autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Review: BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner

Review: BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner

BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner

What is it?

An all purpose cleaner that uses natural biological enzymes to break down foreign substances making them easier to remove and in the process removing any odor.

What does it do?

Removes stains and odors

When do I use it?

Anytime you need to remove a stain and/or odor from inside your car or even inside you home.

Why should I use it?

To remove unsightly stains and foul offensive odors.

From the manufacturer

BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner

High-powered cleaning ability against interior fabric!

BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner brings you an intense cleaner that digs deep to remove set in stains and lingering odors caused by a multitude of contaminants. With its unique enzyme activated formula, BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner will eliminate stains and odors at the source. BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner is naturally derived, non-toxic and biodegradable, making it safe for you and your surfaces. BLACKFIRE Enzyme cleaner is highly concentrated with dilution ratios making a little go a long way.

Cleaning and deodorizing your fabric and upholstered surfaces have never been so simple, and so powerful, when using BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner. BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner gets those hard-to- reach stains that are caused by a variety of contaminants. Contaminants such as

• Coffee
    • Grease
    • Oil
    • Wine
    • Vomit
    • Blood
    • Feces
    • Urine

The unique enzyme activated formula uses advanced technology to break down these contaminants, similar to the metabolism in people. So, no matter what stains you may have, BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner is your one stop shop for stain removal.

With great stains, comes great odors. BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner not only rids your car of the way the stain looks, but also the way the stain smells. Just because the wine or coffee, or even the urine, stain is gone, it does not mean that the smell always goes away with. But with BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner, the odor will be eliminated for a neutral smelling car, free of any unpleasant odors.

The enzyme in BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner means that the natural enzymes don’t need to use any additional or harmful chemicals to effectively clean your fabric and upholstery. This formula is non-toxic and biodegradable, allowing you to work safely and comfortably, knowing harm won’t come to you or your surfaces from this product. This product is highly concentrated and can be diluted to last longer. Plus, BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner is easy-to-use! After testing on an inconspicuous area, spray the area to be cleaned, allow to dwell for 10-30 minutes and let it air dry. No additional tools necessary of stain-free fabric.

DIRECTIONS

1. Dilute 16 oz. of BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner with 1 gallon of water.
    2. Be sure to test an inconspicuous area of fabric for colorfastness.
    3. Liberally spray the area to be cleaned and allow to dwell.
    4. Depending on level of contamination, dwell time can be 10-30 minutes.
    5. Using a clean microfiber towel, gently rub the stain.
    6. Blot excess product away and allow to fully air dry.

My comments

Enzyme cleaners are different than all-purpose-cleaners in that they use naturally occurring protein molecules to basically attack and breakdown offending substances. It's a little more complicated than this simple explanation so if you want to dive any deeper, Google is your friend. Th BIG PICTURE is this, an enzyme cleaner works to break down stains to make them easier to extract or wipe-off while at the same time removing the scent or odor the substance had originally.

Items needed to properly dilute

Because this product comes as a concentrate, I'll start my review showing you how to properly dilute the concentrate. To do this, you'll need,

1: Clean, empty 1-gallon jug - If you run a professional detail business, either a brick-n-mortar shop or a mobile derailing business you'll need to label the 1-gallon jug with an OSHA approved label. If this is for home personal use you are not required by the government to label the container for safety reasons but you should label it in some fashion so that you and everyone else knows what it is and what safety concerns you be followed using it. For example, don't drink it.

2: Clean, empty spray bottle - If you run a professional detail business, either a brick-n-mortar shop or a mobile derailing business you'll need to label the 1-gallon jug with an OSHA approved label. If this is for home personal use you are not required by the government to label the container for safety reasons but you should label it in some fashion so that you and everyone else knows what it is and what safety concerns you be followed using it. For example, don't drink it.

3: Measuring cup

4: Clean water source

Using the product RTU or Ready to Use

For very stubborn stains or stains that have been left untreated over time - you can use this product in the concentrated form. When using straight from the concentrate, after spraying to the affected surface, place a water-dampened towel over the area to help prevent the product from drying due to evaporation. Then allow the BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner to dwell for 20 to 30 minutes before agitating and removing.

Here's what you'll need to dilute the concentrated BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner,

1. Funnel
    2. Measuring cup
    3. 1-gallon jug with lid - rinsed and clean
    4. Spray bottle and sprayer - rinsed and clean

Step 1: Pour out 16 ounces of concentrate into a graduated measuring cup.

Step 2: Pour the 16 ounces of concentrate into the clean 1-gallon jug.

Step 3: Fill up the rest of the jug with clean tap water.

Now you have 1 gallon of correctly diluted concentrate for most cleaning jobs ready to pour-off into spray bottle.

Step 4: Fill up a clean spray bottle with the diluted concentrate of BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner.

Attach and secure the spray nozzle....

Now you're ready to start cleaning all the gross stuff in your car or anything that's not gross.

How to use

For this review, I didn't have anything that was already dirty and/or gross with vomit, blood, urine or feces, or anything else. So Yancy and I had to do my least favorite style of real-world testing called mock-up.

To use this enzyme cleaner, I raided the company fridge in the break-room. I took whatever I could find that could and would get spilled in a real-world setting onto the interior of a car and then proceeded to dump it onto my 3rd road seat out of a Chrysler Town & Country Van that I use for training in my bootcamp classes.

First up - How about a little Smucker's Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream Topping?

Besides some form of chocolate substance this will likely also have some type of OIL in it - as in vegetable oil of some kind.

Next up - I found some coffee creamer in the fridge - Lord only knows what's inside this Voodoo liquid?

Me? I learned from an early age to drink pure bean juice - I don't need no stinking creamer or sugar. If you want a cup of coffee in the morning - then learn to drink coffee, not a milkshake presented as coffee. Can I get a witness?

Next up - I found someone's Chocolate Milk in the fridge, (sorry person), so I poured some into a cup and added it in.

And also just to say, Lord only knows what kind of chemicals are in this foo-foo version of cow milk?

And last but not least, some actual coffee....

Now this is something I would actually spill on my car's seats as I drove to work. Pure black bean juice

Mmm..... you want a lick?

Pouring it isn't enough - let's mix it up a little....

Ah..... now that's better....

Step 1: Spray a liberal amount of the BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner onto the affected area.

KEY ELEMENT: Allow to dwell for 10 to 30 minutes - You need to allow the enzymes do do THEIR work. Don't rush them....

For set stains, already dried stains or severe stains - agitate with a brush after wetting with the product and then allow to dwell for 10 to 30 minutes.

After allowing the enzymes to do their work - blot the product out of the surface using a clean microfiber or cotton terry cloth towel. If you have a hot water extractor, this would also be a great option to deep clean the affected area and extract the stains and the enzymes out of the material.

Allow the surface to air dry - if you have an air mover or a fan, set it up to blow over the surface to speed up the drying time.

The BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner is an effective way to remove the visual appearance of offending stains as well as the offending odors.

Review

Interestingly enough, after allowing the enzyme cleaner to dwell for about 20 minutes, the blotting out, ALL the different colors of offending stains were completely removed. I even stuck my nose down to the spot on the fabric and gave it a whiff and the only thing I could smell was the cleaner itself - which has a very refreshing scent, really nice in fact.

No one likes spills of any of the things I listed at the top of this review and especially these types of spills,

• Vomit
    • Blood
    • Feces
    • Urine

Buy hey, life happens and with kids, pet and yes, your family and friends, sometimes you need to put your Clean-up Hat on and handle the situation and for these types of clean-up projects, instead of using an all-purpose-cleaner, use an enzyme-based all-purpose-cleaner instead and remove both the stain and the odor at them same time.

Just be sure to wear gloves....

On Autogeek.com

BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner

36 Ounce Detail Bottle

This sprayer creates foam, so it's a good match for this type of product. Foam sits on top of a fabric surface instead of simply soaking into it.

Big Blaster Foamer Trigger Sprayer

This is a chemical resistant spray head and you don't need it because for this type of product but the adjustable nozzle works good for atomizing the spray.

High Output Chemical Resistant Sprayer

Here's the sprayer I used in the review - it works but the foaming sprayer is better. The 36 ounce bottle does not come with a sprayer. The adjustable nozzle on this spray head does not adjust well for atomizing the spray. It more or less just squirts.

White High Volume sprayer for 32 oz. Bottles

Mike Phillips

Re: Review: BLACKFIRE Enzyme Cleaner

New video....