autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: NEW Lake Country Microfiber Pads - 2 step swirl destroyer and shine maker!

Quote Originally Posted by David@LakeCountry View Post
    For the Lake Country pads the differences are -

Cutting pad uses a different microfiber material (different blend, knit and weight) In the microfiber world, they are apples and oranges in their makeup.

The cutting pad uses a dense blue foam that is very resistant to heat (as in it doesn't soften and get floppy) and dissipates heat very well.

The black finishing pad uses a much softer type of microfiber that leaves a finish that is amazing for microfiber or in general. It finishes well on most paints which hasn't been true in the past for other microfiber pads. The foam interface is also a softer black foam as well.

There was two years of testing and significant time invested in developing these pads. Even down the the diameter and everything, as we feel the minor details are what maximizes the performance.

One thing anyone who has used other pads on the market is the size and fitment of these pads on a backing plate. The have just a minimal amount of overhand to have the perfect balance
    Thanks for following up with the differences between the pads.

Was curious myself in the differences.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: NEW Lake Country Microfiber Pads - 2 step swirl destroyer and shine maker!

Excited to try these new MF cutting pads. Wondering if I can clean them "on the fly" like Mike P. taught us to do with the LC foam pads or are there better options?
    Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Is that a 5 1/4"pad on a 5 1/2" backing plate? Or do you need a smaller BP for the 5 1/4" pad?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    Excited to try these new MF cutting pads. Wondering if I can clean them "on the fly" like Mike P. taught us to do with the LC foam pads or are there better options?
    Thanks in advance!
    Compressed air works best; amazing what blows outta them and fluffs up the fibres nicely. Not sure the 'clean on the fly' method works very well with microfiber pads as the point is to remove excess polish and debris AND fluff up matted fibres.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

These pads are AWESOME, even on an 8mm random orbital. I removed swirls on hard paint with the LC MF cutting pads and a quality compound with my GG 6" DA
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David@LakeCountry View Post
    I tested these pad with a Rupes 21 for long periods of time with no failure or issues. The perform awesome, and people have been using other mf pads without a center hole for quite some time without much issues either.

There are many who do prefer a hole like yourself, and for those we are offering this type of pad in our NEW HDO (Heavy Duty Orbital) line that will be release in the next 2 weeks. These pads are designed for long throw machines, have a tapered edge and a center hole. In this line, there will be the following pads -

- HDO fiber cutting pad - difference between this item and the standard MF pad is - .25" larger in diameter (5.5 rather than 5.25) with a tapered edge for an exact size backing plate fitment. These pads will also come with a center hole.

- NEW Blue light cutting pad - this pad works awesome for many different uses
    - Orange polishing pad
    - Black finishing pad
    - red cleaner wax/AIO pad

You can see these new pad on our website and here -

All in the Details - Lake Country Newsletter Issue 8
    Tried sending you a PM but your box is full.

so I read the link you posted here at AG and have a question. I just bought 5-6 of the Light Blue Hybrid Pads along with a bunch of the newer Hybrid Force Pads and now I find out light blue ones have been discontinued and noted on your link " Because of this, we feel two of our current pad lines fall short of our high expectations. Those pad lines and part numbers are listed below. These products will no longer be available by Lake Country."

is there a possibility that I can exchange or replace them with the current preferred version of a light cutting pad? I just feel like I got robbed buying the old ones now.

Thanks for the consideration.

Tim
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Regular Member David at LC Pads's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tim, Sorry for the delay and issue with the PM. I just sent you a message.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by antti@561detailing View Post
    I was able to test LC Cutting pads...we used m205 and Rupes 15 machines on hard paint...these pads are simply awesome. And finished off perfect. Haven't tried finishing pads yet.
    But cutting pads are totally awesome. We really put them thru some abuse, and they held up just fine, with no problems at all.
    Also before LC MF finishing pads, there were MEq finishing pads...and I did have good luck with them finishing even soft paints. Can't wait to try LC finishing pads.

You can't go wrong.
    Thanks for the feedback, and I 'm glad you liked them. I think you will like the finishing pads a lot! Or I hope

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    David I will be testing out the new MF pads you sent me this weekend on a "rough" Volvo. I will write a review once I am done.

ScottH
    Awesome Scott! Look forward to seeing them!

Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    Thanks in advance!
    BudgetPlan1 had a good suggestion. You can clean on the fly using a towel, but I would suggest to have a brush also to help keep the fibers loose and prevent them from matting down. Using a system 3000 pad washer works well, or a tornador blow gun (with compressed air) is a great way to clean and fluff the fibers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 58LesPaul View Post
    Is that a 5 1/4"pad on a 5 1/2" backing plate? Or do you need a smaller BP for the 5 1/4" pad?
    The pads are 5.25 and 6.25 and will fit all standard 5" backing plates (some may measure 4-7/8")

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Compressed air works best; amazing what blows outta them and fluffs up the fibers nicely. Not sure the 'clean on the fly' method works very well with microfiber pads as the point is to remove excess polish and debris AND fluff up matted fibers.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    These pads are AWESOME, even on an 8mm random orbital. I removed swirls on hard paint with the LC MF cutting pads and a quality compound with my GG 6" DA
    Thanks for the great feedback! Glad everyone is enjoying the pads and they are performing well!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone compared these against megs and bns mg pads? One pro detailer that i know said that megs cuts better and that these delaminate easily.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast