autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CM8 6MT View Post
    Its not so much that the BP doesnt hold on the pad, its more of a HEAT transfer issue. Some cheaper BP brands will overheat the foam pads backing far easier than other brands due to the style and material used in the hook & loop system.

Theoretically it makes sense. But, I still feel when people are cooking pads and melting BPs it's user error. I have BnS, LC, Griots, & Rupes plates on various machines and have used most brands of pads made made interchangeably and have never cooked a single pad or plate.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Brand 3" Backing Plate?

That's a lot of good info. Thanks everyone!

I think for now I'll order the pads I want to try out, and just get 1 backing plate for each size I need. If the hook & loop becomes an issue then I'll try matching brands. I don't want to spend the extra cash up front if I don't have to.

Post Thanks / Like

I would highly recommend Buff and Shine backing plates and pads. There's been numerous complaints about Lake Country and their lack of customer support.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymoususer View Post
    I would highly recommend Buff and Shine backing plates and pads. There's been numerous complaints about Lake Country and their lack of customer support.

I agree with you on the pads, but the BPs have been good for me & AG stocks them.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 3 inch BnS plate come apart on my with my G110v2 running a Meg's 3" mf pad.

They are not without fault either.

Post Thanks / Like

I am unaware of these circumstances. We try our best and bend over backwards to provide the best customer support possible.

If you ever have a problem with our product - please contact us here at Lake Country.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pad Man View Post
    I am unaware of these circumstances. We try our best and bend over backwards to provide the best customer support possible.

If you ever have a problem with our product - please contact us here at Lake Country.
    You can start by following up with the other threads on negative experiences with Lake Country. Just do a search.

I've actually had an overall a positive experience with Lake Country though i feel my Flat Foam pads may have failed a little prematurely. However in this day and age of customer service and online reviews, i'm very concerned with what i've read so far and thats why i already started to switch to Buff and Shine.

Regular Member David at LC Pads's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Theoretically it makes sense. But, I still feel when people are cooking pads and melting BPs it's user error. I have BnS, LC, Griots, & Rupes plates on various machines and have used most brands of pads made made interchangeably and have never cooked a single pad or plate.
    with that statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    I had a 3 inch BnS plate come apart on my with my G110v2 running a Meg's 3" mf pad.

They are not without fault either.
    Every company has had a failure before. We correct any problems that may arise and take criticism very seriously.

If you do ever have a problem with a Lake Country product, PLEASE take a picture with your email address and date visible in the photo and contact us.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if this is veering a bit off topic, but who makes-sells the PC Guard for the Porter Cable Shroud?
    TIA, Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    Sorry if this is veering a bit off topic, but who makes-sells the PC Guard for the Porter Cable Shroud?
    TIA, Mark
    Never mind folks, I found it, a company called show car supplies. Just ordered the PC Guard.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast