autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harbor Freight DA Polisher - New

Let me know how it goes as this is way easier LOLOL. I stil need to break mine apart and i think ill clean it out and use new grease, then just refill it when needed from the hole on top.

Post Thanks / Like

I will keep posting as I go along, I did not feel good about taking mine apart (my problem) and after looking at the red grease coming out of the hole, it seemed that grease could be put in there.

I did my second HF last night, using a high quality grease for my chain saw.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I was originally charged $ 35 for my two year warranty but called HF customer service and they confirmed it should have been $10 for 2 years. Took it to a different HF store and returned it and rebought it with the correct pricing. $9.99 for 2 years. If you paid $34.99 you got robbed!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I just talked to HF and they tol me just to take in my sales slip
    and they will sell 2 yr for $9.98.

No need to return and rebuy

Post Thanks / Like

I am interested in getting the HF DA and wanted to know what backing plate I should upgrade to. I have a set of Chemical Guys HEX logicpads 5.5"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post
    I am interested in getting the HF DA and wanted to know what backing plate I should upgrade to. I have a set of Chemical Guys HEX logicpads 5.5"
    I'm looking at the same thing; been reading the Autogeek/Autopia forums for the past 3 days debating...

As far as the backing plate, I believe either lake country 5 inch backing plate, 5 inch backin plate, 5 inch hook and loop backing plate or Dual Action 5 Inch HD Backing Plate, DA backing plate, backing pad would work for the 5.5" pads. The Lake Country plate is $1 less and has more stars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beamerstrumpet View Post
    I think I am caught up with everyone. if your above this post and didn't get your info let me know. AG's 60 sec rule was giving me some trouble
    Hey Beamer, I'm thinking about getting this DA--could I get a PM for the greasing instructions por favor? Thx!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CDot View Post
    Hey Beamer, I'm thinking about getting this DA--could I get a PM for the greasing instructions por favor? Thx!
    Beamer - I'm gonna try and get by Harbor Freight tomorrow and pick up the DA. If you could send me the instructions also, I'd really appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CDot View Post
    I'm looking at the same thing; been reading the Autogeek/Autopia forums for the past 3 days debating...

As far as the backing plate, I believe either lake country 5 inch backing plate, 5 inch backin plate, 5 inch hook and loop backing plate or Dual Action 5 Inch HD Backing Plate, DA backing plate, backing pad would work for the 5.5" pads. The Lake Country plate is $1 less and has more stars.
    I use one made by Meg's and its great. The LC 5 inch is a good choice too depending on your pad choice
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten. Benjamin Franklin

Post Thanks / Like

Ok once again I think im caught up. I also aded some links to a very good backing pad you dont see mentioned around here I just fond it cheeper than my 11 ea I paid for it. there are two diff part numbers for what looks like same pad, I have used this pad for about 29 hrs and its fine plus at that price buy two so you have a back up.

I did what jbjwallace just did my self except I used bearing grease. used a modified syringe and filled it up from the hole. did just like him and had it on 1 filled it up pretty good and ran it up to 6. defiantly more quiet,, if the two diff lubes start to cause a problem,, then Ill take mine apart. worst case ,,, have to spend another 40 bucks.

Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast