autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Makita PO5000C Orbital Polisher - Gear-driven and Free Spinning - Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by lane5515 View Post
    The Makita weighs more than the 3401 which already gives people a workout. I'm anxiously waiting for comparison tests to see if the Makita outperforms the tried and true 3401.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    I agree with you. What pisses me off is that Flex should have had the new version of the 3401 out by now instead of delaying it until 2018. What I also find funny is all the people who so lovingly bashed the 3401 will race to embrace the principle now that Rupes is selling one! I am interested to see what kind of heat is generated by the Makita when working it hard. That's still my one and only beef with the 3401 is how hot I can make it. I'd love to get my hands on the Makita and try it out! I think I would put off any purchase until I see what Flex does with their new 3401 version however.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Makita PO5000C Orbital Polisher - Gear-driven and Free Spinning - Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    What I also find funny is all the people who so lovingly bashed the 3401 will race to embrace the principle now that Rupes is selling one!
    Oh so true.

While I love my 3401, I don't prefer the counterclockwise rotation and wish it spun faster. The Makita fixes these issues, however, with a smaller stroke. According to some, will the higher RPM and OPM of the Makita/Mille, this is more important for correction than stroke length with gear driven polishers. I'm gonna pick up the Makita.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Oh so true.

While I love my 3401, I don't prefer the counterclockwise rotation and wish it spun faster. The Makita fixes these issues, however, with a smaller stroke. According to some, will the higher RPM and OPM of the Makita/Mille, this is more important for correction than stroke length with gear driven polishers. I'm gonna pick up the Makita.
    I'd really like to get my hands on one and try it for myself. I must admit that I am tempted by the Makita. I am still going to wait for the new 3401 and then compare the two.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd really like to get my hands on one and try it for myself. I must admit that I am tempted by the Makita. I am still going to wait for the new 3401 and then compare the two.
    I should have the Makita by the end of next week. I'll let you know my thoughts. I have a feeling the free spinning mode may bog down too easy, but I'm not buying it for that anyway.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I wished I lived close to you.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike
    When you used Mikita PO5000C in the forced rotation mode for polishing what speed seething was that 3 or 4. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Also I forgot to ask what type of polishing pad and product did you use for the Duster project.

I guess if you could put together full thread about this tool and pad you utilized that would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

"And there's an included allen wrench or hex head wrench to enable you to remove and replace the backing plate. This wrench along with some other plastic component was attached to the extension cord and I didn't like it on the cord so I removed both."

What is that plastic thing for? The only things I can think of is to maybe keep down abrasion on the cord or maybe they've got an apron with a place for that on one of the straps so you could hook it over your shoulder and the cord would run through it to keep the cord out of the way by taking up the slack between it and the car as you move around.

RSW

Post Thanks / Like

What I also find funny is all the people who so lovingly bashed the 3401 will race to embrace the principle now that Rupes is selling one!
    Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Oh so true.
    X3

Quote Originally Posted by lane5515 View Post
    I'm anxiously waiting for comparison tests to see if the Makita outperforms the tried and true 3401.
    with an apples to apples/oranges to oranges comparison with the same pads/liquids/passes/pressure, etc,. we can talk about stats on paper all day but this what it comes down to...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Any updates? Did any of you pull the plug on the Makita? I'm very very close to getting one.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast