autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars MT300 Impressions @ Detail Fest

Hello all,

I wanted to give my impressions of the new Meguiar's MT300 DA polisher here at Detail Fest 2015.

I am in the market for another buffing system. I still have my venerable 7336 PC and FLEX VVB rotary polishers. (I know..)

How it feels: I think this is very important for any tool in how it fits in your hand. When a tool fits well, you feel good about using it. The MT300 felt great in my hands whether using the handle or wrapping my hand on the head of the polisher and my left by the trigger.

How it operates: Butter. I think that with this polisher, it is really tuned to the Meguiar's system. It has a one piece counterweight that is made to counter the Meguiar's backing plate and 5" foam disks. It does this very well. If you're new or experienced, I believe that this system offers great results without any product hunting. After some general hood abuse, the simple coded Megs pads with 205 broke it out.

Final Word: I think again, overall this is made to be in a system. It works quite well with the Megs plate, pad, and product. It is capable of a good deal of defect removal for a DA and if I was new, I believe this system WOULD instill confidence.

Compared to my PC, this is just so much nicer.
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars MT300 Impressions @ Detail Fest

I just used the MT300 on on my wifes car and I like it. I had a Griots but decided to get another DA and chose this. Its lighter and after I got used to trigger away I went...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    I just used the MT300 on on my wifes car and I like it. I had a Griots but decided to get another DA and chose this. Its lighter and after I got used to trigger away I went...
    Thanks for feedback sir
    MT300 sure look nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Yes! The trigger is another benefit!
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

How is the power on concave surfaces?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars MT300 Impressions @ Detail Fest

Quote Originally Posted by ZL1 Mark View Post
    How is the power on concave surfaces?

I had a chance to try this thing. It was OK. I used it on a hood of a Mopar they had there (rental). It was powerful enough, but the pad did want to stop spinning on a concave area around the edges. To be fair, I think I was using it only ~ 75% speed.

It's a nice machine for sure. It feels well balanced. It didn't impress me as being super smooth like a Rupes, but was smoother than other PC type machines. Coming from a Rupes, the motor felt traditionally "buzzy" like other DA style machines made in China.

The new thin Megs DA pads are nice. I watched a presentation they did and the mentioned how the maroon pad is a completely new foam that has more cut and better finishing.

This is probably a great system for most people. Only thing I really don't like about the "system", is M10x dusts a bit too much for me & M205 may not finish easily perfectly on every paint. But the system as a whole looks excellent, but IMHO it's not up there with the Rupes or the 3401.

It's quite versatile with a bunch of good pads, BPs, and sizes. Prolly the best buy out there to get the job done as a system.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I had a chance to try this thing. It was OK. I used it on a hood of a Mopar they had there (rental). It was powerful enough, but the pad did want to stop spinning on a concave area around the edges. To be fair, I think I was using it only ~ 75% speed.

It's a nice machine for sure. It feels well balanced. It didn't impress me as being super smooth like a Rupes, but was smoother than other PC type machines. Coming from a Rupes, the motor felt traditionally "buzzy" like other DA style machines made in China.

The new thin Megs DA pads are nice. I watched a presentation they did and the mentioned how the maroon pad is a completely new foam that has more cut and better finishing.

This is probably a great system for most people. Only thing I really don't like about the "system", is M10x dusts a bit too much for me & M205 may not finish easily perfectly on every paint. But the system as a whole looks excellent, but IMHO it's not up there with the Rupes or the 3401.

It's quite versatile with a bunch of good pads, BPs, and sizes. Prolly the best buy out there to get the job done as a system.
    Thanks. I value your opinion.

As a side note, I agree 100% on M205.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post

thanks for the honest feedback...

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see this polisher being more capable than the GG 6".
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZL1 Mark View Post
    I don't see this polisher being more capable than the GG 6".
    if it isn't, I can live with the fact that the GG6 isn't as ergonomic or as comfortable to use as the MT300, which isn't a big deal to me...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast