autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've read of this issue before; it's always been fixed by edge or ag.

Post Thanks / Like
    WYT and Greg, I hope my post didn't sound like I was bashing Edge. I think its very impressive and unfortunately unusual for company to take care of customers after purchase. Its nice and refreshing to see a company (AG, Edge, etc) take care of there customer. Keep up the good work Aaron and AG.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think anyone is beating on Edge, just expressing concerns and issues they have had.

I had a problem with a pad and Aaron responded almost imediately. Never had such great response about any other product I've purchased.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Star
    WYT and Greg, I hope my post didn't sound like I was bashing Edge. I think its very impressive and unfortunately unusual for company to take care of customers after purchase. Its nice and refreshing to see a company (AG, Edge, etc) take care of there customer. Keep up the good work Aaron and AG.
    Oh, I didn't think you were, it was more or less a general statment to anyone who was reading this thread and was starting to look negitavly upon EDGE. THe fact if, manufactured goods have issues. I have seen more than one thread (and experinced) where the backing plate for the velcro pads came apart while working on a car. Things break, good customer service is where the company keeps loyalty.
    2005 Phantom Black Metallic GTO-M6
    Head/Cammed-450rwhp/415rwtq
    1/4--12.1 @ 118mph, 1.7 60'

Post Thanks / Like
    My adapter for the PC lost its bearings also. I got 2 replacements quick fast and in a hurry. I was supposed to send mine back but my fiance accidently tossed it .

This only happens on the PC though. The PC heats up BP's and adapters much more than a rotary does. This is what kills them. My adapter got so hot i couldnt even touch it. By the time it cooled down enough to touch it i removed the pad and all 3 bearings fell out. It even melted the pad holder so now that pad is wobbly. I didnt send back the pad becuase oddly enough it still works fine even on my rotary.

I stopped using this system on my PC and went back to the traditional hook and loop setup.

I couldnt imagine using anything but the 2000 system on my rotary, IMO its the best setup you can have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know coupe.
    (I used to live in GR, well actually Kentwood)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have spoken to Ed and we have gotten him taken care of, we are shipping him a new one. To hold him over our friend Justin was nice enough to meet up with Ed and let him borrow one for the weekend. Nice to see everyone on this board helping out each other. As for customer service, well if you have a problem with a product AG will make it right! Just call us, that's what we are here for! We are never to busy to help out a customer, things break, that is a fact of life, we are here to make sure they are taken care of, whether its Edge or any other product we carry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Edge
    and just so eveyone knows, that adapters are GURANTEED FOR LIFE ! so just send it back to AG or Edge direct and we will get you a new on. We also like to get them back so we can find out what happened and try if possible to improve the product.

Aaron
    I think that seals the deal for me, Im going to try the new edge system when my LC wears out, maybe even a little ealier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMINUS
    I think that seals the deal for me, Im going to try the new edge system when my LC wears out, maybe even a little ealier.
    GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! don't forget to try the ShMiTT!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the kind words guys! It makes it all worth it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Aaron, this is the very reason I ordered my PC with the Edge kit.... Your great customer service.... I do have a ShMiTT by the way and LOVE it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast