!

Coke/Pepsi
    Ford/Chevy
    Toyota/Honda
    Gear driven/Free spinning

Options

Your choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Clockwise is good. At least for right handed folks like me.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay so the two new polishers will be offered alongside the 3401 and PE-14?

Each of the 4 machines catering for a different market?

3401 and PE-14 for the professional hardcore market

XFE and XCE for the casual hobbyist

If the above is true than this new offering makes alot of sense and Flex has covered all bases

Post Thanks / Like

I think XFE and XCE for both professional and enthusiastic too. I don't believe flex will target only the enthusiastic - may be I could be wrong!

Post Thanks / Like

I currently own a 3401 and it works great. I am interested in the XFE and reviews/specs once it is out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeff
    2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4

Super Member Pinpoint_Precision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this similar to the 3401 forced rotation but with a 15 throw? I know they had another model on display at Sema as well. Car looks great Mike and knowing flex, another great tool to get.
    Pinpoint Precision Auto Detailing
    Modesta Glass Coating | Suntek Ultra PPF

Http://www.pinpointprecisionautodetailing.com

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast