autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

New To Forum - My Introduction

Hello all. This is my first post so I'll try not to sound like a newb. I have always been a car fanatic. I love to keep 'em spotless. I recently started using better products than what you find in the local walmart..lol. I ordered a full kit from Zaino and used it on my 05 SRT-4 and my fiance's 01 Cougar,..both are Black. I never realized clay made such a huge difference!! Wow. Overall,..I am impressed with Zaino's shine and durability. But, minor swirls have only been hidden(somewhat). I want to remove them. Which is why I'm here. I'm looking to purchase one of the PC kits..probably the Menzerna since I've read good things on here and over on autopia.net. Basically what I want is something to remove minor swirls, some high quality polish, a great sealant, and a fantastic carnauba to top it all of.
    I've never used something like the 7424 before,...so maybe I'll practice on my 99 contour svt(silver).
    Is the Menzerna kit right for me or should I mix and match? Also, can you guys recommend something for tire shine that isn't greasy and won't be thrown all over the wheels/doors?
    Thanks alot and I look forward to some friendly banter on here!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreBoostPlease
    Hello all. This is my first post so I'll try not to sound like a newb. I have always been a car fanatic. I love to keep 'em spotless. I recently started using better products than what you find in the local walmart..lol. I ordered a full kit from Zaino and used it on my 05 SRT-4 and my fiance's 01 Cougar,..both are Black. I never realized clay made such a huge difference!! Wow. Overall,..I am impressed with Zaino's shine and durability. But, minor swirls have only been hidden(somewhat). I want to remove them. Which is why I'm here. I'm looking to purchase one of the PC kits..probably the Menzerna since I've read good things on here and over on autopia.net. Basically what I want is something to remove minor swirls, some high quality polish, a great sealant, and a fantastic carnauba to top it all of.
    I've never used something like the 7424 before,...so maybe I'll practice on my 99 contour svt(silver).
    Is the Menzerna kit right for me or should I mix and match? Also, can you guys recommend something for tire shine that isn't greasy and won't be thrown all over the wheels/doors?
    Thanks alot and I look forward to some friendly banter on here!!!

WELCOME.......

This is a nice kit
    Souveran Menzerna Kit

Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel dresses your tires in a dark, satin finish that protects the rubber for weeks! This tire dressing and protectant enhances
    Also try not to lay on the tire shine so heavy......
    Pinnacle has a nice tire shine

Good Luck ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to AutoGeek, you'll find this place to be friendly and it's memeber very knolegable...example Al-53 he's the guru....there are lots of members with wicked experiance.

So, new to the Porter Cable 7424. It's easy, nothign to worry about...I recomend you watch the videos though....um...try this link:

Learn how to detail with CCS Smart Pads by Lake Country and the Porter Cable 7424 dual action buffer. Polish swirl remover car wax polisher wax

Scroll down to the videos it's called Learn to use the Porter Cable 7424:

As for polish, Menzerna is the best polish available...well Menzerna and Optimum are my two best products to remove swirls.

Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forums.....There is no magic using a PC..it is just learning to use it with the right product combo for your paint....best to read and learn the techniques used and then venture into using it....

there are many polishes out there..way to many...lol....but for me the best ones I have used are Menzerna #1 in my books...I also use 3M and Hi Temp...but the Menz works best with the greatest results....

As far as sealants...waxes... and tire coating thats all personal preference...every one has thier own just like the polishes I gave you..

It all boils down to what works for you....what looks good to you and how long you want them to last before you have to redo them....

Welcome to AG

AL

Post Thanks / Like
    if you give me tonight, i will bring back my once famous newb guides Please just post your cars colors, and what climate you live in and you will get a nice guide
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryandamartini
    if you give me tonight, i will bring back my once famous newb guides Please just post your cars colors, and what climate you live in and you will get a nice guide
    2005 Dodge SRT-4-Black: w/minor swirls
    2001 Mercury Cougar-Black: w/minor swirls
    1999 Contour SVT-Silver: needs a little love to be beautiful again

I live near Philadelphia,..so we have hot summers and cold winters w/snow&ice&salt.

I would obviously prefer more inexpensive products.....but I'm used to paying for Zaino so I know that quality and cost generally go hand in hand.

Thanks for any help!