autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

best polish for gettin swirls out??

i am a noob at detailing a car but i kinda know what i am doin i just never use a PC, so i am gonna get a 7424 with a couple pads, but my question is which is the best polish for gettin the swirls out, i was think about get XMT 2 and 1, but i am open for any suggestions thanks
    (i just noticed i put this in the wrong forum)
    Last edited by dbrufus1234; 09-05-2007 at 02:20 PM. Reason: was put in wrong forum

Post Thanks / Like
    got any pics of the swirls ur tryna get out?

Ive used ssr 2, 2.5 3
    and finally upgraded to 106ff (which is still in the air right now probably)

but dependoing on the severty of ur swirls and what kinda car your doin and waht pads...any of those are good

also might want to look into any other Menzerna and XMT4 products...goodluck

ive had great success with ssr, enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, how many times has this been posted (once or twice by me )...

Pretty much what you can expect to hear is... everyone's favorite line of polishes (Menz, XMT, etc.) and some really good advice telling you that there's no right answer.

It will all depend on the hardness of the paint, the severity of the swirls, your skill at polishing, your choice of pad, and of course whether a butterfly flaps it's wings in Central America at just the right or wrong time...

I'd recommend getting several different strengths of polishes and few different pads. I started with XMT1 and XMT3, the XMT1 really doesnt' do much for swirls at all but will shine things up nicely.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the Optimum line, Menzerna would be the only line edging Optimum out for 1st place IMO, but opinions are like a$$holes, everyones' got one . Post pics of your swirls as that will help, XMT 2 may not be strong enough depending on if its a harder clear coat vehicle and if swirls are bad. Post pics and we can help point you in the right direction.
    Last edited by Surfer; 09-05-2007 at 02:31 PM.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    iight i get some pic up soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Menzerna, Optimum, XMT and SSR's are all great polishes, the consideration is truly yours.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with everyone here, everyone has a personal preference. My favorite polish is Menzerna, it keeps blowing me away every time I use it. But again that's just my opnion.

Post Thanks / Like
    And just to ad, swirls removal also depends on your cars paint (aka how hard it is)....

Orange pad and XMT 1 did great on black bimmer, but didnt do s##t on a black Audi...

The XMT series works very well with the PC.. as you say your new to the game and that may be your best shoot..

Menzerna is great too, but imo its superior when it comes to the rotary, it do work with the PC, but it takes you longer working time..
    EVOIX

Post Thanks / Like
    here are some pics of my swirls, they look pretty bad to me, i didnt even think they where that bad, and i also added a pic of a bird crap etching or something, and let me know if i can get it out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails best polish for gettin swirls out??-p1000124-jpg   best polish for gettin swirls out??-p1000112-jpg   best polish for gettin swirls out??-p1000123-jpg   best polish for gettin swirls out??-p1000121-jpg   best polish for gettin swirls out??-p1000114-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah...looks pretty typical. You should be able to knock those out. What kind of car is it? Looks like a mustang.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast