autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Pinnacle Jeweling Wax - 2014 Maserati GT Sport detailed by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    For whatever my experience is worth, I used PSJW to the entire car, then did wipe off. Easy going. This was only a one step to a fairly decent paint surface.
    Nice thanks I figured this is what everyone is doing. Be nice if you could use every polish this way.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Pinnacle Jeweling Wax - 2014 Maserati GT Sport detailed by Mike Phillips

Hi Mike, I decided to go for it this weekend and use the jeweling wax and get it all done by tomorrow. I couldn't resist. I already washed my car with some strong cleaners (snow foam and PA Ultrared) and it is sitting in the garage ready to go right now.

You probably won't get a chance to answer but I'm hoping the jeweling wax can take off essence that's 9 months old? I'll do a test spot anyway.

I'll take some pics and let you guys know how it goes. I have a lot of new toys I'm about to try out. The wax, New Rupes Mark 3/15 and a sun-match light.

Post Thanks / Like

Early report, looks great, I have pics and it lived up to the hype.

Side note, I'm blown away by the mark3 15mm. It's not even the same world as my griots g15. No disrespect to griots and g15 fans I just probably don't have the technique for it.

The rupes mark 3 does not stall even on curves. Its unbelievable. It's like a duetto on steroids

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to chime in that I’m sure PSJW would remove 9 month old Essence, but didn’t want to butt in ahead of Mike... but glad you went for it. Thanks for the feedback on the Mark 3. That’s good to know.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post

Nice, So did you buff the whole car in 2' x 2' sections then remove product after the whole car was done? How many section passes did you use on the second step roughly?

I've already got the souveran jeweling wax and I think im going to use it tomorrow. Try to get the whole thing done in 1 day.

Yes.

If you let this product fully dry it will be one of the easiest - if not THE easiest products you've ever wiped off paint.

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post

For whatever my experience is worth, I used PSJW to the entire car, then did wipe off.

Easy going.

That is how I use it - apply to entire car and the wipe off. Good stuff.

Hi Mike,

You probably won't get a chance to answer but I'm hoping the jeweling wax can take off essence that's 9 months old?

I'll do a test spot anyway.

My guess would be "yes"

Mike Phillips

Sorry for the late reply - so busy when I teach these 3-day classes.

Hands-on!

7. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No problem I'm mid detail right now. I got 1/2 the car done. Great product and I'm surprised by how good the rupes 3/15 is. Its unbelievable.

Post Thanks / Like

Someone could make a ton of money if they came out with a polish that could be applied to the entire car before wipe off. What a time saver.

Mike Phillips

No problem I'm mid detail right now. I got 1/2 the car done. Great product

Our class used the Pinnacle Jeweling Wax on the 2016 Bentley Flying Spur yesterday - came out spectacular.

and I'm surprised by how good the rupes 3/15 is. Its unbelievable.

I have not been able to get a RUPES BigFoot 15 Mark III into the garage yet for my classes to use, RUPES would be well served to load me up for their benefit.

I do have ONE RUPES BigFoot 21 Mark III in the garage for the people attending our classes to use and as I shared in my review,

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Continued....

Review

I was REALLY impressed with this new updated BigFoot 21 long stroke polisher. The 21mm is my favorite and it was fun to re-visit this type of tool for buffing out an entire car and a very curvy car at that.

I don't remember EVER experience any pad stalling with this new Mark III version and most of the time I was only on speed setting 4. Normally I'm always on speed 6 with these types of tools to help with maintaining pad rotation but pad rotation just didn't seem to be a problem.

I've always LOVED buffing with the RUPES ultra soft white 7" foam pads and of course the Pinnacle Jeweling Wax is an incredible product that uses amazing abrasive technology.

If you've been waiting (for years), to take the plunge and get a RUPES BigFoot 21 long stroke, free spinning orbital polisher, this newest updated version is great.

I give it 2 thumbs up!

Review: RUPES Mark III BigFoot 21 Polisher by Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Our class used the Pinnacle Jeweling Wax on the 2016 Bentley Flying Spur yesterday - came out spectacular.

I have not been able to get a RUPES BigFoot 15 Mark III into the garage yet for my classes to use, RUPES would be well served to load me up for their benefit.

I do have ONE RUPES BigFoot 21 Mark III in the garage for the people attending our classes to use and as I shared in my review,

Review: RUPES Mark III BigFoot 21 Polisher by Mike Phillips
    The Rupes MarkIII 15mm does not even feel like a long throw tool. I can see the large orbit but it doesn't stall at all compared the my griots G15. I didn't even have to get my flex out for the larger contoured panels like I usually do. It feels like it stalls less then the duetto which doesn't stall much and has been my go to polisher lately.

I gave up and completely stopped using the G15 because it was stalling way to easy on even the slightest curve. Not saying I have great technique but I mark all my backing plates and pay close attention to rotation. I been using the duetto which is nice but the MarkIII feels like a full size tool. I can feel the power difference.

I want to buy a Mark III 21mm if its going to be this easy. I just don't really have enough car for it. I know I could get a lot done with those 7" pads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast