autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review & How-To: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post

Applied Wolfgang Uber Coating to my hyper blue STi 2 weeks ago, and I just couldn't be happier with the results. Very easy to apply, and I had zero issues with high spots. Just follow the advice in this thread and you won't have any issues with this product.

The product looks fantastic too. Better than expected. This is the best LSP I've ever used...the only thing remaining to be seen is how well it holds up.

Fantastic product so far.
    Thanks for the feedback for you experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeguam View Post

Awesome job and review.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeguam View Post

Was there a before coating and after coating thickness reading?
    Nope.

Just apply and fly...

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

I had a question for you. I've applied WG coating to a few cars now and put it on the wheels of my new Tahoe that I bought. I've used DLUX in the past and had great beading on my wheels but the WG doesn't bead at all. It sheets water it seems but no beading. I prepped by washing them, Iron-x, claying, then wipe down with Carpro Eraser. Any ideas as to why it isn't beading? It beads wonderfully on the paint and glass but not on the wheels...

Thanks

BTW I love using this coating on the paint. It's the easiest I've ever used!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie335i View Post

Mike,

I've used DLUX in the past and had great beading on my wheels but the WG doesn't bead at all. It sheets water it seems but no beading.
    I'm not sure why? What type of wheels do you have?

I agree. I have some more project cars coming up that will be getting the WUPC treatment plus my class will be using it here in a few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

I had a question for you. I've applied WG coating to a few cars now and put it on the wheels of my new Tahoe that I bought. I've used DLUX in the past and had great beading on my wheels but the WG doesn't bead at all. It sheets water it seems but no beading. I prepped by washing them, Iron-x, claying, then wipe down with Carpro Eraser. Any ideas as to why it isn't beading? It beads wonderfully on the paint and glass but not on the wheels...

Thanks

If prep was the same, and it's isolated to the wheels, I would venture that it is the material or the wheels are already contaminated or you had another LSP on them that was not removed by your prep.

What material are the wheels?

After the coating has fully cured, if you thoroughly clean the wheels and beading does not return, perhaps the folks at AG may know if a particular wheel material does not accept the coating.

Final option is to try a light polish on the wheels to ensure all LSP is gone, then try to recoat them (assuming you have some coating left)
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I am really pumped about this!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    If prep was the same, and it's isolated to the wheels, I would venture that it is the material or the wheels are already contaminated or you had another LSP on them that was not removed by your prep.

What material are the wheels?

After the coating has fully cured, if you thoroughly clean the wheels and beading does not return, perhaps the folks at AG may know if a particular wheel material does not accept the coating.

Final option is to try a light polish on the wheels to ensure all LSP is gone, then try to recoat them (assuming you have some coating left)

They're standard Chevy z71 wheels. I'm guessing the dealer put something on them that I didn't get off. I didn't have much time so I just cleaned and iron-x'd them. I'll have to try on another set that I know is clean and stripped and see how the coating does.

I cleaned them the other day in between snow storms and noticed they were beading some. Not like previous wheel coatings I've done though. I'll look into it more and report back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    I'm not sure why? What type of wheels do you have?

I agree. I have some more project cars coming up that will be getting the WUPC treatment plus my class will be using it here in a few weeks.

They're Chevy Z71 wheels. I'm assuming the dealer put something on them and I didn't realize so I didn't deep clean them to remove previously applied protection. Just washed and used iron-x on them. I'll be doing a more thorough clean and seeing if beading returns. I'll also apply them to my girlfriend's Subaru wheels and see if it fares any better on those. I'll report back.

Post Thanks / Like

My new daily driver arrived this past weekend. I asked Nick for a tube of the new Uber Coating from Wolfgang. I had seen the extreme gloss in pics, but its rather incredible in person. Best part, this is the easiest coating to apply that I have ever used. Wheels, barrels, brakes, and paint. Very happy with the outcome.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on the new ride... a Regal GS? Those really are "killer wheels" and look great with the Uber treatment!
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Mike Phillips

Brand new article I'd recommend reading before starting a coating detailing project.

How many microfiber towels does it take to coat a car?

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast