autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar's MT300 DA Polisher in ACTION!

The machine prolly works great with the low profile pads designed for it from Megs. "System" type things always seem to work well. I really wouldn't worry about "power" if I was in the market to buy this.

That being said, it may be just the video above - but the polisher sounds to me like it makes the most horrendous screeching sound from the motor. If it sounds like that in person, I think it would rattle my brain.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's MT300 DA Polisher in ACTION!

Quote Originally Posted by mg6045 View Post
    When I looked into it , it seems the common user experience from testers and customers who were able to demo the machine is that the pad is VERY hard, to the point of almost impossible to completely stop spinning when held flat against the surface. Another note is that the machine is very light weight and easy to move around. Im VERY happy that meguiars came out with this tool. A standard 8mm throw DA is very useful. There are areas on my cars that I go for the GG6 instead of the Rupes 15 or Duetto that I own. Especially areas like under the mirror or right up against the trim. I prefer a smaller orbit stroke for those areas. The first time I used a Rupes LHR 15 I polished underneath my side view mirror and smashed up against the bottom of it and completely removed the paint and gouged the painted plastic with the backing plate. So I quickly realized that you have to be careful and on point with the bigger throw machines in tight areas. Stuff like that never happened to me with the traditional DA's that I was used to. Just to be clear this was my own fault, not the machines. But i'm just using it as an example to make my case that the regular small stroke DA's are a bit easier to get on with and more foolproof.

anyway (sorry for the added opinion), here is the video:

take note of the video at the 55 second mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Uc3ZtGOqs
    iirc, someone on here got to demo it and sema and mentioned that it bogs down and/or lacks power under pressure (still open to more opinions though). the thing is while the mt300 is probably smoother and feels nicer (and more ergonomic), the GG6 would do the same thing in that video (keep spinning) on a flat surface as well...

Post Thanks / Like

I may have missed it but is this tool a direct drive, like the Flex? It seems reading "standard throw DA polishers" may have answered my question but I want to be sure. I own a Porter Cable, and like it, but after using a friends Flex, that direct drive was what got me excited!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rockinrandall View Post
    I may have missed it but is this tool a direct drive, like the Flex? It seems reading "standard throw DA polishers" may have answered my question but I want to be sure. I own a Porter Cable, and like it, but after using a friends Flex, that direct drive was what got me excited!
    I do not believe it is a direct drive from the description. If it was, I'm sure it would be in the marketing materials!
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rockinrandall View Post
    no, the mt300 IS NOT forced rotation...

Post Thanks / Like

Art, who make that vid is going back to Meguiars in a week or so,, iLL pm him and ask him to do another vid that is directed to some of there questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I would have to see some longer term testing. I still have a broken Megs machine with less than 12 hours on it.....
    yeah, never bought one those myself, not all of them broke I guess, Joe (Superior Shine) has one and never had a problem with it I think. I have a G100 (PC 7336) that works great.

I'd like to see the long term as well.

Meguiar's makes good stuff and I use mostly Meguiar's products.
    Aaron's the name!
    Live long and prosper Leonard Nimoy

Post Thanks / Like

WEll I will let you all know. I just ordered one tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm bringing my video camera to detail fest so Ill give some impressions if needed.
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

woah! less vibrations and more quieter than the GG 6 !? ... soo.. who wants a gg?? LOL! I could use a quieter polisher for my apartments so not everyone comes out and asks what am I doing , then jokes around about me doing their car too -__- LOL!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast