Review: BLACKFIRE One-Step Cleaner/Wax by Mike Phillips

This is a real-time review in that I just received the latest incarnation of this product yesterday. The beta versions I tested worked great but I think the before and after pictures below show this newest version is the new Speed Killer.

I've only used the product for one section and that was to do my Test Spot. I'll update this post later today with my final thoughts after buffing out this entire car. Until then... like the saying goes...

A picture tells a thousand words...

Here's my test car, it's an old swirled-out 2-door Chevy

In case you can't tell - this is the before shot

This is the after shot - the little dots you see are not defects - they are gold metallic flakes in the paint

This was after 8 section passes using the Griot's Garage 6" Random Orbital Polisher with a 6.5" Griot's Orange BOSS Foam Cutting Pad on speed 6

Before
This is the paint above my Test Spot. Note I've turned the overhead lights off to get rid of the their reflection on the panel. That's why you see a color change in the paint. At this point the light shining down is just the SCANGRIP Sunmatch Swirl Finder Light.

Moving down the panel towards my tape-line

On the tape line

Just past the tape line...

The middle of my test spot...

BLACKFIRE One Step

I think the soonest you can get your hands on a quart of this is the first day of SEMA - that's Tuesday, October 31 or Halloween.

Stay tuned...

On Autogeek.com

BLACKFIRE One Step 32 ounce bottle

BLACKFIRE One Step

Griot's Garage 6" ROP - Standard cord

Griots Garage 6 Inch Heavy Duty Random Orbital Polisher - HD Cord - 25' Heavy Duty Cord already pre-wired

Griots Garage BOSS 6.5 inch Orange Correcting Pads - 2 Pack