autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

LC Green vs White

After looking at various comparison charts *and* reading AGO posts, I am still unclear as to which pads have (slightly?) more cut....LC Green or LC White.

Anybody know for sure?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: LC Green vs White

White IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by szjalo View Post
    White IMO
    green is a go to for your AIO's, but white is as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Country shows the green pad as slightly more aggressive than the white pad.

http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/applic...tion-guide.pdf

The application selector URL shows Green Heavy Polishing Pad for Very fine scratches.

Buffing & Polishing Application Guide | Lake Country Manufacturing

This depends on what product you are putting on the pad.

If you are using something like PB ProPolish, the green pad will work the surface more than a white pad.
    If you are using PB SSR2.5, you can use either green or white, depending on the defect being removed. If you are using SSR1 or SSR2, the recommendation from PB's is that you only use a black or red pad with this ( to get the finish ready for glaze or LSP ). Comes down to what the product manufacture recommendation is.

I have 2 LC VC 7.5" & 2 LC CCS 6.5' green pads just in case, but I do not use them too often. I did find out that the 7.5" VC pad is much better than the CCS pad. The more I use the CCS pads, the more I do not care for them.
    I'd rather work a white pad and product a bit longer, as it makes going to the next step easier with the products I am using. If go with a green, that makes working the surface with a black pad a bit longer in my book.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! I knew about the first chart, but not the second. So, green has just a bit more cut than white and is a good choice for AIO application. Referring to products I currently have, using Green with my Menzerna Power Finish and White with Super Finish may be a good bet.

Would you experts agree?

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, there are two different green CCS pads from LC. I believe the Green CCS LC pad AG sells is softer than the white pad. Other online vendors offer a Green CCS LC pad that is heavier than the white pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    Actually, there are two different green CCS pads from LC. I believe the Green CCS LC pad AG sells is softer than the white pad. Other online vendors offer a Green CCS LC pad that is heavier than the white pad.
    I have to be honest and say I got the pads from another vendor - before I learned of AG, of course, so think my green is the harder one.

Tx for the tip.

Post Thanks / Like

We do offer 2 greens. A soft and a coarse. The coarse is more aggressive than the white, and the soft is less aggressive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pad Man View Post
    We do offer 2 greens. A soft and a coarse. The coarse is more aggressive than the white, and the soft is less aggressive.
    Is there a way to ID which is which ?
    - I have the CCS constant pressure pads, and they are not that impressive to me so i would guess they are the softer ones
    - They are from Classic motoring accessories / Proper Auto Care back 2+ years ago ( screened with their logo on the back ).
    Part number on the back looks like CCS-65GRN.
    Maybe I should not try to recall if these were real LC pads ( I seem to recall they were, way back I went 100% LC on foam pads ).

The 7.5" LC VC pads I have feel coarse compared to the White 7.5" LC VC pads I have.
    These will do some work on paint.
    I don't think I would use this for an AIO ( unless they are the softer ones )
    I break out the 7.5" LC VC pads when I need to do some serious work, just shy of orange, with PB ProPolish. I follow up with either direct to a black pad or I might stop at white, depending on how the clear coat reacts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast