I use a combination of my PC & rotary to buff. There are times where I feel the PC works better and other times where my rotary is the only thing that helps me get home from the shop before 3am.

I've recently gone to war with my PC. Only my thin microfiber pads will spin and oscillate. I'm using my 5" backing plate with lake country pads and it seems once I've washed the pads, they lose their true round and the PC just can't handle it. The microfiber pads can morph into any shape and still spin properly.

But I have not had any luck with finishing down using MF. it just takes too long and under halogen lighting I see an unacceptable amount of marring.

What is my solution for foam pads for my PC? I love using the hexagon style pads for cutting, in my experience they cut better and faster than any combination I've tried with a rotary. I am having a hard time finding a finishing pad that will still spin after using it for 10 minutes.

I've recently taken on a massive contract that could keep me busy for years. I don't have time to be cursing at my PC anymore.