autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage NEW BOSS Paint Polishing System

Quote Originally Posted by kecko View Post
    Honestly it comes down to being new technology and from your review, which I enjoyed btw, it looks like it will be a very nice machine. The other reviews are positive as well. I like the upgrades I see on this machine, even if there is some imitation going on. If I sell the GG6 now it is new and I can just get my money back. If I use it then it will be worth less and then I am paying more for the BOSS later on. If the BOSS is user friendly for newbs, which it sounds like it could be then I'd have no issues with purchasing it.

That is for the most part the main question I have, one which you could likely answer for me. Will the BOSS be practical for a person new to machine polishing?

FYI...Griots does have a 180 day return policy if you are not happy with a product. Just throwing that out there.

Customers for Life - 100% Guarantee - Griot's Garage

I have a GG6 with 5" plate and have been using the new BOSS MF pads and creams. Works AWESOME! Seems to do just as well with all my Megs MF pads too. I'm in no hurry to get a new BOSS DA until I really need a new tool.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I hear you on that but I'm down to my PC only because I need to get my flex fixed still. I'm thinking the 21 with a 5 inch then the rupes 75 for the 3. On second thought maybe I should get the 15 because once I get my flex fixed that will be my correction machine. So much options, driving me insane.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firehouse Mike View Post
    FYI...Griots does have a 180 day return policy if you are not happy with a product. Just throwing that out there.

Customers for Life - 100% Guarantee - Griot's Garage

I have a GG6 with 5" plate and have been using the new BOSS MF pads and creams. Works AWESOME! Seems to do just as well with all my Megs MF pads too. I'm in no hurry to get a new BOSS DA until I really need a new tool.

Mike
    I appreciate the information and really wished this site had a "like" option.

I decided to keep my GG6 due to the great advice I got. Will learn off this platform and once I graduate and need something better, its a good feeling to know I have some great choices to choose from in Rubes, Flex and THE BOSS. I try not to be a fanboy of anything, instead buying things I know will make my life easier and worthy of my $$$.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I belong to a secret order. We all have OCD, so you’d better believe we have order.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 808_detail_nut View Post
    I hear you on that but I'm down to my PC only because I need to get my flex fixed still. I'm thinking the 21 with a 5 inch then the rupes 75 for the 3. On second thought maybe I should get the 15 because once I get my flex fixed that will be my correction machine. So much options, driving me insane.

I have the same mindset that you do and I really like Griots. I will wait for a while to see if the come out with a long throw 3" as well.

I currently have the Flex 3401 and like it but the end to end system is really nice for a weekend guy like me. After reading Mike's book I tend to stick with systems the best I can.
    Jeff
    2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J.Kempster View Post
    I have the same mindset that you do and I really like Griots. I will wait for a while to see if the come out with a long throw 3" as well.

I currently have the Flex 3401 and like it but the end to end system is really nice for a weekend guy like me. After reading Mike's book I tend to stick with systems the best I can.

Agreed, it makes things simple. I know sometimes there are products that are better but when I find something that works I stick to it. I really like megs MF system and invested in all the parts for it. I do need to upgrade my polishers especially since my flex is out. The rupes 3 inch has a 12 mm throw and that is more than enough I think for a 3 inch pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Got mine today, can't wait to try it out. All I can say is the BOSS is a BEAST!

Just flipping the switch you can tell this is one serious DA.

The first thing I noticed is w/o the washer the backing plate spins much more freely than the Rupes 15 I have. I never did the washer mod on it so I'm going to test drive the GG21 w/o the washer installed. I also bought a 5" backing plate so I'll try it with both. One thing for sure, the throw on the GG21 is immense!

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post

The first thing I noticed is w/o the washer the backing plate spins much more freely than the Rupes 15 I have. I never did the washer mod on it so I'm going to test drive the GG21 w/o the washer installed. I also bought a 5" backing plate so I'll try it with both. One thing for sure, the throw on the GG21 is immense!

Did you get the creams and pads also? That baby looks sweet!
    Jeff
    2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4

Post Thanks / Like

No, I have an over abundance of polishes at this point, way to many to buy any more. I did buy pads and the look and feel really solid. I'm hoping to line a vehicle up in a couple weeks to give the tool a good work out.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post

Congrats!

Would love to hear your feedback once you get to use it. What do you think of the design and feel of the tool from holding it?
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I just bit the bullet and ordered me a 21. Sorry it wasn't from AG but I need to save money the best I can and found a deal for the 21 and the 5 inch backing plate for $380 shipped. I can't wait to try it out with the megs pads to see how they will hold up. I have the perfect vehicle in mind to test it out on.

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast