autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

1st time using my 7427 today....

it took me about 2 hours to do just the hood and drivers fender of my car.
    did xmt 2 with the edge 2000 orange pad on 5 then used the blue pad with xmt finishing glaze, that smells very yummy.......I hope it gets faster as i do this more......

question....the pad doesnt seem to spin very much is this normal? i wasnt putting much pressure on the machine, infact at one point it was JUST the machine's weight on the pad on the hood and it still didnt seem to be spinning..... what gives?

Post Thanks / Like
    It really shouldnt take that long. 2x2 ft. sections @ 3-5 each. Youll get faster as you get more experience though. Bump it up to speed 6.

Post Thanks / Like
    The pad won't rotate if you have too much pressure on the pad, the pad is gummed up, the pad isn't completely flat on the surface, the speed isn't fast enough, etc. I'm not too familiar with speed 5, I do most, if not all of my work on 6 and I have a hard time to get the pad to stop spinning. On lower speeds, it can / will stop...

There isn't anything wrong with taking a lot of time.... a heck of a lot easier to take the time and do it via PC vs. by hand , the results are worth it too I bet, but yes, you'll speed up with time as you get more comfortable.

Post Thanks / Like
    i think i was holding on too tight too, my arms are sore lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the PC Conor, about the pads not spinning there have been a few discussion about it but this is expected. I have the Edge pads and I did have the PC too and when I first used it I was in your shoes, wondering why it wasen't spinning. Don't worry about it to much the PC is working properly.

The down side of the PC is the vibrations, that's what made me get the Cyclo and moved up to the rotary...Cyclo is sweet and the rotary even better.

Looking forward to the pictures buddy and the write up of course.

Post Thanks / Like
    Speed 6 is the only speed to really keep the pad spinning, anything lower will just vibrate back and forth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys....I'm gonna rewash the car tomorrow and try to do the pass fender, both doors and the hardtop..... I will try it on Speed 6.

another question....how many cars should 1 bottle of XMT do?
    i think its the 16oz bottle? I've been putting 2 Nickel sized drops of XMT on the orange pad, is this too much or too little product? i think i was trying to do a too large of an area i was doing closer to 18" x 18" ill try to do 2x2 tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor
    Thanks guys....I'm gonna rewash the car tomorrow and try to do the pass fender, both doors and the hardtop..... I will try it on Speed 6.

another question....how many cars should 1 bottle of XMT do?
    i think its the 16oz bottle? I've been putting 2 Nickel sized drops of XMT on the orange pad, is this too much or too little product? i think i was trying to do a too large of an area i was doing closer to 18" x 18" ill try to do 2x2 tomorrow
    too much prodcut. You really only need 2-3 PEA sized amounts on the pad, especially for a 2x2 area. You should expect at least 20 cars out of 16oz's of polish I assume, maybe closer to 30 depending on size.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow. that little bit? the product seems so clear when its spread out, its almost hard to see it.
    2010 Alpine White 135i - Lovin it
    2003 Nighthawk Black Perl TL - SOLD
    2000 Silverstone S2000 - Hardtop - SOLD

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by budman3
    There isn't anything wrong with taking a lot of time.... a heck of a lot easier to take the time and do it via PC vs. by hand , the results are worth it too I bet, but yes, you'll speed up with time as you get more comfortable.
    Yeah, definitely nothing wrong with taking a long time. But he will get faster with more practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor
    i think i was trying to do a too large of an area i was doing closer to 18" x 18" ill try to do 2x2 tomorrow
    Well youll want 24" by 24", or 2ft. x 2ft area. You might want to consider taping off the car by 2x2 ft. areas so you get a feel for how much 2ft x 2ft is. Might help you out a little.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast