autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review and How-To: Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash

I'll NEVER use one bucket again, ever!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'll NEVER use one bucket again, ever!

I use one bucket, but would never use only one mitt/towel. I still can't get my head around putting dirty media into the bucket of solution. Mike P has probably forgotten more about detailing than I'll ever know, so it's a preference thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rmd View Post
    I use one bucket, but would never use only one mitt/towel. I still can't get my head around putting dirty media into the bucket of solution. Mike P has probably forgotten more about detailing than I'll ever know, so it's a preference thing.
    It's true what you said about Mike P for sure, no doubt about it but if your saying you use 1 bucket but multiple wash mitts and/or wash media then that's fine because it's basically the GD method. That said, no one can convince me that re-inserting dirty wash media into the wash media is a good idea, even if you do scrub said media on the grit guard grill, sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

It's true what you said about Mike P for sure, no doubt about it but if your saying you use 1 bucket but multiple wash mitts and/or wash media then that's fine because it's basically the GD method. That said, no one can convince me that re-inserting dirty wash media into the wash media is a good idea, even if you do scrub said media on the grit guard grill, sorry.

So what is your alternative method, if I might ask?

Post Thanks / Like

I do it 1 of 2 ways:

2BM with the Aqua sponge and always pre-treat

or...

GD method with 1 bucket, soaking the mf towels and always pre-treating.

I just don't know how anyone could put a dirty wash media into the cleaning solution bucket, scrapping it off on the grit guard and getting back to it. It makes the most sense to me to only enter the cleaning solution bucket to either A. pull out a soaking clean mf towel or the wash media cleaned in the plain water bucket #2 and that's it.

Post Thanks / Like

Its exactly the GDWM from his first videos. I pre-spray panels with the solution mixed slightly stronger than RW strength, or at WW strength if product can be used for both (have used most out there, currently using D114 with no complaints, but just ordered the WG product to check it out). Then wipe in one direction with wet green 600 gsm towels from MFT, second pass with MM 800 towels wrung out as much as possible, then drying pass with slightly dampened WW towel. Safe and easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review with great pictures.
    3 questions Mike:
    Which wash method do you use the most now days? Waterless/rinseless/traditional?

When doing a rinseless wash, do you ever incorporate claying with the wash process? Wash, clay, dry? Or you could go around the car and wash without drying, then clay using solution in a spray bottle as lube. That would eliminate a drying step.

Have you done chemical decontamination with a rinseless/waterless wash?

Post Thanks / Like

This question was asked I think but not answered , is it Coating safe as it wont effect the life span or Hydrophobic properties of coatings no matter their chemical make up ? For example , UWW+ is said to leave polymers behind that can/do /may effect the coating's sheeting ability . Its my present go to but if WG RW is coating safe , we may be changing to it ......Hope I made sense .... Thanks for the Awesome write up Mike P. Love those wheels on that Dart .

Post Thanks / Like

Review and How-To: Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash

If using this product on the WG coating, I would assume no problem. I'd always stay within the family with any coating including wash products, polishes, boosters and prep wipe down products. No exceptions. Coatings are ultra sensitive to cross products I have found despite their claims of being impenetrable or immune to everything.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    If using this product on the WG coating, I would assume no problem. I'd always stay within the family with any coating including wash products, polishes, boosters and prep wipe down products. No exceptions. Coatings are ultra sensitive to cross products I have found despite their claims of being impenetrable or immune to everything.
    I'm not questioning you per say but if a coating can last 1-5 yrs why would a competitors product hurt it? I mean it's to protect your cars finish for 1-5 years and I'd think a cleaning product would be better than what Mother Nature is going to throw at it compared to another rinseless or waterless wash could, plus those other brands are cleaning the paint, not destroying it.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast