autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't stand the wait

bought a PC kit from autogeek and the wait is killing me...

going to try out on the wife's silver pilot before my black FX.

anyone have a pics of finished silver cars? curious how good they can look.

bought:
    PC 7424 w/ pad kit and bonnet kit
    XMT 2
    clay
    Klasse AIO
    Klasse Sealer glaze
    Pinacle Sov liquid

think this is a good start? other recommended products?

Thanks in advance...

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    very cool - what products and process did you use? If you don't mind me asking....

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a couple I've done. Unfortunately I don't remember what I used as a topper on the MX-5. The Lexus got Prime/AJT - my favorite for silver cars.

2005 Lexus RX330

Last edited by Sevenrd; 05-04-2007 at 11:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    S/B good! Remember to pick up some good tools for washing. Thats what puts the swirls back in. Remember with the Klasse twins you cannot put it on to thin (by hand or 4" grey LC pads(6" pads absorb to much)). More is NOT better. Layer the SG. Depending on your style preferences you will eventually want to try Souveran paste for the black.

Can't wait to see the FX done. I have been looking at those for a while. Like everything about them except the ride seems kind of harsh for LA streets even without the 20" wheels. Been looking for a place to rent one here in LA to try for a weekend but cannot find one. Can you give me your opinions/history on yours? Also have issues with the local dealers.
    "I love the smell of carnuba in the morning ... it smells like ... victory"
    JSR

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks.

I opted to get the 2006 FX with 18" tires and the ride is much better. The thing handles like it is on rails. Very impressed with it so far - only 9K miles - and no problems. I rented one on a business trip at Hertz LAX and I think it had the 20's on it. I have every option but the sport and rear dvd. The navi, bluetooth, intelligent cruise control are great. I find myself turning off the lane change warning system most of the time though. if you are looking for something different than the herd - the FX is the one. It is fun to drive and the interior is nice as well.

what issues do you have with the dealers?

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel your pain. Waiting for UPS to come is like waiting for Santa Clause on Christmas!! You've got a great first order there! Enjoy your products and please share your pics with us so we can enjoy your detail too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive got an order coming in on the 8th. Last order before starting again this summer. I cant wait! Between detailing, parting my car out, and trying to sell it Im going to have one busy summer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard
    thanks.

I opted to get the 2006 FX with 18" tires and the ride is much better. The thing handles like it is on rails. Very impressed with it so far - only 9K miles - and no problems. I rented one on a business trip at Hertz LAX and I think it had the 20's on it. I have every option but the sport and rear dvd. The navi, bluetooth, intelligent cruise control are great. I find myself turning off the lane change warning system most of the time though. if you are looking for something different than the herd - the FX is the one. It is fun to drive and the interior is nice as well.

what issues do you have with the dealers?
    The folks at the one here in the South Bay area of LA are just oblivious to their customers. They have no concept that they might want customers to return.
    Asked them where I could rent one for a weekend test drive. They did not know if that was possible and could not be bothered to find out for me. I'll check out LAX Hertz, I'm 5 miles south of there.
    They had a lease deal last fall, $1999 and $199 a month for a year (2008 will be new) but they would not tell me what the buy-back would be if I wanted to keep it.
    Finally would have bought one, 06 Touring package only for 35k, but I wanted it in blue, and they did not have one. They would not trade with another dealer here in LA to get one. Told me I would have to remake my deal with them. I walked.
    Oddly enough I talked to an Infiniti corporate rep at the Auto Show and I am just the long time BMW owner they are trying to convert. I talk at new Infiniti owners whenever I can and the common response around here is "Love the car, can't stand the dealer". Extreme duress to take their cars back into them.
    The only good thing they have going for them is that the BMW folks are even more arrogant but between them they have the only cars I am interested in. Rented a CTS Cadillac last weekend. Nice car, but handling was just to 'American' vague. Sad thoughts for a ex-Detroit boy.
    Anyway, FX or 3/5 series (Corvette won't hold the fishing rods). Decisions, Decisions
    "I love the smell of carnuba in the morning ... it smells like ... victory"
    JSR