autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review and How-to: Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax

Very nice review Mike! This new spray wax seems like the real deal. Im sure it is an amazing product when used to maintain Fuzion. Oh how I love that wax.

Thanks for sharing.

What's even more interesting... (taken from the AG site)
    You see, what prevented Wolfgang Car Care from manufacturing a Fuzion Spray Wax all along was the ability, or lack thereof, to “bind” these two ingredients to create a workable, spray-on car wax. One day, while traveling across Europe, I met a chemist that let me voice my frustrations. He accepted the challenge and shortly after Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax was born.

Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax is as unique as they come. At the heart of Fuzion Spray Wax is the second generation of German Super Polymers. The mile-deep reflections and shimmering liquid gloss wouldn’t be possible without Brazilian Carnauba Wax, which is a prime ingredient as well. The proprietary blending process for this formula calls for such stringent tolerances that it had to be manufactured in the heart of Germany.

Post Thanks / Like

Curious as to if this can 'replace' the Fuzion paste wax, which will likely open up new users to the 'Fuzion Experience' at a lower price point or is it to supplement/refresh the Fuzion paste application? Or is it a quicker/cheaper road to Fuzion-ville but with less longevity?

If I already have the Fuzion paste, which is delightfully easy and quick to use, would this product be somewhat redundant?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Curious as to if this can 'replace' the Fuzion paste wax, which will likely open up new users to the 'Fuzion Experience' at a lower price point or is it to supplement/refresh the Fuzion paste application? Or is it a quicker/cheaper road to Fuzion-ville but with less longevity?

If I already have the Fuzion paste, which is delightfully easy and quick to use, would this product be somewhat redundant?
    Im gonna go out on the limb and say no spray wax will replace a paste wax. You could use a spray wax as a standalone product but don't expect it to be a replacement for paste wax.

This one I'm sure will compliment, refresh, add to the beauty of Fuzion.

Nothing redundant about it especially if the vehicle is wearing Fuzion. Wash it with the traditional Wolfgang soap, the waterless wash/Rinseless wash, and top it of with an application of this new Fuzion Spray wax.

I haven't used this wax to form my conclusion. Only going by what experience with other products tells me.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, welcome to AutoGeekOnline!

Quote Originally Posted by patioclark View Post
    Hey Mike, what are your thoughts about this over Uber Ceramic? I'm looking for a deeper shine after washing.
    I'm not "The Mike" but would like to weigh in. Taken from the first page.
    So I borrowed my buddy Byron's 2007 Mercedes-Benz AMG SL550 to do some product testing including this new spray wax. My co-worker Andre had recently detailed the outside of this Mercedes-Benz including machine polishing and then applying Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating
    I would say this would be the ideal product to add to the shine of a vehicle coated with Uber Ceramic. I would wash it with either the traditional Wolfgang soap and 2 bucket method or use the Wolfgang Rinseless wash and then add in the Fuzion spray wax either after the vehicle has been dried as a "topper" or use it as a drying aide.

If you are after outright looks, shine, depth, gloss, etc. Im sure this product will deliver what you are after.

Just remember that when you top the coating with a spray wax or paste wax etc, the beading, sheeting, behavior of the paint becomes that of the LSP. In this case the Fuzion spray wax that was used on top.

I'm sure "The Mike" will weigh in.

Mike Phillips

Times like these I really appreciate the multi-quote feature in vBulletin, (something you don't get with Facebook), and the ability to switch between code view and WYSIWYG view.

Let me take a stab at the below before I start processing pictures from last night's Extreme Makeover.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffM View Post

Works on trim ok?
    If by the word TRIM you mean plastic, vinyl or rubber trim?

My answer is I don't know because I didn't spray the wax on any of these types of surfaces and as a normal best practice I don't spray or in any other way apply wax to these surfaces EVEN if the products says it's safe to do so.

I could find someone else's car and purposefully spray this wax on their trim and see what happens but moving forward I would never do this as a practice in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by brettS4 View Post

So this is the Big Thing that Nick was teasing us about? Looks great! And so much easier to use than that horrible Fuzion paste wax.
    Speaking of Fuzion it's been about 6 years since we machine polished this old 2-door Ford and my guess is there's a LOT of new people on this forum that have never seen what Fuzion can do to create that true show car look.

So here's a BLAST FROM THE PAST

Blown 1934 Ford Pick-up - Show Car Makeover - Modeled by Kristin

Oh yeah...

Blown bad boy...

To get these kinds of results we machine polished this using Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish

The full write-up for how we tackled this project can be found here

Blown 1934 Ford Pick-up - Show Car Makeover - Modeled by Kristin

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post

I cant wait to get my hands on this stuff. Its true that most spray waxes are very thin and go on mostly clear and basically disappear right away. Seeing this is leaving something behind that requires wiping is different. While I am sure this product is NOTHING like Meguiars NXT Spray wax, it reminds me of it in the sense it left a haze.

As the guy that wrote the original how-to article on how to use NXT Spray Wax and probably the only guy to write any articles on how to use spray waxes, I can assure you this product is nothing like NXT Spray Wax.

It's VERY WAXY

Quote Originally Posted by psychout777 View Post

Anxiously awaiting some real world reviews.

I love Fuzion (paste) and haven't found a spray wax worth my time, yet.
    If you're looking for a spray wax that actually acts like real wax then you'll love this product.

Quote Originally Posted by patioclark View Post

Hey Mike, what are your thoughts about this over Uber Ceramic?

I'm looking for a deeper shine after washing. Thanks for all of your reviews and work here man.

Normally I don't use and don't recommend applying most product to a coated surface because you lose the benefits and features of the coating. For those that might be new to detailing, the way this works is when you apply SOMETHING over the top of your coated paint you now get the benefits and features of the SOMETHING not the coating. The big idea behind applying a coating to your car's paint is to get the benefits and features of the coating. I have articles on this top all over the place but I explain this in my recent article on how to wash a coated car here,

How to wash a coated car - The Gentle Approach for Washing a Car by Mike Phillips

I think I explained this in my review, (the first post in this thread), but regardless, here's the deal.

A spray wax is for paint in EXCELLENT CONDITION. A spray wax is NOT for neglected paint. Makes sense?

For my review - I NEEDED a car with paint in EXCELLENT CONDITION. I used the Mercedes NOT because it was coated but because the paint was in EXCELLENT CONDITION.

NORMALLY I would not apply a spray wax to a coated car.

Question: Did the Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax work on the coated paint?

Answer: YES! There's nothing wrong with using a spray wax on a coated car it's just now you get the benefits and features of the wax not the coating UNTIL the wax wears off then you're back to the benefits and features of the coating. This is REAL nitpicking, anal retentive type stuff so don't get too caught up in nothing.

Big picture
    Whether you have a waxed car, a car with a synthetic paint sealant or a coating, (the three categories of product you can use to seal and protect the paint), it doesn't matter as this spray wax will work on all these paint protections products.

Quote Originally Posted by LaFawnduh View Post

Mike - how does this compare to Blackfire Midnight Sun spray wax?
    It's VERY DIFFERENT.

And for the record, I really like the BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Spray Wax and used it just last weekend at 6:30am in the morning to wax my Silverado before our Cars & Coffee car show. The idea being to make the paint LOOK GREAT!

Paul captured the back fender at last weekend's Cars & Coffee car show

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...rs-coffee.html

The BLACKFIRE spray wax is like most spray waxes it's very thin except it actually creates a clear, high gloss finish and as I pointed out in my original review of the BLACKFIRE spray wax it makes the paint VERY SLICK and SLIPPERY, much slicker than the Wolfgang spray wax. But the Wolfgang product is a lot closer to applying a real coat of wax.

To know and understand the differences a person really needs to get both and use them. Here's my review of the BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun spray wax.

Review - NEW BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Carnauba Spray Wax!

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post

I'd say "no".

I don't think anything can replace Fuzion. This would be a great follow-up to Fuzion but not a replacement.

Great questions everyone, thank you for asking them.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike.....newbie question....I've seen spray wax used as a drying aid....is it safe to say that this product is 'too waxy' to be used as a drying aid?

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Mike.....newbie question....I've seen spray wax used as a drying aid....is it safe to say that this product is 'too waxy' to be used as a drying aid?
    This product absolutely can be used in the drying process. If desired.

Mike Phillips

Let me see if I can answer your questions or pehaps... I already did?

Quote Originally Posted by shadwell View Post

A few do's and don't

From the first post in this thread, (my post and my review and how-to information) I think you could call these "dos" and the opposite of what I wrote would be the "don'ts"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips

Step 1: Work on a cool clean surface in the shade.

Before you can use a spray-on wax the paint needs to be clean first. In this example I washed the car using McKee's Waterless Wash on the Go to remove loose dirt.

Step 2: SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE

This is important because this is the real deal. You want to shake the bottle really well before use to make sure all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed together before you start spraying.

Step 3: Spray the wax directly onto the paint and then spread it out evenly using a clean microfiber towel.

requirements for best results would be good..

Um.... I think I covered this one in detail...

A spray wax is for paint in EXCELLENT condition. I point this out because years and years ago there was a person that made a big stink about how a popular brand of spray wax didn't work on their car. They forgot to mention they had not performed ANY regular maintenance to the paint for years. Normal things like claying, polishing and regular waxing. So when they used this popular brand of spray wax and it didn't work it wasn't the waxes fault it was user error because a spray wax is NOT a cleaner/wax which is what the paint on this person's car needed.

A spray ax is for maintaining a finish ALREADY in EXCELLENT condition. The paint on this 2007 Mercedes-Benz AMG SL 550 is in excellent condition. So regardless of whether or not it has a paint coating on it, the paint is clean, smooth and in like-new condition and this is the condition paint is supposed to be in if you want to use a spray-on wax.

eg:- cool panels, not in direct sunlight,

Covered this in Step 1

Step 1: Work on a cool clean surface in the shade.

Before you can use a spray-on wax the paint needs to be clean first. In this example I washed the car using McKee's Waterless Wash on the Go to remove loose dirt.

performance before and after for water shedding (folks love that it seems),
    I didn't wash the car after waxing it. So I don't know. I normally don't wash a car after I wax it though.

For the record, I don't really like using spray waxes for drying aids. Why? Because when you spray a wax or a LOT of product onto the water that is standing on the paint after rinsing, it breaks the surface tension and causes the water to run off the car and take with it the stuff you just sprayed onto it. Kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion and also take the stuff your spraying onto the paint into cracks and crevices where I don't want stuff like spray on wax.

I pointed this out in 2006 to Meguiar's when they wanted to tout their spray wax could be used like Eagle 1 Wax-as-U-Dry. That was 10 years ago and I stick by my opinion today as I stood by it back then. Here's what works best. Simply DRY THE CAR and then spray on a wax and wipe it off.

I get the idea of saving a step but I don't agree it works better than doing 2 steps. If I thought combining steps did a better job I'd do it and recommend it but I don't.

and some information re durability relative to to similar products.. eg Souveran spray wax.. Optimum car Wax.. and a million others i guess)..

Cheers..
    Hmm.... it's brand new. This Mercedes was the first time I used it. As for durability I think this is a non-issue. This goes back to the Oil Change Analogy I shared in the forum world about 10 years ago and the short version of that analogy,which was originally posted to MeguiarsOnline is that instead of trying to go as long as possible before applying something to your car's paint, re-wax it BEFORE its needed. Kind of like an oil change. We don't change the oil in our cars when we here the rods knocking. We change the oil before it's worn out so the rods don't ever knock.

Hope that helps....

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post

Kind of just addressed this in my reply to Shadwell.

My experience using waxes as drying aids is when you spray a liquefied wax onto water that is BEADING up on your car's paint is the wax breaks the surface tension causing the water to bead up and the causes the water to run off the car.

That helps to get the water off the car but it takes the wax with it. Now you don't have wax where you want it (on the paint), and now you have wax where you don't want it, in cracks and crevices where the water flowed to.

That's just my take but each person can do what works best for them.

If you want a high quality spray wax, AND the paint on your car is in EXCELLENT condition, then this would be a great choice for you and your car.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you....this one looks like a good candidate for my wish list

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast