autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Review: RUPES UNO PROTECT - AIO or All-in-One with Synthetic Protection

Review: RUPES UNO PROTECT - AIO or All-in-One with Synthetic Protection

RUPES UNO PROTECT

I recently had a old 2-door Chevy here for an Alcantara LIVE Detailing Class. While it was here I tested out the new RUPES UNO PROTECT as well as the new RUPES D-A yellow foam polishing pad. This car wasn't in bad shape to start with but it did have light swirls throughout all the body panels and also the carbon fiber roof panel and hood inset.

Here's the Chevy,

Review

This is a really nice AIO. It tackled all the swirls, scratches and even light water spots in the finish of this 2015 C7 Z06 without a hitch using only a foam polishing pad. I did use the RUPES Mille for horsepower and the combination of the new contour design foam pad and the abrasive technology in the UNO Protect left a completely flawless, swirl-free high gloss and high shine finish.

Long buffing cycle - zero dusting

This is the feature ALL OF US like in our liquids or compounds, polishes and all-in-ones. Dusting is just plain messy and usually also a sing of product that have a short buffing cycle. UNO PROTECT stay liquid on the surface as long as you want to buff it, be it a few section passes to clean up nice paint or 12 or more section passes when you need more correction results.

Easy wipe-off

Another feature we all like in our paint care products is easy wipe-off. In fact, I'll bet you don't know a single person that likes products that are sticky and stubborn and hard to wipe-off. I tested wiping off immediately after buffing and also after allowing the product to dry for 10, 15 and even 20 minutes and it always wiped off super easy and streak-free.

Excellent gloss, shine and slickness

Did you see the pictures above? Silver metallic is not always the easiest color to showcase gloss and shine but the after pictures I shared above were taken with a simple iPhone and the results you see not only look amazing but look even better in person.

I've always loved RUPES abrasive technology. They get it right. They know like I know that the end results always start with the first-step process and specifically, the stuff touching the paint. You can use this product as a stand-alone AIO or use it after a more aggressive compounding and paint correction step to take your results to a higher level. If you're a RUPES fan already you'll love this product. If you're new to RUPES and/or AIOs give it a try, I'm confident you'll love it.

On Autogeek.com

All RUPES products
    (At the time of this review the new pads are not yet available - check the Autogeek RUPES store page often)

RUPES BigFoot LK 900E Mille Gear Driven Polisher

RUPES UNO Protect

Mike Phillips

Re: Review: RUPES UNO PROTECT - AIO or All-in-One with Synthetic Protection

The new RUPES pads, compounds and products are now in stock at Autogeek.

AND it's ON SALE!

The NEW RUPES PADS and PRODUCTS

Good stuff!