autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Makita PO5000C Orbital Polisher - Gear-driven and Free Spinning - Mike Phillips

Ok, $369 - thanks Meghan and custmsprty for confirming.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Makita PO5000C Orbital Polisher - Gear-driven and Free Spinning - Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    It looks like it bogged pretty easily when Mike used it. The fact Rupes went with a 5mm orbit on their new machine really has me wondering. They could have easily went with 8mm like the 3401. Does the smaller orbit + higher OPM = faster correction??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    it's kinda like the debate where you would use the traditional pc-style DA and a long throw on the same flat surface and let them both run max at the same speed. as many said before, the long throw would have the advantage because of it's throw in which i was thinking that the shorter throw with more opm's would make up for it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    it's kinda like the debate where you would use the traditional pc-style DA and a long throw on the same flat surface and let them both run max at the same speed. as many said before, the long throw would have the advantage because of it's throw in which i was thinking that the shorter throw with more opm's would make up for it...
    I think with forced rotation, it's not the same comparison. I could be wrong.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I think with forced rotation, it's not the same comparison. I could be wrong.
    i never knew exactly why (and the adv/dis-advantages) flex decided to make the 3401 counter clockwise instead of the other way (maybe the gears could only work in that way). just do this and you'll have the basically the same thing... j/k

one thing though, makita tools are known to be of excellent quality (QC) and i'm sure this tool will just that.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys,This tool seems to be fantastic. Let me point out one thing.I own a flex 3401 and a griots 6 in. random orbital.The reason why i have both(and yes i know its more expensive)is because i use them both the flex mostly for compounding and the griots for polishing and waxing.If ever anyone dies while i'm doing a job i'm not left out in the cold.other than that i think it's a great concept.I personally would buy one and save to buy the other .

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if this polisher pulls on you like the Flex 3401.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by java View Post
    I wonder if this polisher pulls on you like the Flex 3401.
    Im sure it will on some instances, but the tool being longer and orbit being smaller it will be less prominent and more manageable
    it will be alot smoother then the flex thats forsure

from seeing videos of the po5000c and the Mille in action..it looked like mille was the smoothest...then rechecked video closer and they were only running in either speed 3.5 or 4...where as makita was most likely at full speed

side by side comparisons will eventually come though..just need to wait

Post Thanks / Like

Review: Makita PO5000C Orbital Polisher - Gear-driven and Free Spinning - Mike Phillips

My FB message to Todd Helme of Rupes...their new gear driven machine has the same orbit length as the Makita...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Need one, please take all my money...
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike,

Is the motor brushless?

Thanks,
    ScottH

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast