autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jescar Correcting Compound and Micro Finishing Polish - Top Shelf Abrasive Technology

Just Curious...I know Menzerna is part of Jesscar in the US. I have their Detail Spray and it's from Menerna. Is the Jesscar Compound/Polish combo from Menzerna? Just curious. Either way thank you for this article. As always very informative!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Jescar Correcting Compound and Micro Finishing Polish - Top Shelf Abrasive Technology

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Just Curious...I know Menzerna is part of Jesscar in the US. I have their Detail Spray and it's from Menerna. Is the Jesscar Compound/Polish combo from Menzerna? Just curious. Either way thank you for this article. As always very informative!
    Any product that has Jescar on the label is made by Jescar(formerly Menzerna USA). Jescar products are not made by Menzerna Germany. Jescar is the USA importer of Menzerna Germany products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jescar Correcting Compound and Micro Finishing Polish - Top Shelf Abrasive Technology

Menzerna Endless Shine detail spray is a Menzerna Germany made product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

I think that's where the confusion is coming from that menz is German like sonax and jescar has been it's importer.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The menzurna number on their compound proudic have always been confusing and now the their is even more confusion this company must be located close to the dark forest

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mbkite View Post
    the menzurna number on their compound proudic have always been confusing and now the their is even more confusion this company must be located close to the dark forest
    lol
    '03 Corvette Z06

Mike Phillips

Someone on Facebook posted this from Jeff Silver... hopefully this will clear up some confusion...

Quote Originally Posted by From a forum post by a Menzerna rep:

I don`t post very often but noticed this discussion so I thought I`d explain what we have done with our product line and the introduction of Jescar Finishing Products.

Jescar has been the representative and importer of Menzerna products since 1978 for the North American market. Jescar has been supplying buffing and polishing products and supplies to industrial finishing market such as furniture, musical instruments, metal finishing, and automotive beginning in 1999.

Our concentration in the guitar market led to our development of Jescar fret wire which is now the international standard for all guitar manufacturers. Our work in the automotive market began with supplying the OEM assembly plants with newly developed polishes that proved to be great performers against the major existing supplier. We entered the detailing market by introducing some of Menzerna`s OEM polish formulations, and the products were very well accepted by the detailing community.

We soon realized that having only a medium compound and a polish were too limited, so we worked with various international chemical companies to develop our own high performance products that were not available from Menzerna. The result was our Power Lock polymer sealant, followed by Paint Refresh detail spray and Color Lock carnauba wax, all sold under the MenzernaUSA brand as supplements to the core Menzerna polishing compounds.

With the success of these MenzernaUSA products and requests to expand the line further, we made the decision to rebrand the MenzernaUSA products under our Jescar company name. The result is our new brand name, Jescar Finishing Products. This decision coincided with the new Menzerna labeling program which was necessary to create an international labeling standard that did not exist before.

With the rebranding to Jescar we took the opportunity to improve the Power Lock with additional advanced polymers, and now the product is known as Power Lock Plus. Color Lock and Paint Refresh will remain the same formulations as before.

We are nearing completion of our development of additional new detailing products that will be introduce in 2016. This will expand our Jescar Finishing Products offering to provide a complete system of Menzerna polishing compounds with innovative detailing products from Jescar.

We are working on the redesign of the Jescar website which will have two major sections: Jescar products for the guitar/musical instrument market and Jescar Finishing Products for compounds and detailing products.

I hope that this explanation provides some insight into our new direction and would be glad to answer any questions about our new product lineup.

Jeff Silver
    Jescar Finishing Products
    MenzernaUSA

Mike Phillips

Just to comment....

From what I've seen over the years working in the Internet world first for Meguiar's and now for Autogeek...

Guys get excited about,

• New tools
    • New compounds
    • New waxes
    • New sealants
    • New coatings
    • New pads

All of the above are paint related.

And from experience writing reviews for all types of products, not so much excitement for all the peripheral products.

That's why I always say....

It's all about the paint -Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!!!

Regular Member steelwindmachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

You don't happen to have a side-by-side pic of the paint after the compound step vs. after the polishing step?

If you don't; in your estimation how would you quantify the measure of improvement of the correction after the compound and then to what extent did the polish improve the compounding results?

Was it something like, the compound got you 95% and the polish kicked in another 5-7%?

On this Camaro, did the combo get you to a show car level of correction, production level, etc.?

Either way, love that color and wow, that's one lucky lady (the daughter)!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast