autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical Guys Products?

Quote Originally Posted by tenblade2001 View Post
    I have some Chinese, 70/30 480 or 500 gsm towels and I've been happy with them. So I'm not knocking Chinese towels, I'm knocking over hyped towels that over promise and under deliver.
    I have Chinese towels I actually like quite a bit too, I just really like my Koreans, even if they cost a little bit more.

I definitely agree with you about the hype thing, too...it's just obnoxious at this point and not really educational in the slightest from those guys.
    Crack jokes, not bones. (Unless that's what you're into )

Post Thanks / Like

It's just like any else, you pick the cherries and you move on. I own several of their products, but I also shop from several online stores, just as you do. I'm not looking to buy product X from store A if I can get better our equal elsewhere else. I do like their videos, filtered with a grain of salt. You know what, the "sale" is gonna get me every time on a new product, without question.

Peace,

Darrin

Post Thanks / Like

I got 30 of the red Happy Ending when they came out at a good price. They seem ~470 and are actually pretty nice. I had to wash them twice though, the color bleeds and they lint at first.

Fairly certain stocktowelsnow has the same ones for slightly cheaper now though.

Post Thanks / Like

The MF towels are GARBAGE. I'm just mad it took so long for me to find better ones.
    I'm not sure which of their towels you had a bad experience with, but I have to disagree with such a blanket statement. Like any company, there are going to be good and bad products; for example, I recently purchased 12 of their "Professional Grade Premium Microfiber Towels" (MIC 501) for just over $15 from another online retailer. Of course they don't compare to my TRC Eagles, but for the price, they make a great "general purpose" towel, and are very similar to other "gold" towels. Now CC's so-called "Monster" edgeless towels...yeah, for the price they charge, they suck.

I do agree with you, in that their marketing plan (if there is one) is horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    all or most all those towels from cg's can be found for less at stocktowelsnowdotcom...
    Thanks for that tip, Visitor. I never heard of that company before, and do they have a few towels as you mentioned, that are dead ringers for some CC offerings. Have you ever purchased any of their towels, and if so, can you comment on the quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Souldetailer View Post
    It's just like any else, you pick the cherries and you move on. I own several of their products, but I also shop from several online stores, just as you do. I'm not looking to buy product X from store A if I can get better our equal elsewhere else. I do like their videos, filtered with a grain of salt. You know what, the "sale" is gonna get me every time on a new product, without question.

Peace,

Darrin
    Spot on Souldetailer....I never understood (blind) brand loyalty. Every company has similar products, so it's up to us as individuals to find the ones that best fit our purpose.

As for the CC videos, I found the few that I watched were pretty cheesy.

Post Thanks / Like

Really? b/c the "workhorse", "professional grade", and the other (something with a cool adjective in the name) are all Chinese and no gsm rating. There's no mention of gsm rating or country of origin in the "Happy Ending" description. OOOOOOH, but they are "specially cut with industrial lasers" WOW
    I had placed an order about 2 weeks ago and I noticed the towels. Since then the website has a whole new look and is missing info. Then again I could be completely off base.

I suppose if someone orders them they can do a comparison.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklin View Post
    Considering I have a lot of the 70/30 Korean Edgeless from TRC and the 80/20 Korean Edgeless from MFT, these new CG towels look similar and they do say that they are a 70/30 blend. Still not sure what the GSM is, though, as CG never seems to list that info.

What they don't state anywhere on the product page is whether they're made in Korea or somewhere else, and considering I've been buying these other Korean edgeless for years and both places have the lowest prices around, I really don't think CG, a detailing products company, is going to come in and undercut those other two when their entire job is just to sell towels at low prices.

Basically, what I'm getting at is this Happy Ending towel has to be Chinese for the pricing to make sense...CG has to get their margin in somehow.

Plus, I saw a couple days ago that TRC did a price drop on everything in their store, so for my quality Korean stuff I'm still going to stick with them and MFT no matter how much CG tries to hype a towel.

For those who don't know, it is possible to get 70/30 blend from China, it's just extremely uncommon, but if you check MFT's site they've got some.

The only thing that scares me about these fluffier towels is you can get something stuck in it and never notice it. I had a small wooden splinter in a thicker towel which I couldnt see and barely feel. Ever since them Ive been skittish.

Most of my towels are the yellow and blue CG workhorse towels. They have a soft short nap and nothing can hide in em! Only drawback is you have to rip the tag out but they are plenty soft (just not fluffy)

Post Thanks / Like

@Souldetailer- never said all their products suck...just their towels. I have several of their products that I am extremely loyal to and recommend.
    @ Forceofwill- I'll bet you could have purchased better quality towels for the or cheaper on either MFT or TRC AND you would know exactly what you are getting..no "seems 470". It could seem to be a "470 and really be a fluffy 360 or 400. They don't tell.
    @Ravenhawk- I can make the blanket statement b/c I've purchased a bunch of their over priced towels before I knew any better. Their "professional grade" is a good wheels/ exhaust..non-paint towel and I'd purchase them for a dollar/towel..not the $3/towel I paid.

If you want to use an unknown on your paint..do it. I can't, in good faith, recommend them.

Post Thanks / Like

They (CG) have finally upgraded their site, at least where my iPad is concerned. Their towels are as good as any I have used based on the sale price, and who doesn't wait for a sale? My problem with them is shipping time. They promise 7-10 day, my last order took 16 days to arrive. I contacted them and got no reply. It will be my last order from them.

Post Thanks / Like

@Ravenhawk- I can make the blanket statement b/c I've purchased a bunch of their over priced towels before I knew any better. Their "professional grade" is a good wheels/ exhaust..non-paint towel and I'd purchase them for a dollar/towel..not the $3/towel I paid.

If you want to use an unknown on your paint..do it. I can't, in good faith, recommend them.
    From reading your replies, it appears that your position is:

1. Since you have purchased "a bunch of their over priced towels", it has made you confident enough to pass judgement on their entire line of towels,
    2. Their entire line of towels is garbage, for no reasons, other than they use too many adjectives and you couldn't find the GSM for the towels you purchased, and
    3. The particular towels I mentioned (Professional Grade Premium Microfiber Towels - MIC 501) should never be used on paint.

Anything else I'm missing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    i saw they offer "Happy Ending" towels...
    initial impression was cinderalla, and they live happily ever after...
    nice name
    They have them beside the 5 Dolla Boom Boom towels?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast