autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Harbor Freight DA Polisher - New

Quote Originally Posted by beamerstrumpet View Post
    UDP are you making the vid? I dont have N/N pliers yet. becides I dont have a smart phone or someone around at 2 AM to film it. I might be able to rig up a shelf. No tri pod either LOLOL.
    I went out yesterday to look for Sta-plex red grease at harbor freight and they were out so I've postponed the project as the rest of the week is pretty busy for me. I will check HF tomorrow again. Sears does sell it too but just haven't got the time to head out there. I do have needle nose pliers. If I get it I can try and make a video. I have two HF DAs to do this on so I can do it on one then once i figure it out do it on the second one for the video. Doesn't look too complicated to do this. Does anyone know if there another recommended grease for this I can find locally?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harbor Freight DA Polisher - New

Just ask for any high quality gear grease. any auto store should have it. I got mine at O'Rriely's Auto.
    You will also notice I did not have to mess with the counter weight.
    OK here is where to use your vice grips to break the Torque after removing your backing plate;

I used a toung depressor and filled the primary cavity, then I used an acid brush to cover the gears on the plate.

ONce all good and lubed, put the 2 pcs back together. you will get squeeze out from around the mating surface's then pressed it together to help the grease out.

Just a note to anyone not used to working on this kind of stuff, DO NOT TIGHTEN SCREWS ONE AT A TIME. Make sure each one is started and not cross threading. Once all are as tight as you can get with your screw driver, use vice grips again to put some torque back on it. BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVER TORQUE AND BREAK OFF HEADS!
    Then Its time to burp the baby. Start on 1 and work to max. You will get a lot of grease out if you load it up the way I did.

Then I used some IPA on a paper towel to wipe all the grease off the tool, and used duct tape to cover the bleed hole.

Funny how I was so stumped by this until that light-bulb turned on! I will be splicing a longer cord to the unit or maybe just adapting one like is in all the docs I have sent out. Ill get pics for you all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great instructions and glad to know no need to mess with the backplate. I will be doing when I get home later this evening.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Beamer you have posted great photo's and given good information about the screws . Was the speed changed when you removed and reinstalled all of the grease? I am still learning about detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

Just picked up mine today, used a 25% off coupon. Needed to buy the needle nose pliers too. Lady said it was $20 for the warranty, I said I thought the warranty was based on purchase price. She was confused and said it just said the cost was $20. How do I add the warranty?? I don't want to pay 20 but I'll pay 10!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parttimer View Post
    Just picked up mine today, used a 25% off coupon. Needed to buy the needle nose pliers too. Lady said it was $20 for the warranty, I said I thought the warranty was based on purchase price. She was confused and said it just said the cost was $20. How do I add the warranty?? I don't want to pay 20 but I'll pay 10!
    My local store quoted $34.99 for the extended warranty. Cashier said that's what was coming up on the computer. I've heard $10 from other sources here. Now $20??

Post Thanks / Like

I called HF and was told 9.98 for 2 years, We should call and ask for an e-mail to confirm. I will try and do that.

Post Thanks / Like

Just used mine today. Works great.

I have the 3in backing plate and the 3in Hydro tech pads.

Also have Adams' 4in pads that fit perfectly on this backing plate.

3in Backing Plate

Lake Country Hyrdotech Pads

Edit: I should note that I also have the Flex 3401, but will use the HF DA for smaller areas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jbjwallace View Post
    Beamer you have posted great photo's and given good information about the screws . Was the speed changed when you removed and reinstalled all of the grease? I am still learning about detailing.
    Dont know didn't use a tachometer! LOLOL feels good though.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't beat the price so why not!

I first bought the PC, then just lately I bought the GG DA.
    So now I have my PC setup with four inch pads and my GG is setup with 5.5 inch pads, too bad I can't use either one now due to my health but soon I'll be back at it again and having the two will make it much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Picked up a second one today with the same 25% off coupon and the cashier handed the coupon back to me to use another day Now I will have one with a 5inch backplate and one with a 3.5inch backplate.

Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast